Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Aurora posted:

sangatsu, flip flappers, haikyuu s3, yuri on ice, re:zero

along with previously mentioned mob psycho
Re:zero sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
He's not the Loud, plucky, outgoing, kinda dumb standard shounen protagonist.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Nice. 2 cour confirmed.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Mineta gets a couple good moments in the first two seasons but keeps being gross and cancels them out.

I wish Hori would've dialed the perversity back a couple notches and made Mineta the put-upon straightman. Iida doesn't really fulfill that role since he's just as down for the crazier stuff as anyone else.

Mineta being a hormonal teen is fine- everyone being generically asexual outside of the main character and whatever token romance they got going on is kinda boring.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

EmmyOk posted:

It's made worse because Kaminari is exactly the tone he should have shot for with Mineta
This pretty much. I kinda roll my eyes at the tumblr/twitter crowd who endlessly loving whine about him and Momo's costume and other stuff but he really just has to be a poo poo almost every time he's on screen and it's somehow just tiring/weak instead of whatever it's supposed to be. There's a lot of token pervert characters that people seem to complain less about with objectively worse behavior (See: Meliodas, Master Roshi, etc) but the way Mineta acts is so offputting in comparison and he somehow comes off more skeevy than a dude who literally physically molests the object of his affections and a guy who literally shrunk himself down to watch a girl pee.

As it is, we're stuck with the character as is until Horikoshi decides to have him do literally anything of interest. Like, do the Japanese readers even like him?

Anyway, on actual anime discussion as much as I like John Swasey I wish Funi had the cash and time to recast All For One to Ron Perlman.

• Locked thread