Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Gamerofthegame posted:

op eat the loving onion you coward

mercifully i am presently in europe and cannot consume the onion. rest assured, if brits tried to make a bloomin onion youd end up with like a cucumber covered in figgy pudding or something. britons saw a hellman's commercial where people were just eating mayo off wonderbread and thought "gently caress yeah, that sounds great"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

cis autodrag posted:

mercifully i am presently in europe and cannot consume the onion. rest assured, if brits tried to make a bloomin onion youd end up with like a cucumber covered in figgy pudding or something. britons saw a hellman's commercial where people were just eating mayo off wonderbread and thought "gently caress yeah, that sounds great"

You'd think that. But the thing about British cuisine? We steal from everywhere. There are several Outback steakhouses in the UK, and they serve the full wonder that is the Bloomin' Onion. You have said where you are. The Bloomin' Onion is here in all its faux-antipodean glory. You have impugned my nation's culinary theft skills. You have no excuses left. Eat the Bloomin' Onion.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

AJ_Impy posted:

You'd think that. But the thing about British cuisine? We steal from everywhere. There are several Outback steakhouses in the UK, and they serve the full wonder that is the Bloomin' Onion. You have said where you are. The Bloomin' Onion is here in all its faux-antipodean glory. You have impugned my nation's culinary theft skills. You have no excuses left. Eat the Bloomin' Onion.
Honestly, this sounds a lot like American cuisine. I suppose it makes sense; we learned from the masters. :P

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

That's it thread over.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Teledahn posted:

What if...

Kuvo eats the onion.

i had onions in my thai noodles today at lunch

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

We'd have to find another outback to go to so they don't call the cops on us on sight

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Please don't threaten onions with a sword :(

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

YamiNoSenshi posted:

If Geop won't eat the onion then gee OP should eat the onion.

bman in 2288 posted:

I am down for this. cis autodrag, eat the onion.

ultrafilter posted:

The onion must be eaten. To be eaten by geop is ideal, but to be eaten by the OP is sublime.

AJ_Impy posted:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

God drat. :shepface:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

mods, help

this is clearly cyber-bullying

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

AJ_Impy posted:

can you explain to me why everything here is so sugary and bland? like, it tastes like y'all are putting ketchup on pizzas, and even the "sourghdough" they served before the steak i just ate tasted like wonderbread. and some place we were just at had a "buffalo sauce" that was clearly sweet baby ray's with some weak hot sauce in it. like holy poo poo can the british palette just not handle any flavors more intense than overcooked eggs? i am missing chili an unreasonable amount :(

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
cis autodrag, you had one job.

With one sole purpose in mind did you put together this thread - harnessing all that memepower and baiting all that humour - and convince Mega64 to let you post it.

All you had to do was get Geop to eat the onion.

And yet;

And now we have a problem. The forums hunger, cis autodrag. They hunger, not for onions, but for the eating of onions, which is kind of weird when you think about it but that's just how we roll in Let's Play. It's who we are.

I think it's pretty clear where the forums stand on this;

YamiNoSenshi posted:

If Geop won't eat the onion then gee OP should eat the onion.

bman in 2288 posted:

I am down for this. cis autodrag, eat the onion.

ultrafilter posted:

The onion must be eaten. To be eaten by geop is ideal, but to be eaten by the OP is sublime.

Gamerofthegame posted:

op eat the loving onion you coward

Teledahn posted:

loving hell somebody better eat the onion and I don't think it's going to be me.

cis autodrag, it's time to stand up and take responsibility.

Welcome to your :frogsiren:MOD CHALLENGE!:frogsiren:

You could probably guess most of the terms yourself but here they are:

1. You must Eat The Onion. Either find somewhere that serves one, or make one yourself (it turns out it's actually not that hard).
  2. You will present the Eating Of The Onion to us for our entertainment. How you do this is your choice. Video, screenshot. Documentary, drama. Live, edited. Follow your heart! Just make it good, and mean it.

