Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Loving the early cameo of Gran Torino. Basically guarantees we're going to be getting to see what we've been hoping for from this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Move over, Denny's

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

An excuse to watch the All-Might/Nomu fight again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The contrast between how elegant the character re-introductions was and how inelegant the recap was is... a little jarring.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Okay, let's be real, what "average person" follows the official Arby's Twitter? They are very deliberately following the exact same business strategy as the Denny's Tumblr, and it's beautiful.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

She stands out more in the manga, since the panel composition does a pretty good job of focusing on her like it would any other character.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yeah, this is pretty glacial.
Yeah, but it's a pretty glacial.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

IMO, the thing at the end of the race, you know the one needs to be the highlight of an episode, so Ep 3 feels right for that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MHA is one of those series where every character is the best character, so picking a favorite is like trying to pick the best best.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm still disappointed that Midnight's outfit is colored white, which ruins the illusion, but I also understand that it's running in a family-oriented timeslot.
Mt. Lady kind of gets away with it, but yeah, no way Midnight could.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This episode was everything I was hoping it would be.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

No mention of Victor Fries?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I bought the Bluray set. There's not much to the extras sadly but hey I wanted to support the series. Also I kinda wanna see what they fixed up.
Did they fix All-Might's yaoi hands?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The only way MHA could be better is if the art style was more obviously influenced by Western comics. A specific use of palette and shading, essentially.

But then it might turn off new viewers/readers. Ah well.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Sonny Strait is sick so this week's dubbed episode will have an understudy for Present Mic, which is maybe a problem inherent in this way of doing it.
On the bright side, if he nails it, that's probably gonna be this guy's foot in the door for his VAing career.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Mha is not like kenichi, imo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My contribution to the shortlist:

One Punch Man, Mob Psycho 100, and Tiger and Bunny are all really good. Also gonna agree and say One Piece... with the caveat that it is not a series you are likely to catch up on any time soon, even skipping all the filler. Just accept that if you start watching OP, you will be catching up on OP for the rest of your anime-watching days.

None of them have exactly the same tone as MHA, but all of them are definitely more on the idealistic end of the idealism/cynicism scale.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I am so hype for next week. (And that first scene was everything I was hoping it would be. :allears:)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Another important gif:

Someone needs to make this into an avatar.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Isn't that too wide?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

Can I just mention that the music in this show is amazing? I might have done that already, can't remember, doesn't matter.

Seriously, I feel like it's the music that makes the show's best moments.
I Say Run in particular is breathtakingly good, I don't have anything from S2 that particularly stands out as much just yet, but I do keep getting Peace Sign stuck in my head.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The visuals are less spectacular than S1's, but the song itself kind of gets its hooks in deeper?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fabricated posted:

It's weird seeing self-admitted "casual" anime podcasts/reviewers watch this episode and actually be like, "Wtf was the fan service for? I don't need to see that. This ep should've been 90% backstory! I wanna know more about the characters!" I'm used to hearing the exact opposite.
:3: MHA brings out the best in people.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Like, it's absolutely not wrong. The scanlation I think did a better job of making Deku's reaction seem more authentic. Rather than "I had nothing to say", they used "What do you even say to something like that?" which is a way, way better line which gives more context to him admitting his motivation isn't as deep.
I'm curious how people's feelings about this scene will develop based on the results of the rest of the arc.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

He is the product of rape, so she things are complicated.
It's not said explicitly, anywhere, but it is very heavily implied that his mother did not choose to marry Endeavor.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

More minor Icyhot spoilers: Todoroki has elder siblings who only got one of the two powers and Endeavor basically started ignoring them as soon as he realized.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Considering that she's on recommendations, which means she's being directly compared to Todoroki, I think it's fair for Momo to feel a little outclassed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tollymain posted:

yeah horikoshi's got the odd distinction of drawing figures that look like actual fit humans with room inside them for muscles and organs and such
Rooms? Inside a person? But then where will she keep all her booby? :confused:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

JT Jag posted:

If I remember correctly, the next match is some of the hypest poo poo in the series
You do. Get hype. :toot:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Peel posted:

Anime version cuts her bottom set of teeth out. hosed up imo.
Honestly makes the smile look more cheerful.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Countblanc posted:

You all called my bluff the best character is actually Ojiro, the perpetual Background Guy
Ojiro is the main character in another, more down-to-earth manga playing on the sidelines.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ochako earned the ultimate respect that Bakugo can give someone: He remembers her name.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Bakugou kind of suffers the most as a character from horikoshis lack of writing experience in the early part of MHA, as early in the series he goes well past being some kind of Gary Oak - esque Cocky Rival into acting like some kind of nascent school shooter, and it takes a while for horikoshi to really find the balance.
I still appreciate that even now that he's finding a balance, he hasn't totally backed off on Bakugo being the guy yelling at people to die. Now that we can see more of the actual person behind all that bluster, it's almost endearing in a 'lovable rear end in a top hat' way.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Next episode even more hype.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That was even better than I was hoping it would be

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The egg didn't explode, though! (The egg is Todoroki.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Midoriya is great, and I'm glad that there's so much emphasis on his successes stemming from his hard work and tactics. Even though this show is hitting a lot of the same beats as other similar shows, the execution feels really refreshing.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

There's that, but there's also a lot about how he always feels like his success is due to the support of others or even just luck rather than his actual ability. There's a spotlight on his feeling of inferiority that I appreciate a lot.

Deku's impostor syndrome is a really interesting way to make him feel human, and it's handled very well. Honestly, every major character has some core part of their personality that holds up what would otherwise be a Generic Shonen Character. Bakugo's big-fish-small-pond moment and his reactions to it, Todoroki's 'limiter' being a very understandable psychological reaction to his upbringing, how important Iida's family legacy is to him, the list goes on.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I'm still not really on board with Bakugo. People seem to say he gets better as things go on and develop more and I trust that but for now he still just primarily feels like an irritable poo poo, albeit one that at least seems to respect whoever he's fighting. His cutaway scenes where he trash talks everyone are funny but he's not really a compelling character to me yet.
Understandable. The end of this arc does a lot for him, but even that pales in comparison to a huge moment for him in (at current anime:manga pace) what will be happening in Season 3. I don't want to say much more for risk of getting into Big Spoilers territory, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I love this show so much

• Locked thread