Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Nah, the post summed it up.

Summed up what exactly? All you said was "Show is bad."

Endorph posted:

there's some mild pacing problems and i dont think anyone would deny that - some unnecessary recaps, a couple of scenes per episode where they explain things for too long while nothing happens - but the important scenes have a lot of kinetic energy to them and there are some great bits of character animation that add a lot to making the cast feel like they're really bouncing off each other, so overall i'd say it's a pretty good anime.

I know. I have a few quibbles about small things here or there, but the show does so much so well that it's hard not to love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Basically the adaptation is fine by me but I think for people coming in fresh there's too much exposition and the episodes tend to end just when things are getting good- and more in a frustrating way rather than a good cliffhanger sort of way.

Like I know there's gonna be a lot of anime only watchers who are gonna hate the fight with Shinsou. Regardless how it sets anything up it's a slap fight with what a lot of people are going to call an asspull.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 30, 2017

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

This season is at least better paced then the first one. It's switched from having godawful flashbacks every ten seconds to having big recaps at the start and I think that's a little better.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I actually really like the slowish pace because they've been giving a fuckload of time and personality to the extremely fun and good side characters.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I love the added scenes with Mt. Lady

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Dekumom is best girl.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Aurora posted:

I love the added scenes with Mt. Lady

They've done a great job working in the omakes to help reduce the need to rely on filler.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Oh man, what a brutal cliffhanger. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I am so hype for next week. (And that first scene was everything I was hoping it would be. :allears:)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Authentic American Cheerleaders.

And people say our country doesn't have its own culture.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Another important gif:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Poor Ojiro :(

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Another important gif:

Someone needs to make this into an avatar.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
tfw you momo

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Isn't that too wide?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It isnt, they can be that big now

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 6, 2017

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:woop: Gettin' our game face on! :woop:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
People keep saying "the pacing is bad, the anime needs to go faster and stop focusing on these tiny details from the manga"

gently caress that, I want more details, I volunteer to see anime-original filler about Class B and Mount Lady

The characters in My Hero Academia have me hooked, basically

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I look forward to seeing reviewers and casual watcher whine that the episode "had nothing going on" in it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lemme tell you, this upcoming tournament is one of the best tournaments I've seen in a shonen manga because it ain't just fights for fights' sake. We only focus on a couple, and they're all big character moments.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Lemme tell you, this upcoming tournament is one of the best tournaments I've seen in a shonen manga because it ain't just fights for fights' sake. We only focus on a couple, and they're all big character moments.
I'd almost forgotten how good some of the stuff coming up was

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Waffleman_ posted:

Guarantee we're gonna start hearing "asspull!" after the next episode.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Guarantee we're gonna start hearing "asspull!" after the next episode.
It's a shonen, it's a tournament arc

If there aren't asspulls it'd be disappointing

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Best Girl.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Actually, with this being season 2 and all, I may be overdue for an update of my avatar. I've had Evil Iida for my last two avs now, though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just found someone that really dislikes this series. Who hated the first season and how the second season is going thinks Izuku is a bad character.

To defend his point he brought up the Irregular at Magic High school saying it did the same thing season 1 did in 6 episodes and that he thoroughly enjoyed that series and it's protagonist.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 7, 2017

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

I just found someone that really dislikes this series. Who hated the first season and how the second season is going thinks Izuku is a bad character.

To defend his point he brought up the Irregular at Magic High school saying it did the same thing season 1 did in 6 episodes and that he thoroughly enjoyed that series and it's protagonist.

:sever:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

JT Jag posted:

gently caress that, I want more details, I volunteer to see anime-original filler about Class B and Mount Lady

Nobody is complaining about this, people are complaining about how enough time each episode has been devoted to a copy-pasted setting intro and needless recaps that, this far into s2, we would be almost a full episodes worth of content further into the story if they'd not been stalling for 2-4 minutes of runtime every episode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Nobody is complaining about this, people are complaining about how enough time each episode has been devoted to a copy-pasted setting intro and needless recaps that, this far into s2, we would be almost a full episodes worth of content further into the story if they'd not been stalling for 2-4 minutes of runtime every episode.

i mean, that amount of stalling is just a reality of how anime is produced. jojo's had twice as much stalling like that, and re:zero stood out because of how dedicated the staff were to *not* stalling. short 13 ep shows dont have to do stuff like that, but these days anything over that length is probably gonna have that to a certain extent, even moreso if it's an action-heavy series.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

i mean, that amount of stalling is just a reality of how anime is produced. jojo's had twice as much stalling like that, and re:zero stood out because of how dedicated the staff were to *not* stalling. short 13 ep shows dont have to do stuff like that, but these days anything over that length is probably gonna have that to a certain extent, even moreso if it's an action-heavy series.

Yeah I'm not gonna lie, this has nothing on the abysmal decisions the Stardust Crusaders anime had. And it's gotten much better than it used to be in the first season, where it was adept at placing a flashback halfway through every single cool scene.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Destroy him with skillful judo throws.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Waffleman_ posted:

Actually, with this being season 2 and all, I may be overdue for an update of my avatar. I've had Evil Iida for my last two avs now, though.

This is awesome and I'd do it if i didn't like my coffee robot so much.

Also

MonsterEnvy posted:

Irregular at Magic High school
That's a terrible show,

E: for real content purposes: i really like the ED. It makes me smile each time.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 7, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah the first season only really worked for me on a binge watch but this is fun watching week to week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't know the guy. I just found his bad taste baffling.

• Locked thread