Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's rigged the Tourney this year?
Lizard people
Those darned millennials and their body language
Enemies of ACC Athletics
Levar Ball
Coach K, but good prevailed
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
View Results

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Gonzaga's having some trouble with WVU's pressure but WVU can't really take advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not to go all Charles here but Adrian really is a surprisingly effective player for a guy who has like, absolutely no touch on any shot he takes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh poo poo that was actually smart, I didn't realize they had so many fouls to give.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, that was as bad as the...what was it, Wichita State/Kentucky where they had the no call on an obvious charge (and travel before that)?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't understand the officiating in this game.

Like, there are lots of fouls, whatever. That happens with West Virginia. But it's like they want to call some iffy touch fouls and let ridiculously obvious poo poo go.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, a little too fancy there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If I'm a coach of one of the trash schools in the WCC I'm strongly considering figuring out how to build a pressing team right now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SpiritualDeath posted:

What about this game has been fun to watch?

Gonzaga not being able to deal with pressure has been pretty interesting imo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kirios posted:

Are there any other pressure heavy teams in the tournament besides West Virginia

Pretty sure they're at least the last ones left? I mean plenty of teams will show a little pressure now and then but never all game like WVU.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Can they just give the ball to West Virginia or can they only check who the ball went 'out' off of?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Troy Queef posted:

it was probably trying to get the clock right

Which was never wrong. I guess the shot clock might have reset.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It is amazing that no one has fouled out of this game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I swear Adrian can do absolutely nothing right when he shoots.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That feels like it's game. I don't trust WVU to have the offense to come back.

I guess at worst a one possession game though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So, so many just putridly awful final possessions in this tournament.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Eat poo poo fo real

On the other hand gently caress Josh Jackson.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Kicked a car what a monster

Kicked a car intimidating a girl who was trying to leave a bad situation. I guess she did throw a drink at someone who 'more than likely' kicked her in the head a while back and who himself received no punishment whatsoever.

But, bitch is crazy is the go to KU argument for that whole thing right? All her fault.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, I guess the official is part of the field of play, but if he's standing out of bounds isn't the ball out of bounds?

I guess maybe he was in bounds, I thought he was standing on the line.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Welp, Xavier's hanging around I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Kansas will probably win the whole thing just to irk me, but I can't get past poo poo like when they should have lost to Texas Tech.

I believe they're capable of being the best team in the nation on any particular night, but man they put up a bunch of stinkers this year without actually losing.

e: I guess the not actually losing part can be spun as a good thing if you were so inclined.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Some dunk city poo poo going down

Yeah this is unexpectedly entertaining. I'm 99% sure Arizona's going to win in the end but Xavier's doing some work here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Absolute Zero posted:

Game is making me physically ill right now. Trier is awful and his shooting lull is carrying over onto defense. Cant win like this

Apparently he heard you and decided to hit one.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, meanwhile in the NBA

quote:

The Phoenix Suns lost a tank battle to the Nets tonight out in Brooklyn and set an NBA record in the process. They started rookies Tyler Ulis, Marquese Chriss, and Derrick Jones Jr., as well as young second-year players Alex Len and Devin Booker. Len is the elder statesman of the bunch at 23, while Chriss and Jones were each born in 1997. The average age of the five starters is two weeks above 21 years old and the group comprised the youngest starting lineup in NBA history.

To put the Suns’ lineup of babies in perspective, it was younger than all but one of the NCAA teams who played tonight.

I have a strange love of NBA teams just blatantly tanking for picks.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/...%26autosize%3D1

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Codependent Poster posted:

Webber rules, and yeah, he does that a lot.

He's kind of an rear end in a top hat with the whole Michigan thing/Jalen Rose feud as far as I can tell.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd say Trier has officially woken up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Can't overturn that I don't think.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

big boi posted:

disagree

Yeah it just looked too close to overturn to me.

Big dude gonna gently caress up these free throws though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I didn't believe for a second of that game that Xavier was actually going to win.

Kinda sad about not getting an Arizona/Gonzaga rematch, but I guess I just have an 11 seed to root for instead.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Artic Puma posted:

If Gonzanga can't get to the final four over an 11 seed they are never going to do it.

Don't trust my analysis because I'm dumb, but I think Bluiett would have to absolutely dominate for them to have any chance against Gonzaga. I don't see Xavier being able to bother them on defense like WVU did.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Good poo poo Cocks, keep it up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Don't have a prayer circle with Baylor, next thing you know no one can dance and you'll be hip deep in title 9 investigations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Is Bryce Alford a senior or do I have to see him again after he transfers to Indiana with his dad?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spacebump posted:

I wish Ball would take over.

I know he's capable, but man that just isn't showing up at all tonight. I guess he's got 7 assists which is good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Santheb posted:

UK gettin it in man. Also Ball should probably sit if he's hurt

I apparently missed this by mostly watching without sound/not paying attention. Did he turn an ankle or something?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I thought Florida was going out early because of Ehud posting about the guy who tore his ACL.

Don't listen to Ehud about his teams. Print the shirts.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

I thought Florida was going out early because of Ehud posting about the guy who tore his ACL.

Don't listen to Ehud about his teams. Print the shirts.

On the other hand it's possible Ehud is a genius. We'll see.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

uncurable mlady posted:

on the other hand it's entirely possible that Wisconsin uses this opportunity to shoot a sloppy contested 3

And inexplicably hits it apparently.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

...a close game? In this tourney?

Lots of close games.

Our streak of terrible last second sets is still alive though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean if you wanted to call a foul there you really could have.

I'm glad they didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

we won't score more than 2 in OT

I am now placing a bet that Florida will go up by 10 in overtime and give the lead up.

• Locked thread