Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I hope the pacing is a bit less bad this time

MHA deserves the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I can't tell if the pacing is better this season or if it's just covering a more action packed stint of the comic

Either way, I like it! And more characters=more dense stuff in group shots that can be cool

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
that carnage-had-a-baby-with-deadpool boy aint got no nose

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder who will represent the Bronze Age. Also, what's the age after that called?

...Bakugo is literally exploding Wolverine

Come to think of it, when I imagine him and Deku eventually getting lets say, above 80% of the way to reconciling, it looks a lot like Spider-Man and Wolverine's "nerdy younger brother and psycho older brother who only visits in between jail stints but has a heart of gold and wishes he could be not a psycho like his little brother" dynamic

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 23, 2017

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think the "wrong" way to read American comics is to actually follow them from month the month. That poo poo works in manga, but between creative team changes, stupid event pushes, stupid character promotion... yeahhh just wait until a story or a run that becomes particularly well regarded is complete before checking it out.

This doesn't really apply to indie books (well, the kind that are handled by consistent teams) but I'll be honest, something about most American indie books puts me off. It's a lot of little thing. The kind of artists I like seem to prefer doing lucrative pay-for-play art with Marvel/DC instead of gambling on creator-owned stuff. A lot of indie series nowadays read like they're trying to pull a Mark Millar and stealth-launch a movie deal (or I guess, Robert Kirkman and stealth launch a TV franchise?). And a lot of stuff tries to define itself as "anti-Marvel/DC" in ways that rub me the wrong way, whether it's subject matter or tone (tits and blood, in other words).

but nobody can gently caress with hellboy that poo poo is magic

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The translation for MHA's subs are... not my fave. They're not wretched but... eh.

Like, compared to the translation for Attack on Titan, the other big Funi show, it's really stilted, there's not enough personality, and there's a slightly weaker degree of clarity

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I wonder how tough Stain has to be to punk all these professional heroes when he has what we can assume "normal, but high" athleticism

Like, how does he compare to other people with powers that don't give them physical enhancements? Daredevil and Deapdool and Batman and such

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I don't know what the difference is (other than the obvious things like color, and timing, and music, and voice acting...) but Stain's reaction to seeing Endeavor in the anime VS in the manga really drives home the enmity he feels a lot better

I don't know, maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention, but it wasn't until I saw the anime version that I was like "Ohhh, Endeavor probably burnt this dude's face off and is ALSO probably at the top of this guy's poo poo list in terms of bad heroism." As opposed to when I first read the comic, when it just felt like his bloodlust was hitting a general peak.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I like bakugo because he keeps the classroom scenes from turning into superpowered K-On

conflict is entertaining

if you want moe heroes who all love each other and have fun working towards a brighter future might i recommend cheer fruits?

incidentally my favorite x-man is wolverine and my favorite turtle is raphael

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

gmq posted:

Well, now I want that. Thanks a lot, jerk.

It's not exactly the same thing but seriously https://www.hidive.com/tv/action-heroine-cheer-fruits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
That little flash when Shigaraki talks about All Might failing to save someone is new, right? There's a gap in my knowledge of the manga (I've read up to where the official releases have published, then nothing, then my less-than-legally-sourced knowledge begins with the introduction of blonde Billy Batson). Is it a flash to one of the scenes that happens in between?

• Locked thread