Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i want to learn more about the guy from class B who looks like a skeleton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I was watching the race episode with dinner and the anime had a nice addition, they showed Dark Shadow going tiny and sad when Deku set off the huge explosion to leap the mine field. I went and checked the manga volumes and it's not there it's just a nice added detail.

bird boy best boy

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

sometimes i wonder how people learned they had what quirk they have. like that one guy that can apparently curve bullets-- did he just grow up not thinking he had a quirk until he was a teenager and went to the firing range for fun and had his mind blown and world turned upside down? are they giving guns to kindergarteners?

does stains quirk work on himself? did he just get a nasty paper cut one day and went to suck his finger and found himself paralyzed on the ground?

also with the explanation of what stains quirk really is i appreciate how loving jacked that dude must be to be able to land blows on heroes more or less as a regular human dude until he can pull off his bullshit.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

so i'll be honest i don't really have a firm grasp on what the heck all for one is capable of, the subs for this show can get pretty... stiff?? at times.

anyone wanna give me a quick breakdown so i have a better understanding? thanks. :)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ok cool, it was just a lot to take in and try to parse the "rules" of All for One on the fly. it helps a lot too to understand more what One for All actually is which i realized when talking with a friend. i was of the understanding that One for All was a collection of quirks that kept growing, like for example first OFA gets passed to someone with flight, then when it get passes to a guy with super strength that guy also has flight, then when it gets passed down to a guy with xray vision he can now fly and be super strong. my friend corrected me that One for All is more a power in its own right, something that just started out super weak and the more it gets passed down the more it evolves and gains power.

my original thinking of the power made things confusing because it was hard to tell what the differences between One for All and All for One actually were since they sounded pretty similar. now I better understand OFA is one power biding its time and getting stronger and AFO is just literal 1-for-1 quirk redistribution

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Wish I woulda been told earlier that there was no episode this week.

oh, this explains why i can't find it anywhere

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

kirishima deserves a better friend

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

whenever tokoyami's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "where's tokoyami?"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

bird boy

best boy

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Fabricated posted:

I don't really care. Like at all honestly.

Especially given the series' contemporaries in the magazine.

E: I just rewatched the episode real quick and I didn't really see anything to the degree of what people are talking about. Ya'll got brain worms. I guess everyone's dropping the series next season when one of the few actual fanservice moments shows up.

it's not necessarily going to put most people off the series entirely but it's just a thing that is lame and we can all collectively hope that someday we can move beyond weak-effort "fan service" shots

hth

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man you guys are making a way bigger deal about this then you need to.

it's almost like this has been a lame issue for a long time and when it shows up in an otherwise extremely good thing it kinda blows, not necessarily because it retroactively makes the whole thing bad but because it makes it slightly harder to recommend to others and it's a thing we should all be better about as a whole to begin with

it's ok to wish a show you like treated its female characters with slightly more respect

EDIT: like, there are good moments to be had where momo deals with a kind of blow to her self-worth when her internship was largely given because of her looks. there's some characterization to be had there as it comes to a front in the most recent episode where you can see she struggles with it. then the camera's just like "woah look at these tits" while she runs which is a real tonal shift from the scene when they could have drawn like literally anything else.

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Sep 11, 2017

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The Colonel posted:

tbh outside of boobshots i think mha treats its female cast better than a lot of things i can think of

yea for sure, honestly just dump mineta and stop being a weirdo with the camera once every handful of episodes and that's genuinely my biggest complaint gone

at that point all i've really got against it is "the pacing in season 1 is bad"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i can't wait for the part where tokoyami inherits the power of one for all, further cementing himself as the best character

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They should have just made Mineta a girl cause all the girls in this show are boring af except for Uraraka and the male cast is just Fujoshi bait.

:thunk:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i need more tokoyami and dark shadow content pronto

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Moltrey posted:

Mt. Lady is the exact kind of hero Stain would hate which proves that Stain's a stupid idiot

stain did nothing wrong

pounds fists on desk chanting MORE BIRD

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

RubricMarine posted:

ok

(first three by tinyangryghost on twitter, last one by prinzcake on tumblr)

thank you friend

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

what do you think would happen if she tried to zero gravity the earth

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

could he control people like tokoyami or the ua principal??

edit: FROPPY????

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

what

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Attestant posted:

lmao at this episode trying to pretend that Deku is a half of the problem, instead of it being 100% Bakugo being a poo poo.

i mean the reason deku got paired to fight all might (aside from it being cool) is because he has a godly fear of all might. that was like the whole point of his training with gran torino.

that said he was only like 10% of the problem there

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i don't like bakugo but i like endeavor

i mean i don't like endeavor but i like endeavor

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

stain did nothing wrong

edit: i think i made this exact post earlier in the thread but i really want to make sure everyone knows where my allegiances lie

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Sep 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

they must have forgot the 0 at the end of tokoyami's vote count??

• Locked thread