Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I played the demo of this game way back when, then snagged a copy of the CD from a friend. Alas, it never booted up on the old parents computer because it was one of those games.

I got it for five bucks off of GoG a couple months back and it's been one of my best purchases ever. :colbert:

Dmar posted:

Wow. I wasn't sure what to expect, but this game seems pretty neat. Wish I had played it in my childhood. The character models are sometimes kinda repulsive? Gives it some real charm :haw:

They're both repulsive and surprisingly expressive considering the time period and engine used. This game is crazily hacked together from the Quake 2 Engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Seconding doing so. They're legitimately well written and fit Grumpos to a T.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

davidspackage posted:

I've never played the demo, so I have no idea what was used for it. Democratus?

The demo's split into two parts: a run around talky section in Whitendon and a dungeon run through the latter half of the Mysterium Levant. It shows off a bunch of stuff we've already seen in the LP (Boots using his Camera and worldskill) and how combat and bosses generally go.

I played it quite a bit :shobon:

Edit: haha Dr. Einbert Alstein, I forgot that was in here.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 17, 2017

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

anilEhilated posted:

Those guards are great.

On Sunder, planet of Science even the PAX guards are more cerebral.

Some more than others but they're generally more chatty than beaty.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Probably because Rho isn't the mad Scientist, she's the sane one.
Grumpos is the Mad Scientist.

Also yes, one of the best skits in the game, the lost in space segment.

Edit: Update on last page.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Even then, thanks to the character models the Mass Death is kind of funny in a black comedy kind of way.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

And Bane is great, because as Roe said, it heals people :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Behold! An episode!

Exit Strategy posted:

Anachronox remains my favorite non-Japanese JRPG. With Anachronox, I can rest assured that anything confusing or weird that happens is a result of either my inattention or deliberate choice, instead of maybe also being because a concept didn't translate well.

Or because of how they had to hack together the engine in order to get it to do what they wanted it to. Then again that's a bit of the former.

• Locked thread