Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Yaoyorozu entered Yuuei on special recommendation. She's expected to excel. Instead she came 17th because she had to drag a creeper limpet the whole back half of the course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

EGSunBro posted:

I didn't like the sports festival very much reading MHA, but watching it has made me really come around on it. This is such a cool show to watch in motion, even things like races and cavalry battles become so intense and awesome.

I agree with Josuke Higashikata and have basically the opposite view to this, funnily enough. The fundamental problem of the first season has carried over into this one: it's mostly not very good to watch in motion, because the intensity and energy is deflated by an excess of talking and waiting. It's a pretty faithful adaption, but what works on page doesn't work on screen. The energy is the preserve of particular 'wow' moments they can get away with rather than scenes as a whole.

This is common for shounen adaption and is probably a neccessity of the circumstances, but it is what it is.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

I'm pretty sure he blames his father for his mother's behaviour. Endeavor has been a much more constant and domineering presence in his life as well.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Trying to determine the Correct Moral Stance toward a made-up person rather than focusing on understanding the motivations and psychology the author is describing seems like a pointless task.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Anime version cuts her bottom set of teeth out. hosed up imo.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

The really good Bakugou material is in what's likely to be anime season 3 at current pace. That's also when he won the popularity poll.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Maybe his neck is normal size, but he has a really long skull.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Why is Jiro rated so highly!

She's extremely good.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

The better question is how did Tooru pass

Snuck into the office and edited her score in the spreadsheet when the clerk went for coffee.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Momo has a positive outlook toward the real world of work, Kendo should stop having an attitude because things don't work how they do in her children's cartoons.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

The anime made Todoroki's fire seem like an incredibly powerful trump card, the manga doesn't sell his or his father's all that well.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

The point is that it counters the negative effects of his ice quirk and vice-versa, right?

yeah, but I mean in terms of effects

this is fine, but it isn't 'one of the great animators of the generation goes all-out to sell a MOAB' good

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

that looks like an extremely painful way to fish

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Endeavour is a cool hero, not like that dorky All Might.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

manga spoilers: I think us manga readers could be a bit more circumspect ITT, besides nighteye we already have a reference to AFO on this page

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Ingenium is a regular workaday pro hero and thoroughly decent guy, rather than an inhuman paragon of selflessness and courage. Not good enough, gotta go.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Hire a scrawny guy and give him a rubber suit so All Might looks appropriately unreal.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

If we're talking a realistic version I want to take a moment to reflect on how horrific Ashido's quirk is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

I guess she could also use weak acid like pepper spray, especially if she's immune to her own powers Bakugou-style.

e:

Shinjobi posted:

She could be a battle chemist and that sounds loving sick

She falls into obscurity when Momo finishes memorising the chapter on acids in her high school chemistry textbook.

• Locked thread