Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
*Loses job at family business when Walmart comes to town*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
*entire town works at Abrams tank plant for generations*
*families pray it stays open at least until the kids graduate*
*kids graduate, get a job either: -building them or -riding inside*

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 25, 2017

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

OctaviusBeaver posted:

*Loses job at family business when Walmart comes to town*

:(

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Winter season: *town grows to about 4500 wrinkled snowbirds living out of fifth wheel trailers for the season*

Spring season: *ancient snowbirds pack up and leave reverting the town back to its original population of 150*

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

*the town hardware store is also a small grocery, lunch counter, single pump gas station, and mechanic in the shed around the back*

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
"Hippies use side door"

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
*sends kids on 2 hour bus ride to the only non-religious school in the county*

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Y'all gonna go see the barn raising?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
*Goes to secret dance parties because the town council banned dancing*

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
*Climbs inside silo to dislodge stuck corn*

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I swear to God I'll beat Tray's rear end if I see him at Jesse's this weekend. He's been talking poo poo ever since Clay and him got wasted and got in a fight in the parking lot of the Alibi. Did you see that poo poo? Clay hit him so loving hard man, it was loving crazy. Deanna has a video of it on her phone.

Do we need anything from Wal-Mart before I get home from work? Those Lay's that Brandon likes are 2-for-1. But I think we might still have one. Yeah would you check for me? No, Save-A-Lot doesn't have the same deal, it's just Wal-Mart. No...no...yes, it's just Wal-Mart. No, it's just Wal...I was just there yesterday, I saw it. Well we can get it at Casey's but It'll be more expensive. I need gas though if we're going to the races tonight anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Did you see the picture's of Dee and Larry's kid? Yeah he's pretty cute. Doesn't really look too much like Larry though, ya know? Who was that guy she used to date, Tommy Herkens? Herkel? Yeah, the kind of, uh, swarthy guy. Yeah. The kids hair is pretty curly already and...I don't know. Just something I noticed.

This is the most accurate post

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Toadvine posted:

*Climbs inside silo to dislodge stuck corn*

gently caress a few years back NPR had a thing on "walkin down the corn" and it was so drat depressing, like they had interview with some kid who's best friend died doing it and the kid being interviewed almost died when he jumped in to try and save his best friend and like he talked about how after they finally got his dead friend out of the silo after a day or so his body looked like a golf ball cause of allthe little indentations smashed intohis body from being packed under literal tons of corn it was hella sad

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
*Pa falls into lagoon of antibiotic-laden pig poo poo*
*son panics, dives in after him*

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hey did you hear about that poo poo that went down with Larry last week? He found out his wife was fooling around with Chucky Pickerton while he was at the grinding wheel expo back July so he blowed that sumbitch up yesterday morning. Yeah, drew up the prints here at work, sent them out to the tool shop with a PO... yeah, yeah that rear end in a top hat got both of his bombs built on the company's time and our materials. Anyways, he put it under Charlie's car and left a radio to set it off on the side of the road in front of Chuck's momma's house to make sure she'd see it... Soon as they found the part numbers stamped on what was left sheriff went out there and handcuffed everybody in the drat toolroom for five hours til they could figure out what was goin on... I know it, drat government cost us almost 70k in downtime. And they found the other bomb on top of the hardware store where Staci worked before it went up... yeah I know your boy's been working there part time abd thank the lord he's okay but yknow it just don't seem right that slut getting to go home without a care in the world after she got our best engineer in jail and the only chainsaw repairman around here that was worth a drat dead.

*This is a true story

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
*amish shaving another amish's beard off as some religious crime repentance or something makes the local t.v. news*

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Bill said they're gonna rent out the VFW for Patty and his 25th anniversary, you wanna go? They got $2 longnecks. Could be fun.

Lavelle did pretty well against ours boys last week, 21-14. That Henderson boy s'got a good arm on him. Reminds me of Allen Rochester from when we were in high school. Remember him? What's he up to now? Last I heard he moved down to Oklahoma and was working at a machine processing plant.

It's not a race thing, I don't even notice they're black. I think one of them is hispanic, even. it's just that they're always walking around in groups, and they're always out after dark. Who knows what they're doing. I just always see them around. Seems like there's more of'em than there used to be.

