Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I just started watching this show on the recommendation of a friend. I’m only three episodes in, but I like that Deku is your typical shonen/isekai protagonist but his body literally can’t handle the power All Might gave him. And that’s with 10 months of training!

Anyway I’ll check back in here when I finish season 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Isn’t this kind of an inversion of your typical isekai? Like Deku just wants to be a hero but he was born into an Earthlike world and what makes him “special” is actually an active detriment to his goals

I mean I guess he cries a lot but that’s kind of endearing way

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I finished season 1 last night. I thought it was really good! It was kind of a lowkey plot, the stakes weren’t ever that high in the last battle but I can see how they’re going to skyrocket in season 2. Please tell me Deku figures out how to control his power more and more

Tsu owns, as does Mineta

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Well I mean the way he used his Quirk to get out of the shipwreck was cool, but like the other stuff is pretty gross

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

One for All, Full Cowl is so cool

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I finished season 2 today (it's a snow day, so there was nothing to do besides watch this) and I have one observation:

this show loving owns, season 3 now!! I especially like how everybody in 1-A gets some screen time, it gives the show a more balanced feel so the focus isn't on Deku the whole time. but I can't believe All Might didn't even hold back on him and Bakugo, he nearly ruined Deku's spine for no reason

Gran Torino is cool as poo poo too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’m todoroki in that Venn diagram

Also wtf is good with Endeavor, gently caress that guy. He’s exactly like every crazy sports parent that’s ever lived. If y’all follow the NBA, he’s essentially LaVar Ball. For an older example, Todd Marinovich’s dad.

gently caress Endeavor

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 9, 2018

• Locked thread