Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
man im so excited to see Kirishima vs Tetsutetsu animated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
poor Ojiro, he's just trying to help

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I can't actually remember if the kids have come up with their hero names yet in the anime but if not rest assured that a few of them really steal the title of "best name" with ease.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
yeah the whole thing gets funny/weird when you consider that people don't develop their quirks until they're a few years old for the most part, or at least old enough to have been named already. either all the parents in the MHA universe are clairvoyant, people get new punny names after developing their quirks (preferably as dictated by law), or someone somewhere has a really lovely quirk that just radiates baby names to expectant parents that hints at their kid's future quirk and just no one has picked up on it yet.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
oh yeah, that's true!

e: is deku's name a pun on fire breathing or telekinesis?

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 19, 2017

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Good call, he should read 800 chapters of One Piece instead.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
tfw you momo

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Bakugou is the best character in My Hero Academia, so he deserves to win.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
You all called my bluff the best character is actually Ojiro, the perpetual Background Guy

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
e: you know what this post was mean, i will not bring negativity into this beautiful show

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 28, 2017

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The Colonel posted:

too late. you destroyed this beautiful thread with your hosed up energy. you monster

i wonder what Posting-based quirks exist in the MHA universe

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Bakugou is basically a Vegeta character - you have to like a character who is just a mean prick to enjoy him. At no point are we told "oh Vegeta was abused as a child so we totally sympathize with him," we just accept that he's a jerk and because it's television we enjoy how big of a jerk he is. Bakugou has plenty of development but if you're fundamentally against a character who is a blatant, angry rear end in a top hat to the protagonist you'll never like him.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Everybody Loves Bakugou

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
e: wrong thread

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
yeah it's weird that the guy couldn't remove a single character from his tweet to actually say what he meant instead of something completely different

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
indie comics aren't impenetrable, they're just western manga in that they're written by 1 person (or a small group). they only seem that way because you don't know anything about them and you've presumably been reading manga for a while based on the fact that you post in an anime subforum. if you want to learn about indie comics just go to the comic subforum, there's tons of threads on the subject. and i bet dollars to dimes a quick search for something like "what are good graphic novels" or "what indie comics should i start with" would get you a bunch of easy answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kaubocks posted:

bird boy

best boy

This but honourable tail man Ojiro, who gave up his shot at glory because he felt it unearned.

• Locked thread