Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I do think they should move a bit faster with the race, but it's still good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

gnome7 posted:

In the manga he was clinging to her butt.

I haven't seen the episode yet but I'm assuming they changed that because Mineta being less gross is a good thing.

Frame by frame, that's exactly what happens in the show too.

Also can I just say that was a loving awesome episode? That was a loving awesome episode. By far my favorite of the show so far.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I'm gonna recommend the Hunter X Hunter anime since it's really great and the storytelling style reminds me of MHA if it was a little darker. Very deep and well portrayed characters too.

Seconding. It's the best traditional shounen show. I've heard YuYu Hakushou described in the same vein, but I've not seen it.

Also seconding One Piece if you are ok with a show that moves as fast as seismic plates.

Also seconding OPM and MP100 for fun satire/parody of superhero tropes. Samurai Flamenco also fits in this category but... well just watch up until episode 5 or so if you feel like.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Well I feel dumb. Guess I missed what he was looking for.

What about Fairy Tail? It's pretty light

It's also not very good.

Endorph posted:

fate/zero

This is like the far end of the spectrum in terms of tone.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

wokow6 posted:

I am completely floored by how this anime keeps making already awesome stuff from the manga even better.

This episode is an example of one of my favorite things about MHA, and that is Horikoshi's ability and willingness to do team fights that utilize everyone involved in creative ways.

Part of this is also making characters like Bakugo not permanently braindead balls of anger. Characters learn, adapt, and grow, and it's very visible how they're doing so when we see them in battle. Kaminari for example has definitely been building up his stamina to keep going longer before he conks out, and it took just a couple second shot to display that effort. Bakugo for his part seems to be able to control and utilize his rage to find better ways of approaching a situation.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This season is having basically every problem the first season did. It's not very good.

Do enlighten us.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Nah, the post summed it up.

Summed up what exactly? All you said was "Show is bad."

Endorph posted:

there's some mild pacing problems and i dont think anyone would deny that - some unnecessary recaps, a couple of scenes per episode where they explain things for too long while nothing happens - but the important scenes have a lot of kinetic energy to them and there are some great bits of character animation that add a lot to making the cast feel like they're really bouncing off each other, so overall i'd say it's a pretty good anime.

I know. I have a few quibbles about small things here or there, but the show does so much so well that it's hard not to love.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Can I just mention that the music in this show is amazing? I might have done that already, can't remember, doesn't matter.

Seriously, I feel like it's the music that makes the show's best moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

The visuals are less spectacular than S1's, but the song itself kind of gets its hooks in deeper?

Thematically it works a lot better.

Nitrousoxide posted:

I really like the op for season 2.

More than the op, I like that short interlude that they put before it. The music for that bit is absolutely spectacular and really sets the mood for me.

• Locked thread