Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
All teenage boys smell bad.

Source: I was once a teenage boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mr. Fowl posted:

Given that Manga Fukidashi exists, who knows? (He's a background character. Literally background, in that as far as I know, he's never spoken. If you look carefully, you can spot him in this arc.)

I want to believe that his quirk is hammerspace.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
That was absolutely amazing.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Mama Midorya died of a heart attack, RIP

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm a non-manga reader and I was kind of dreading the sports festival arc when it became clear in the first episode of this season that that's what (a big portion of) the season would be about, but it's been paced it really well. I have no complaints.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mordaedil posted:

Oh anime-only people, please put down who you think will win and why, because I love reading your speculations.

If I was judging it fighter vs fighter, quirk vs quirk, I'd choose Todoroki. I just think his quirk is more powerful than Bakugo's, and he's got better situational awareness, and he's better at formulating strategy, etc.

But dramatically, I feel like Bakugo's gotta win. Todoroki just had a big spotlight episode and it's Explosion Boy's time to shine, baby.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 13, 2017

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah, barring some kind of quirk or weapon that could immediately incapacitate everyone in the stadium, the Sports Festival's gotta be the safest place in the world from a villain attack.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
What are the chances that no pro heroes want Bakugo as an intern because his anger just makes him a liability

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
"Alien Queen" would have been a great name. :(

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

PMush Perfect posted:

Hell, Deku caught more hell for being quirkless than anyone else seems to have, and they're supposedly 1/5 of the population.

All Might said that quirklessness was more common when he was younger than it is now, which could mean that there were more people alive who were born before quirks appeared, but I guess you could also interpret that to mean that quirklessness is getting rarer with each generation, so while 20% of the population might be quirkless, it's more common among older people than kids.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Radish posted:

Is this art anywhere without all the text?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mr. Fowl posted:

I have to imagine that making those silver age covers was the most fun part of the job because they often had nothing to do with the contents of the book, so you could go wild. Just draw whatever gets people's attention like monkeys, robots, and so on, and then ratchet up the crazy to ten.

A lot of the time, they would make an attention-grabbing cover first and then write the story around that.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Cheston posted:

So, how did Deku know to text Todoroki? Or was that a group message he sent out? (I liked the bit on the train where Deku skimmed through his texts to Iida, since those kinds of asides usually ground the setting/characters in a nice way, but until Todoroki showed up I kind of assumed he wasn't staying in touch with any of the other students.)

Out of curiosity, what's the pacing of the manga like at this point? It def. feels like the anime is going fast (not that I mind).

I could be wrong, but it looked to me like he was using an app like Uber for heroes.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Waffleman_ posted:

Also next week is (mostly) a Tsuyu episode.

They know their audience.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Peel posted:

I guess she could also use weak acid like pepper spray, especially if she's immune to her own powers Bakugou-style.

e:

She falls into obscurity when Momo finishes memorising the chapter on acids in her high school chemistry textbook.

Can she regulate the strength of her own acid, though?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah I recently caught up with the dub and it's really good. If it wasn't two weeks behind the sub, I'd probably watch the dub exclusively.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Kinda unfair for Kirishima and Sato that everyone else gets time to prepare and strategize while their test began right away.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
How did Koda pass the entrance exam?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Wait, what was the way the principal left open for them?

Presumably it's the far left.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

PMush Perfect posted:

Also, Mina has super acid. If she'd done anything except just using it reactively, they would have done a lot better. I dunno what the hell Kaminari could've done, though.

Yeah, their best bet probably would have been using Mina's acid to open up new routes through buildings, and moving through them faster than Nezu could bring the buildings down on top of them.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
What did Midorya's shirt say?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Moltrey posted:

i'm pretty sure it actually just says T-Shirt, just going by the T シヤ (tshya)

lol that fuckin hipster

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah, this dub is fantastic. If you're going in blind, I'd say you're not missing anything by skipping the sub and going straight for the dub. If the dub wasn't a few weeks behind the sub, I'd be watching it exclusively.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I can appreciate Mineta's role in the show and find him hilarious but anyone who would wear a t-shirt of him must be insufferable.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ularg posted:

His quirk has always been strategy. His dad is megamind.

What's the dub time when it's not being simuldub? I'm still new to this phenomena.

The second half of season 2 had the dubs come out two weeks after the Japanese premieres, after the first half of the season was simuldubbed.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Fabricated posted:

As it is, we're stuck with the character as is until Horikoshi decides to have him do literally anything of interest. Like, do the Japanese readers even like him?

He's way way low on the Japanese character polls. Ranked 18 on the first one and unranked on the second and third.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Bakugo surprisingly low on that poll.

• Locked thread