Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I don't know what kind of shows you're comparing this one to, but the pace is going real fast if you look at any other typical Shonen Jump series adaptation. We've got the festival explanation, Deku's talk with All Might, class 1-B introduction, a training montage, the opening ceremony and the first segment of the race all in one episode with nothing stretched and no filler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

She sounds a little old for the character but the enthusiasm is spot on.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I'm rather disappointed at the Bakugou VS Uraraka fight, Bakugou's explosions weren't loud enough nor looked like they were actually hurting Ochako, making the audience's reaction very unconvincing.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Cool Stuff:

I love that they mimicked the awful coloring job from old western comics.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

That was an amazing episode.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

PSA: This week's episode has a couple scenes after the credits that aren't the preview.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I, for one, would have loved to have experienced the series first-hand with the anime, but I had already caught up with the manga before the 1st season was announced.

Uh, I don't know if it's just me but it looks like they pasted the MHA characters' heads on characters from a different series, specially Deku.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Great episode, it's really satisfying seeing Deku's movements in animated form. It's weird how this series is allowed to show more blood and violence than Dragon Ball Super.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

:bisonyes:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

What about Kakashi? Did he not do well? It is indeed a rarity regardless though.

Iruka getting a consistent high rank in Naruto's popularity polls is super weird, he's not even hot.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I don't get it, what's so good about her?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The 3DS game is one of those licenced games that gets developed too soon when the characters still haven't shown much (it covers the first season) so their movesets are mostly generic punches and kicks with some unimpressive special attacks. There's this One Piece fighting game that features Brook that was released when his only scene was still his introduction, so he doesn't even use his sword because it wasn't revealed his cane was hiding one, also that thing when he runs over the water thanks to how light his body is? It's a special move.

PD: Episode rocks.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Moltrey posted:

You could probably argue that's it retcon-y, but I really like the reveal that Todoroki was the one who voted for Momo. He's not completely aloof, just not good at People. Momo's respect for him is cute too.

What do you mean retcon-y? Momo's second vote was never addressed, right?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's not a flaw, lets not forget this show is intended for Teens to begin with. And it seems the main complaint is that Momo is young when she is supposed to be around the same age as the intended audience. It's just the show happens to be very good and hit above it's age group.

That's my take as well. It doesn't sit well with me that a show aimed at teenagers should make changes specifically because there are creepy adults out there.

That said, I agree that, thematically, inserting fanservice shots of Momo in a part of the story about regaining her self-worth after her internship couldn't be more awfully timed.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Kild posted:

His avatar for comments is also a hand with a face in it.

Which is wearing/riding another hand.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Radish posted:

Momo is constrained by the fact she uses her own body fuel to create the objects (like poop)

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

If it's the SAO Abridged guys I trust them, but I can't see the Abridged treatment working very well in a series that doesn't take itself very seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Eh, while I can see the appeal to edgelords with anger issues having pretty much no fanservice scenes and zero romantic tension with the underage female companions puts it way far from the worst isekai story in my opinion.

• Locked thread