Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://i.gyazo.com/c176f2be365c3b2a01fc998e1ffde766.mp4

The best part, finally animated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

They've done One Piece and DBS recently too. Everything they post is probably confusing to the average person.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://i.gyazo.com/0aa2b48b051c82d8849d78ac45d048ea.mp4

I'm okay with the pacing as long as we get Iida's powerful arms forever

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

This is the anime thread yall

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah, he's much more finely shaded and detailed.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I love the added scenes with Mt. Lady

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Darke GBF posted:

His parents are both horrible, horrible people and he shouldn't be using either of their quirks. If he wanted to really stick it to 'em he'd go quirkless.

:thinking:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Todoroki's mom is definitely not a horrible person

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ninjewtsu posted:

i don't think being a hurt human being who needs help and being a horrible person are mutually exclusive. in fact, i think the two might go together often.

What even are you saying by this, it looks really awful to say that "being a victim and being a horrible person go hand in hand"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

She definitely seems hourglassed in that shot of the anime

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

4. No trace left

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

God drat, what a finale to that fight. Really good animation.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

We're still getting Prime Bakugou Development in the manga, his arc is nowhere near finished

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The shows are right there in the tags my dude.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The powerful quirk known as photoshop

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Martytoof posted:

I know nothing about the manga's pacing or anything like that so to me this just seems really really drawn out and I'm ready for them to move on, but yeah I guess this is one way of doing character development. Obviously everyone in this thread seems to be very okay with it so I'm in the minority here :haw:

The episode before last is like one of the best in the series Marty, I'm ashamed of you

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The 22nd and 23rd World Tournament are both better.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Crashing a sports festival with a million Actual Pro Heroes, yeah that's definitely a smart idea

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Another post-credits this episode if you don't stick around usually for whatever reason.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

A good episode. I'm excited to see what internship Todoroki picked. The best part of the episode was definitely Bakugo picking a name. I wonder what it'll end up being? gently caress this week break! All I watch is DBS, AoT and this. Now I'm down to two shows. :(

Just think of what your life will be like when both this and AoT end in 14 weeks

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Jeb! Repetition posted:

What are the numbers based on?

:thunk:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

There's a reason his entire outfit is denim, which is shown with how he handles Bakugou in the episode

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh no crunchyroll why are you translating it as full cowling

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I believe Full Cowling is the term used in the official Viz Translation, isn't it?

I somewhat expected this to be the case but Cowl sounds better anyway

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm gonna assume it's still "full cowlu"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The one thing so far I think the anime is hands down better for is the Todoroki/Deku fight

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

That's a pretty weird line to draw

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

This episode was way faster than the manga

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The scene with Endeavor fighting the two Nomus in front of all the other heroes is added for the anime, he only really gets that scene where Torino steals his thunder versus the other Nomu in the manga. An okay addition??

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Interesting deviation though I kinda like the shock panels of revealing their exam when they get into the exams

e: Oh nevermind, the entire intro is the same as the manga. Just might miss a few small jokes from pages.

Aurora fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 2, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yaoyorozu's costume is epic

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the kill la kill ova is good

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

why are we hellbent on talking about what's forthcoming in the anime thread

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

it's ok if mineta is a girl because it's funny and empowering when a girl thirsts for hot boys

Don't post my alternate universe blog

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Every person's actual name has something related to their quirk in it though

like tetsutetsu tetsutetsu for example is 4 different kanji for iron/hard

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

Wrong. Only the first and last kanji in Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu's name mean Iron (the last being an archaic kanji for it), the other two have different meanings but were chosen due to having the same pronunciation.

I mistook "hard" for "pierce" whatever, point is that everyone's real name has some great poo poo if you look at what they mean

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hiddenriverninja posted:

can uraraka make things float in a direction that isn't up?

They're 0 gravity not negative gravity so yes

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

gah

this was not the thread I clicked

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

If Ochako removes gravity from things why don't they just float away at an immense speed due to the speed of the planet orbiting the sun!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

And she's a famous and beloved hero.

Truly a wonderful age where even the dregs of society can find a hero.

:thunk:

• Locked thread