Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

EmmyOk posted:

Still absolute horseshit that Sero failed when Mineta would have been sleeped otherwise.
:agreed: :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Remember that their homeroom teacher is Aizawa, who has a very low opinion of "save one person then get punked" as a tactic.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, when the only person who directly praises heroic martyrdom is a severely wounded formerly-Indestructible superhero, it kind of calls his motivations and perspective into question.

It'd be like Superman praising the idea of jumping in front of bullets.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hell, Aizawa specifically calls Deku out on that type of behavior on his first day.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

He's a little overeager to do it, especially since he's trying to emulate All-Might while not even vaguely approaching his level of power yet. It'll be a good thing once he's The Greatest Hero, but until then, it's more than a bit of a liability.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poltergrift posted:

Written in English. It's Horikoshi's handwriting.
'Full Cowl' is the official English translation, then. :smugbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jackard posted:

What does either one even mean? Both are gibberish
Cowl is a cloak, cowling is the metal around an airplane engine.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, the specific name is kind of Engrish, but the concept behind it is pretty clear.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

We're getting closer and closer to April. Anybody think there'll be a simulcast at first again?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thread title is this boring and people still get it wrong. This is why we can't have nice things.

I think I heard about a movie, yeah. Not sure what to expect from the quality, on a scale of One Piece Movie to DBZ Movie Sequel.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My Hero Academia: Anime Summer Camp

(Spoilers for the start of the next arc, probably the first episode or two.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Anime Anime Anime: Anime anime anime manga

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SpacePig posted:

My Hero Animenia: The Animated Series
My Hero Academia: Teen Titans But Anime

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Wait, I'm wrong, anyways. It's not Teen Titans, it's X Men.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Would Midoriya like Bebop or Champloo more?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My Boku No Little Anime Academia

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

bogoodski posted:

If the state of the world today hadn't ground me down to a woeful base state of cynicism, I'd run with these thread titles. But given that I have zero clue what any of them mean, I just assume that they're embarrassing 😂
My Boku Neon Genesis Hero Cowboy Academia Ball Super: The Second Raid

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Actually been watching MHA with my girlfriend over the past couple months. Thought she was just sticking with it because I liked it but she's actually enjoying it too. Commented at the end of the first season that she wished Todoroki got more screentime, so it was fun to be able to tell her that he's a major character in season 2.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Here's my hot take: Anime is bad, except when it's good.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Fabricated posted:

a series based on a manga that is clearly drawns by a mangaka who thinks little kids are hot and is indulging his fetishes as much as he feels he can possibly get away with.
anime.txt

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, that's not so much subtext as just straight-up text. :stare:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There's a lot of awful getting new seasons this coming April, too.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mineta is a great litmus test. If somebody likes him, they're probably not the best person.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Radish posted:

Ironically the author apparently sees him as the most identifiable.
I mean, this is the manga with a teenage girl who's only invisible when she's naked, and another who can only use her power through the gratuitous amounts of bare skin she shows. MHA is very good, but Mineta doesn't exactly exist in a vacuum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Clothes not being invisible on an invisible person is not something MHA invented.
They're not normally teenage girls in a series where creepy sex jokes are present.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Eej posted:

Hell do they have to use special imaging techniques in people like her for surgery? That seems like a pain in the rear end and people with invisibility quirks would basically have to live in urban areas with well equipped health services.
That leads into a whole series of questions. Does she appear in infrared scans? What does she look like under ultraviolet light? Can she get x-rays? If Aizawa can't erase her quirk, does that it's just a part of her, rather than an ability she has? Or that he can't erase it because he can't see her?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What about sonar?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think what they meant by 'isekai' protagonist is that Deku is stuck having to make due with being a clever turbonerd in a world full of people with magical superpowers.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don’t really see that at all tbh. Beyond really general stuff like Deku’s a high school student with superpowers or Gohan gets stronger when he’s mad.
Deku as Peter Parker would fit better if he had good banter. Still, great power, great responsibility, etc. etc. etc.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Deku's still gotta learn about how to use his powers responsibly, it's just a different kind of responsibly. For example, not shattering himself into pieces every time he tries to save someone.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Minor arguably-canon Vigilantes manga spoiler: All Might's got such a problem with spending every possible moment hero-ing that he does the 'make an excuse to leave and go be a superhero' thing multiple times in a single business meeting.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Seeing what's coming next for the first time, in motion, is going to be an incredible experience and I'm almost envious.

Almost.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Funny that Chris Sabat is getting to jump back on MHA right after the sub of DB Super ends.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You should have seen me in the manga thread last year. I was so salty that such a cool powerup/moment had been spoiled by a garbage OVA.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Looks like Crunchyroll just released the results of their popularity poll from last year. Some interesting results, including best girl Tsuyu getting top 5, and Mineta getting a whole 0.1% of the votes. Good opinions mostly.

Edit: Christ, Deku's lead, though. Almost double what second place got, and a full 25% of all the votes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Which is weird, since it was hosted on an anime site.

Proud of Tetsutetsu for getting some votes, even if it's just a few. :3:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

For me, what started redeeming Bakugo was his big-fish-small-pond moment at the end of the first day of Hero training. I've talked about it before, I think, and it marks the point when he starts to become more understandable. But yeah, future stuff (that should probably be happening this coming season) did a lot, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Who the gently caress would think that Darkedge Shadowdarkness wouldn't like Bleach?

• Locked thread