You have two weeks to make it happen.

Fail to Eat The Onion and you'll Eat The Ban instead. Fail to entertain us and you'll eat a courtesy probation. Should you be deemed to have passed with flying colours, though, you can have a forum upgrade of some sort (plat/archives/new avatar), on us, for your trouble.

Oh... but watch out. Per ancient Mod Challenge tradition, anyone is free to take up the challenge themselves, and if they do a better job of it than you do, then they will get to choose your fate.

You know what must be done.

Good luck.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Fedule posted:

Oh... but watch out. Per ancient Mod Challenge tradition, anyone is free to take up the challenge themselves, and if they do a better job of it than you do, then they will get to choose your fate.

hmmmm

theres only one outback steakhouse on the peninsula and of course its in daly city lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

and there's Fedule to Geop's rescue :v:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i'm glad i bookmarked this thread

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Fedule posted:

Fail to Eat The Onion and you'll Eat The Ban instead. Fail to entertain us and you'll eat a courtesy probation. Should you be deemed to have passed with flying colours, though, you can have a forum upgrade of some sort (plat/archives/new avatar), on us, for your trouble.

I'll do this tomorrow. What would my fate choice options be? If the Outback in my town doesn't serve the three-point, will a normal blooming onion or two suffice?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 31, 2017

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
What if I just eat some Onion? In an Australian way being a native.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Fedule posted:

You know what must be done.

Good luck.

cis autodrag you're on notice buddy, i'm comin 4 ya

DeusExIgnis
Aug 21, 2014

Gridlocked posted:

What if I just eat some Onion? In an Australian way being a native.

No. The Onion Gods demand sacrifice. High-fat, high-calorie sacrifice.

Zanna
Oct 9, 2012
Is the challenge specifically for the Three-Point Onion, or does any version of the onion work? If I wanted to make my own, do I need to emulate it as closely as possible, or can I get fancy? Because I've got ideas.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Outback is disgusting, but the notion of a home-made blooming onion is actually vaguely intriguing.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Obligatum VII posted:

Outback is disgusting, but the notion of a home-made blooming onion is actually vaguely intriguing.

Imagine one made with peanut oil- ooh, no, peanut sauce

Zanna
Oct 9, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

During the last onion incident, I had the idea to do mini-onions with cipollinis as a riff on onion bhajis, with cucumber raita and mint chutney. I still need to try that out, actually.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Discendo Vox posted:

I was imagining more along the lines of some sort of spicy onion, like a jalapeno popper but more oniony.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Geop, now is the time to eat the onion. Your obstinate refusal to consume l'oignon, as the French call it, has not only birthed several wondrous gifs portraying said refusal, but also initiated a mod challenge. Time to strike while the iron is hot, my friend! Eat the onion and get that chumpo banned, or mega-probated, or perhaps given a humorous red title letting all the forums know what a nerd he is. Do it! Take his challenge and shove it down his gullet by shoving the onion down yours!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fedule posted:

aw poo poo

there's an Outback like a mile away from my house

get your house in order, cis autodrag

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

If OP won't make and consume the onion i will. :colbert:

or at least I'll make an attempt, I am not confident in my ability to fry an entire battered onion without setting something on fire

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oh snap.

Better find my nearest Outback Steakhouse and get a camera.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Since a couple of people have asked, it is not necessary to eat the Three Point, the regular Bloom will suffice.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fedule posted:

Since a couple of people have asked, it is not necessary to eat the Three Point, the regular Bloom will suffice.
Mod, is it only a 100% run of Bloomin' Onion: The Life Experience if you get the three point

Because I was planning on doing an informative run on Bloomin' Onion, but dangit I forgot about that secret ending

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

cis autodrag posted:

can you explain to me why everything here is so sugary and bland? like, it tastes like y'all are putting ketchup on pizzas, and even the "sourghdough" they served before the steak i just ate tasted like wonderbread. and some place we were just at had a "buffalo sauce" that was clearly sweet baby ray's with some weak hot sauce in it. like holy poo poo can the british palette just not handle any flavors more intense than overcooked eggs? i am missing chili an unreasonable amount :(

Sugary, you're used to high fructose corn syrup and the taste of purer sugars stands out. Bland, that's unfortunately something of a local tradition. Finding good chili is unreasonably hard, so we usually just cook it ourselves. Your best options for spicy are kebabs or Indian.

