Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The series is basically officially translated to the current chapter (Current as in when it actually comes out, not your naughty naughty leaks) in Weekly Shonen Jump, but the collected volumes are a bit behind, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the two arcs after stain are great, yes

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I don't know what kind of shows you're comparing this one to, but the pace is going real fast if you look at any other typical Shonen Jump series adaptation. We've got the festival explanation, Deku's talk with All Might, class 1-B introduction, a training montage, the opening ceremony and the first segment of the race all in one episode with nothing stretched and no filler.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Ineffiable posted:

I've been reading the manga as it comes out on kindle. I'm guessing the American release hasn't caught up to these two best arcs?

For reference, as if today the official release is only up to volume 7 which finishes off the stain arc. Am I expected to get an awesome new arc or two next?
Yes, basically. There's a very short arc with some character development, then straight into two-connected arcs where the poo poo truly hits the fan and absolutely does not stop.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm finally getting around to watching and I forgot how good everyone's voices are.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also yeah, this pacing is fine. It could stand to be a bit faster, but it's hardly glacial.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Petiso posted:

I don't know what kind of shows you're comparing this one to, but the pace is going real fast if you look at any other typical Shonen Jump series adaptation. We've got the festival explanation, Deku's talk with All Might, class 1-B introduction, a training montage, the opening ceremony and the first segment of the race all in one episode with nothing stretched and no filler.

It's relative. The manga compared to other shonen has a rather blistering pace. The anime just feels slower by comparison to the original material, though not by much.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The pacing is definitely a lot better than the first season's. It feels kinda slow compared to the blistering pace of the manga but there's maybe like, 20, 30 seconds tops that they could've cut out of episode 2 without making the whole thing feel rushed. A couple shots were slowed down a bit much, there were a few reaction shots that weren't really necessary, but they aren't hurting much either.

And I actually really like some of the bits they've added, they're putting in some real content to round out the episodes without it getting padded. My friend and I laughed out loud in the middle of the montage when we got to the scene with the quiet rock kid lounging around in a pile of birds. These extra moments with the class have just been fantastic.

Of course, we're only two episodes in and half of episode one was interlaced with recapping, so there's always a chance we'll slow way the gently caress down on an episode or two later. But for now, it feels really good, I'm very happy with this adaptation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I think it's mostly that the anime is balancing the manga's uniquely quick pace with not wanting to run out of content too fast.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I hope they add a bunch of anime only Mei content since she's 1. The best non Class A character and 2. Apparently all over the promo material and OP

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"which one's Mei?" he says to himself.

quote:

Mei has quite a fit physique with a fairly rounded chest. She is around the same height as Izuku. She has somewhat messy and curvy pink shoulder-length hair, somewhat resembling dreadlocks or bananas

Thanks MHA wiki.

Anyway, i was just going to say that Ochako is the best. But, then i realised that pretty much all of the little core group around Deku are the best.
But, especially Ochako.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 10, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
MHA is one of those series where every character is the best character, so picking a favorite is like trying to pick the best best.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

MHA is one of those series where every character is the best character, so picking a favorite is like trying to pick the best best.

Which is All Might, obviously.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I really did not expect dude to have purple hair. It's more surprising than Ochako not being blonde.

Of course now [purple hair dude spoiler] I hope they do a good David Tennant impersonation for his dub voice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm still disappointed that Midnight's outfit is colored white, which ruins the illusion, but I also understand that it's running in a family-oriented timeslot.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm still disappointed that Midnight's outfit is colored white, which ruins the illusion, but I also understand that it's running in a family-oriented timeslot.
Mt. Lady kind of gets away with it, but yeah, no way Midnight could.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mt. Lady is also kind of the loving best.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I love how she's too cheap to buy some loving snacks.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
She already has to pay for a shitton of collateral! :v:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lol if you think she doesn't try that same thing over collateral.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I would just like to point out how amazing a name "Mt. Lady" is.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Waffleman_ posted:

Lol if you think she doesn't try that same thing over collateral.

Sure, she tries.

But doesn't work nearly as well! :v:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I feel like this latest episode is an excellent rebuttal against people who think anime-original content is bad

Because all the clips of the other classmates and even the side-heroes were all real good

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Darke GBF posted:

I would just like to point out how amazing a name "Mt. Lady" is.
Easily the best name in the series.

although Best Jeanist is a close second.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I can't actually remember if the kids have come up with their hero names yet in the anime but if not rest assured that a few of them really steal the title of "best name" with ease.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Countblanc posted:

I can't actually remember if the kids have come up with their hero names yet in the anime but if not rest assured that a few of them really steal the title of "best name" with ease.
I think this happens after the Sports Festival, before their semi-internships.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

This is the anime thread yall

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Was there something Pervy the way Mineta was clinging to Yaoyorozu's back? I can see it as being somewhat cowardly so maybe that's one angle of being "the worst" but I don't get the embarrassed blushing.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
It's more that the whole class knows that Mineta's a horndog and he somehow managed to cling to Yaoyorozu's back and ride her to victory

Which I can't blame her for, that's just an embarrassing situation to be in

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
You can see bits and pieces of more of the class 1-B kids which is cool. The dude with the head made of comic dialog bubbles is in there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I kinda pictured the thorn-haired girl as having brown hair, not that green.

E: Mei voice is good voice!!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 15, 2017

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Raenir Salazar posted:

Was there something Pervy the way Mineta was clinging to Yaoyorozu's back? I can see it as being somewhat cowardly so maybe that's one angle of being "the worst" but I don't get the embarrassed blushing.

In the manga he was clinging to her butt.

I haven't seen the episode yet but I'm assuming they changed that because Mineta being less gross is a good thing.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
He's pretty bad in the OVA. He pervs on Ochako, Tsuyu, and Momo complete with extended rear end shots of all 3.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wait the OVA is out?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wait the OVA is out?
The one that came with the latest volume where it's the kids at USJ again is out. I dunno if it's subbed yet.

"Training of the Dead" is not out yet AFAIK.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mineta is inherently pervy and no one would want him sticking to any part of their body.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

gnome7 posted:

In the manga he was clinging to her butt.

I haven't seen the episode yet but I'm assuming they changed that because Mineta being less gross is a good thing.

Frame by frame, that's exactly what happens in the show too.

Also can I just say that was a loving awesome episode? That was a loving awesome episode. By far my favorite of the show so far.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Yaoyorozu entered Yuuei on special recommendation. She's expected to excel. Instead she came 17th because she had to drag a creeper limpet the whole back half of the course.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Maybe in another series, she'd be the protagonist, but not here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Peel posted:

Yaoyorozu entered Yuuei on special recommendation. She's expected to excel. Instead she came 17th because she had to drag a creeper limpet the whole back half of the course.
This is actually a point in her character development believe it or not, and you may see it.

• Locked thread