Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ihatepants posted:

I recently introduced this show to my wife, who has never watched any Anime before, and she really enjoys it, so it has sparked an interest in anime in general. We binged through Shokugeki no Soma after we finished all the episodes of this anime and are currently in the middle of FMA: Brotherhood.

I'm mainly posting because upon his first appearance, she gave Tomura Shigaraki the nickname "Eczema" because he is always scratching himself, and I found that to be a funny name for a supervillain, so I can't stop calling him that anymore either.
I immediately dubbed one of the class 1-B students "Admin" the moment I saw his dumb skull face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

symbolic posted:

I'm acquaintances with someone who considers him the best out of anyone in 1-A and I just :psyduck: every time I think about it.
If they enjoy how he gets owned on the regular that seems wholesome, I could see liking the character on those grounds.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mraagvpeine posted:

Deku is a very calculating sort of person, which is a trait a lot of Isekai protagonists have.
Deku is a massive loving nerd, it's just that he's a nerd about heroes and All-Might as opposed to idols or Star Trek or whatever. All-Might is also a pretty lousy mentor; he should have given Deku the Quirk like, at least a little while before the test.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Kung Food posted:

All Might makes way more sense when you realize he is on the spectrum. When it comes to being a hero he is pretty much a god, but he really struggles to interact with Deku, his fellow heroes, or pretty much anybody. This is where his over the top hero persona comes from, it saves him from having any real interpersonal connections. This is where Deku can surpasses him, he can actually interact and coordinate with his peers in a not embarrassing way.
My read is that All-Might, probably motivated by the sacrifice of the previous user, has basically been busting his entire adult life open in order to be the Symbol of Peace, and as such he is actually pretty stunted in a lot of ways, even if he's obviously trying his hardest.

He's been doing this stuff for at least Deku's entire life, and while he's obviously fading NOW he seems to have been in solid shape and to have shown no real signs of aging. How old is he anyway? Endeavor seems to be in his mid-40s.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Expect My Mom posted:

I think so! I like him a lot

Like yeah he hasn't done anything and Stain kinda stole his spotlight, but after his face reveal I saw multiple people saying "Shigaraki is hot dont @ me" etc, so I assumed more than ONE person had him as their fav.
My guess would've been that while the both of them have cool designs, they're basically different grades of hobo, and thus not visually appealing.

• Locked thread