Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

*moves to a beautiful small island that some how got a massive ugly suburban development on it*
*enshrines the fact that the island is for HOME OWNERS and not filthy renters or tourists through the island's zoning*
*complains non-stop that the island just doesn't have enough infrastructure or services to live there full time with a family but fights tooth and nail every possible property tax increase*
*complains non-stop that the ferry to the island is too expensive and the government needs to subsidize it even more than they already do*
*complains non-stop that local shops on the island are closing down due to lack of local customers and tourists and how it feels like a ghost town and how every other "cabin" seems to be for sale*
*votes no on every attempt to relax zoning to allow people to rent their cabins out on airbnb so that the island can attract more tourists since the few official places to stay are really expensive and half the houses on the island are for sale because people can't afford to let them sit empty for 10 months a year*
*continues to complain about the lack of shops and services on the island, but at least they saved it from renter scum that would destroy everything*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

New things are bad

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

*is either 40 lbs skinnier or 40 lbs fatter than the average person*

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Moistens with mayonnaise

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Baronjutter posted:

*moves to a beautiful small island that some how got a massive ugly suburban development on it*
*enshrines the fact that the island is for HOME OWNERS and not filthy renters or tourists through the island's zoning*
*complains non-stop that the island just doesn't have enough infrastructure or services to live there full time with a family but fights tooth and nail every possible property tax increase*
*complains non-stop that the ferry to the island is too expensive and the government needs to subsidize it even more than they already do*
*complains non-stop that local shops on the island are closing down due to lack of local customers and tourists and how it feels like a ghost town and how every other "cabin" seems to be for sale*
*votes no on every attempt to relax zoning to allow people to rent their cabins out on airbnb so that the island can attract more tourists since the few official places to stay are really expensive and half the houses on the island are for sale because people can't afford to let them sit empty for 10 months a year*
*continues to complain about the lack of shops and services on the island, but at least they saved it from renter scum that would destroy everything*

*conspires with mayor and town council to keep the beaches open despite a recent shark attack so as not to scare away tourists*

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Not sure why all our young folks want to move away

*town has double digit unemployment, only high paying industry crashed due to market factors beyond government control*
*only jobs pay minimum wage and are kept aflot by government workers all of who are from out of town.*

fukken lazy millenials

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Amarcarts posted:

*conspires with mayor and town council to keep the beaches open despite a recent shark attack so as not to scare away tourists*

Some children were karateing the picket fences

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

so, uh, did the gulf islands kill a family member of yours or...?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tyson Tomko posted:

Got this in the mail the other day.

I dedicate this to the goon talking smack about it earlier. Edible at worst, great when stoned/drunk at best. Would za again. Not the cheapest by any means either, but a few steps above Little Caesars (which is 30 minutes away vs 30 seconds away)

Is that lettuce? gently caress Casey and his little store

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Arrhythmia posted:

so, uh, did the gulf islands kill a family member of yours or...?

I go to pender sometimes and get to hear all the whining from the rich people who can afford to leave their houses empty vs the desperation of the actual locals. The rich people are 100% fine with everything that supports the full time residents dying off so long as the proles are kept out.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

the good fax machine posted:

Is that lettuce? gently caress Casey and his little store

Yes. That's the one bad thing about that pizza, impossible to reheat afterward or eat anything but freshly because lettuce wilts in no time.

Also here in small town usa the Cardinals Cubs game is getting way way more heated arguments going than the entire presidential election. (Which I'm mostly cool with)

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Anytown, USA was the best Red Alert 2 map.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

theres a will theres moe posted:

Anytown, USA was the best Red Alert 2 map.

"ONE WAY TRIP!"

"LEAST I HAVE JOB!"

BV
Oct 23, 2005

NO ITS FUNNY. FUCK YOU. TIA
I would love a thread like this for big city America

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

BV posted:

"So you're not going to believe this Brayley...I was in a small town and their restaurants actually have parking spaces in lots not on the street! and for free!!"

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

BV posted:

That would be DnD

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
My town has duck races on ice the last Saturday of January. It's a huge drunk fest and thousands of people come to it. 37th annual. Its the main fundraiser for the volunteer fire department for the year.

All the locals leave and go to the bar in the next town over for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Tyson Tomko posted:

restaurants actually have parking spaces in lots not on the street! and for free!!"

*notices that all parking in the first two rows is taken, pulls out handicap parking pass from glove compartment, walks briskly to ensure they get a good spot in line for the buffet*

Oh and here is someone I work with

*wears knee brace, won't take the steps up one flight, uses elevator, has expensive ergonomic desk*
*complains to HR who give her a secondary, standing desk*

"Doctors says my knees are like glass! I barely have any cartilage left!"

*dives Ford F350 to work, has to step up 14 inches up in order to enter vehicle*
*Parks in the handicap space closest to the front entrance*
*Meanwhile, two other employees in wheelchairs park in normal spots and never ask for accommodations*

• Locked thread