Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's rigged the Tourney this year?
Lizard people
Those darned millennials and their body language
Enemies of ACC Athletics
Levar Ball
Coach K, but good prevailed
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
View Results

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Michigan v Oregon was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SpiritualDeath posted:

Is it just me or has travelling been called too much in the tournament?

I've noticed it too.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Is it just me or does Samuel L. Jackson look weird with glasses and a bald head? Instead of an eyepatch and a goatee?

Whenever I see him without a purple Lightsaber I don't even know who he is.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Michigan and Oregon got fun at the end cuz dudes started hitting crazy shots. Gonzaga and West Virginia is not that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yikes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When people always ask "why didn't Team X run the clock all the way down," well, that's a good example as to why.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Xavier has completely disrupted what Arizona likes to do, I don't recognize any of this offense.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

this is been an Insanely good sweet 16 so far

Really only the Kansas game was completely missable.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Also if Xavier wins it's because when I was doing all my college basketball watching to scout the draft for (?) I thought Sumner was milking it in the game he got injured so the basketball gods will punish me for being so wrong.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Bleh. Two good looks, didn't knock 'em down.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jota posted:

Wow. What a big win for them.

Sorry Rick

It's all good, I thought Arizona had a decent season but didn't really think they were world beaters and were basically going to go down to the first team that could play zone and have an efficient game. I think Arizona deserved the number one seed more than UNC and probably could've done a bit better in that bracket but not a lot you can do about that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

Sean Miller has got to go. That was an absolute clinic in how to lose a game. Guards just dribbled the life out of the basketball, no passing.

I don't like a lot about what Miller does with his offense but I'm not firing a guy who brings in one of the nation's top recruits literally every season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

What about Lorenzo Romar? I think you get good recruits at UofA no matter who your coach is #itrunsitself

I think Arizona between Olsen and Miller is proof that the program needs someone with skill to run it.

And you're comparing him to a guy who gets one good prospect every season and then a bunch of lovely ones and then coaches them to a terrible record. Miller recruits a lot of good players and Arizona and then generally coaches them to competing for a conference title every season.

He's just the type of guy who does get outcoached at the end of games if it's close. That sucks and means Arizona is never going to be like Duke 2.0 or whatever but I mean that's life.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kirios posted:

Sean Miller is basically Bill Self.

If you're OK with that, cool I guess.

Okay, here's the attention you want. gently caress off.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah, it was a bit too far, apologies. Heat of the moment and such.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I watch most of these games with the sound off at work so what is the Dan Band guy?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
In a year where no team is really GREAT I half wonder if S Carolina can win this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

Hello thread I am here to watch Kentucky-UCLA and it will be the first college bball game I've watched all season. I hope you're all ready for my bad snap judgement opinions on players I've literally never seen before!

Hey Magic, thanks for posting with us

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Libertine posted:

UCLA is the betting favorite in this game which kind of surprises me but Kentucky has put down some pretty uninspiring play in the tournament so far relative to their talent.

UCLA will cruise to a title if no one makes them a half court team but will lose the second someone does that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Brolander posted:

oh it's that time i care about badgers basketball. just keeps happening

Rick who on the badgers is going to the Big show?

I got no one on my list but they usually get someone in anyway.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I got home just in time to see that awkward three.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
How the gently caress did that free throw go in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
loving wow.

• Locked thread