Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Like I said - it hasn't been so long since I tried to play through Anachronox (resorting to speedup and battle skips in the end, and still failing to complete the final boss fight) but I still don't remember a lot of the stuff in your trailers.

Also - the game still looks good. Not like "oh, the amazing graphics" good, but it doesn't seem as dated as later games that went for more realistic graphics. (Then again, I still don't see the problem with Deus Ex character models, so maybe I'm not much of an expert)

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

anilEhilated posted:

So this is where the game actually rears its ugly head and starts clobbering you with gameplay. Two dungeons back to back, nothing interesting in either of them.
Emptyquoting this.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

davidspackage posted:

That's really interesting to know, thanks!
I had to figure it out for myself when playing. Just goes to show exactly how obscure the game is.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The next part is a bit of drag (like most Anachronox dungeons, actually). I wouldn't be opposed to liberal use of the fast-forward key, during exploration or in combat.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

davidspackage posted:

Working on new episodes, but with no relation to that whatsoever, I'm uploading a Longplay version of an old game that was one of the first I Let's-Played, Phantasmagoria: a Puzzle of Flesh. Here's an introductory video where I also take a quick look at the FMV game genre.
Why is the audio quality on the actual longplay vids so bad?

• Locked thread