Also, it looks like Bloomin' Brands has been closing down restaurants lately. I'm not sure how many they have left in the UK if any. You may need to go the homemade route.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
What's a three point?

e. Mother of God :stare:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

AJ_Impy posted:

Sugary, you're used to high fructose corn syrup and the taste of purer sugars stands out. Bland, that's unfortunately something of a local tradition. Finding good chili is unreasonably hard, so we usually just cook it ourselves. Your best options for spicy are kebabs or Indian.

Also, it looks like Bloomin' Brands has been closing down restaurants lately. I'm not sure how many they have left in the UK if any. You may need to go the homemade route.

lol, im not leaving europe for another month, so i guess rip my account. it was fun getting doxxed by a horde of offsite dipshits, sorry you wont get any onion pics to add to your pile.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Create the onion, OP. Be the change you want to see in your mouth.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I have an Idea. We'll have to see what I can manage with a tablet on hotel WiFi. Stay tuned.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I should probably clarify this since three separate people have asked;

Nobody needs to show their face in their presentation. Any basic proof of account identity will do; just have your username written on something and shown somewhere, we're not picky. This is LP; you know how we feel about facecams.

(You can if you want but it absolutely is not a requirement.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
You know, I can't help but feel somewhat responsible for putting the OP in a rather inauspicious position.

AJ_Impy posted:

There are several Outback steakhouses in the UK, and they serve the full wonder that is the Bloomin' Onion. You have said where you are. The Bloomin' Onion is here in all its faux-antipodean glory.

This was certainly true the last time I dined at an Outback Steakhouse at the heart of our nation's capital. However, since then,

AJ_Impy posted:

Also, it looks like Bloomin' Brands has been closing down restaurants lately. I'm not sure how many they have left in the UK if any.

They're gone. No longer is the delight of a pound of deep-fried onion available upon these hallowed shores. This means that the OP would be unable to get the original, and may be hard-pressed getting access to a kitchen with which to make their own whilst being in a hotel. I look forward to seeing their effort, but in the mean time I sought to correct my earlier misinformation through honest toil and onion consumption.

Firstly, let's head down to the local supermarket to assess what onion-related ready-meals might be available for consumption. Can we replicate the ridiculously calorific experience?

Hm. As you can see, not the widest selection to work from, but together that should be at the very least a sufficient quantity of deliciously battered and spiced onion thingies. Let's take a closer look.

All fairly bare bones, and sadly lacking in any kind of dip or sauce. Must've been sold separately. Ah well. Let's get cooking!

Isn't that appetising? Ah, but the first bite is with the eye.

Behold, a gigantic pile of oniony stuff! I don't know about you, but I think this looks Bloomin' marvellous. Now, where there's beauty, there is also the beast:

You know, I could really do with a shave. Ah well. So, we must valiantly struggle against this vast pile of oniony stuff.

Step by step, oniony thing by oniony thing, we carry on. We dare where Geop dares not, we persevere past the point any sane person would have stilled their mad onion consumption.

The end is in sight! But a single bhaji and a single ring of battered onion stand in the way of our ultimate triumph!

I would like to appeal for Clemency: It turns out the OP can't simply visit an Outback steakhouse in the UK and may not have easy access to a kitchen. I hold my hand up on getting the first one wrong. In any case, the OP was trying to perform a public service: Should they suffer for Geop's onion refusal?

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 31, 2017

• Locked thread