Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Peachfart posted:

A steak shouldn't be spicy in the first place, a steak should taste like steak.

This is my point.

And after this trip, let me assure you that the USA does spicy food about 1000x better than anywhere in Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
To be fair, a lot of that is the melting pot from Latin America and Asia bringing their spices and recipes with them.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Bogart posted:

To be fair, a lot of that is the melting pot from Latin America and Asia bringing their spices and recipes with them.

It's good. On this trip I've been to a bunch of places that called themselves Mexican or Chinese and not a chili to be seen anywhere.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
OK, here's my attempt at the mod challenge.

As I told you all earlier, I'm currently on a fantabulous european vacation and did not have access to The Onion in order to eat it. The first step on my journey was simple: Go somewhere I could get The Onion. I drove to the airport, but it turns out that there are no flights to anywhere with an Outback from Wales. Fortunately, the ywdwargmydochdochmolchywag (that's Welsh for Counter Lady) let me borrow an aeroplane so I could fly myself. It took a while to get the hang of it, but eventually I found a route:

Once I'd landed in Oosotoraria (that's Nihongo for White Man Internment Camp), I made haste for the nearest Outback Steakhouse. I'd landed on what turned out to be Ayer's Rock because it looked easy to land on, so the kangaride to Sydney was quite difficult, but eventually I had my prize:

The nice Steak Bloke at the Outhouse Steakback told me that this very special onion was created for a spectacle called the March of Madness. While I don't know about sports, I thought it would be kind to let The Onion witness the event before I became forever one with it, so next we flew to America to view this game tournament. I was much better at flying this time and I even managed to go in a straight line!

Because I am a glamourous fashion star we got free seats next to the basketball pitch. It was exciting, but I think all the squeaking of shoes scared the onion because it quivered through the entire game. I can't say I understood what I was seeing, but the crowd cheered loudly whenever the ballsman threw the ball through the ringboard. It didn't mean much to me, but I'll gladly consume applause no matter who it's intended for.

While we were attending the game, we met a very tall man named LeBron James. I asked if he was a frenchman and he said I was funny and asked about my trip. I told him about The Onion and he asked if he could watch me eat it, so he joined us on our final flight from America's Basketball Island to Los Angeles

LeBron was an expert on all types of fried foods and he told me that I should prepare my mouth with a little botox. He assured me that it reduced the gag reflex and made it easier for The Onion to merge with my esophagus.

As prepared as I could be, slowly I raised my friend and sacrifice, The 3-Pointed Onion, to my beglittered maw:

Even in spite of LeBron's very useful advice, and generally supportive attitude, it was quite difficult to hold my beautiful Onion companion down. In Its honor, I did my best to hold a stern face:

Finally, my Flesh one with The Onion, I glistened in triumph, a new collective soul, consciousness expanded, mind linked with the global tuberous network of the onion mind. Finally, we were at peace. Finally, there were no layers between us:

And as required by the rules of the challenge, proof of identity:

The MUMPSorceress fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Apr 5, 2017

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

seems legit

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Lazy OP made a lazy response, color me surprised.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

I think you're going to have to do better than that.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Added Space posted:

Lazy OP made a lazy response, color me surprised.

Teledahn posted:

I think you're going to have to do better than that.

looks like we've got a couple more folks that need some point by point onions in their lives.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I don't like your map projection, minus some points.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

PhazonLink posted:

I don't like your map projection, minus some points.

I'm a dymaxion gurl 4eva.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Brave enough to ask LeBron if he is a Frenchmen. 5/5

Zanna
Oct 9, 2012
This challenge really interested me, and it was an excuse to try out an idea I had last time Geop-onion relations came up. So I did a thing.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-NgO53BdbI

azren
Feb 14, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

Onionquest MMXVII

Okay, I got a bit of a chuckle out of this.

That said, :magical:

azren fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 7, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

That part of the LP was so amazingly good :allears:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

I was very disappointed at the lack of a particular lighting effect

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
OP deserves their inevitable onion based probation

Enjoy your holiday OP

Delvio
Sep 14, 2007

Nice try, but I know you faked that video in Photoshop.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I find it shocking that you can't find an onion blossom in England, it seems like the type of poo poo you could just pick up at a pub.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Grapplejack posted:

I find it shocking that you can't find an onion blossom in England, it seems like the type of poo poo you could just pick up at a pub.

British pub grub tends to fall into 'traditional', 'gastropub' or 'this pub is also a Thai restaurant'. Onion blossoms fit none of these.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I'm through Paris and into Belgium now anyway. Belgium is much more polite than France, imo

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
cis autodrag eat the Franco-Belgian comics

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Tintin Must Die

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Asterix too

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Belgium has the shittiest National rail system so far. Rest of the country was cool tho.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

cis autodrag posted:

Belgium has the shittiest National rail system so far. Rest of the country was cool tho.

What is their national fried onion dish? :colbert:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Teledahn posted:

What is their national fried onion dish? :colbert:

Probably the soup. It's like French onion soup, but the Belgian version uses beer rather than beef stock.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Can you deep fry soup, and form it into petals? Like a blooming onion soup.

I'm being stupid, of course you can deep fry soup.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Can you deep fry soup, and form it into petals? Like a blooming onion soup.

I'm being stupid, of course you can deep fry soup.

The American South has figured out how to deep fry Kool-Aid. Anything is possible now.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

If ice cream can be deep-fried then all bets are off.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
You can deep fry butter and soda. It's possible.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Geop, eat the deep-fried ice cream

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

Geop, eat the deep-fried ice cream

You're just transparently baiting for an excuse to have some yourself now. :colbert:

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

Octatonic posted:

You're just transparently baiting for an excuse to have some yourself now. :colbert:

After that image, I want some.

Not enough onions though.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Octatonic posted:

:yum:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

carpe crema, sally, for tomorrow we fry

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Commander Keene posted:

If ice cream can be deep-fried then all bets are off.

You have to wrap it in a thin sheet of pie crust dough, then dip it in the oil very quickly.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

wiegieman posted:

You have to wrap it in a thin sheet of pie crust dough, then dip it in the oil very quickly.
It also helps if you superfreeze the ice cream beforehand. Like, negative degrees Fahrenheit levels of superfreezing.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

To bring this full circle, I had onion ice cream in Tropea, Italy, a town famous for its sweetish red onions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

gschmidl posted:

To bring this full circle, I had onion ice cream in Tropea, Italy, a town famous for its sweetish red onions.

But how did it taste?

• Locked thread