I swear to God I'll beat Tray's rear end if I see him at Jesse's this weekend. He's been talking poo poo ever since Clay and him got wasted and got in a fight in the parking lot of the Alibi. Did you see that poo poo? Clay hit him so loving hard man, it was loving crazy. Deanna has a video of it on her phone.

Do we need anything from Wal-Mart before I get home from work? Those Lay's that Brandon likes are 2-for-1. But I think we might still have one. Yeah would you check for me? No, Save-A-Lot doesn't have the same deal, it's just Wal-Mart. No...no...yes, it's just Wal-Mart. No, it's just Wal...I was just there yesterday, I saw it. Well we can get it at Casey's but It'll be more expensive. I need gas though if we're going to the races tonight anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Did you see the picture's of Dee and Larry's kid? Yeah he's pretty cute. Doesn't really look too much like Larry though, ya know? Who was that guy she used to date, Tommy Herkens? Herkel? Yeah, the kind of, uh, swarthy guy. Yeah. The kids hair is pretty curly already and...I don't know. Just something I noticed.

I don't think he's trying to take away or guns or anything like that, I just think he's gonna regulate the industry so much that we can hardly afford ammo. I mean look at the price of ammo, I can't ever remember it being so high. What goods a gun without ammo, you know. It'd be the smart way to do it, if he were going to. I'd just rather be safe than sorry.

Oh he's a good kid, I always liked him. Gay as the day is long though, HAH HAH. He's an alright kid though, got a good heart. Just real gay. Him and Cory been buddies since they were young, he's always just been a little fruity. Good kid though. Just gay s'all.

Is there something we can do about it though, I mean legally? Seems like there's been more of them as of late, I see them sleeping on porches and pushing their carts down Main Street almost every day. Course I have sympathy for 'em, but is there some place we can put them? I spent my whole life in this town and when I was young we didn't have folks living on the streets, asking for money. Course things were different back then. Just hate to see the way this world's going, don't want Johnsonville to end up that way. Folks round here have it hard enough without having to worry about someone robbing them or being bothered to hand out money every time they wanna go down to the medicine shop.

You goin' out to Mikey's bonfire tonight? It was pretty sweet last time, his cousin's out of jail and bought a bunch of rum. I think they're going to make jungle juice this time too. Last time Pam got wasted and spilt Natty Light all over her shirt and spent like two hours in just her bra, it was loving awesome. Yeah as long as those faggots from Fort Marshall High don't show up again. We'll beat their rear end if they do.

You just don't know what it was like here when I was growin' up. Everyone had a job, there was work if you wanted it. That old part of town past 3rd street, that's all empty warehouses now? That used to be factories. You should have seen it. And you didn't have people airing all their problems for everyone to see all the time, marching around protesting over every little thing. I just think people had more dignity or...I don't know, maybe I'm just getting old. I'm not sayin' I agree with everything he says, but if he can bring jobs back here maybe we ought to give him a chance.

I'm Tyler by the way. Haha yeah, that's my pickup right over there. Just got the lift kit put it, cost a fuckin' fortune but it's worth it. Me? Oh, haha, no I don't go to Valley High. Well I did, I graduated in 09. I work out at B&B Trailer Hitches on Maple Ave now. Hey does Mr. Larson still teach there? Oh, he must have retired. He was fuckin cool though, yeah. So how do you know Alex? I guess I don't really know him, but his older brother Tate was a few years below me in school and I used to come out here and party like, every weekend, haha. Yeah I have some good fuckin' stories about this place. By the way, what grade did you say you were in?

So, it's in the weekly ad isn't it? Then what's it matter if I don't have the coupons with me? if it's in the ad then you should just scan it at that price. Do you know how long I've been shopping here? I've come to this store twice a week for thirty years. I knew Rick Marshall, he was the manager of this place when it opened. His father and my father played baseball together at the JuCo, I know him. Let me talk to your manager. Where's Kevin, is Kevin here? He'll give me the discount if I talk to him, he's such a sweetheart. This is why people go to Wal-Mart you know, it's cheaper and they don't fret this kind of stuff. This place used to be all about customer service, that's why you're losing customers now. You know what? Nevermind, just put it back. Just put it back on the shelf. I don't want it.

It's just like, it's separate from the whole race thing. I get that black people have some problems, and if they want to protest that's fine, but that's not the way you do it. If he's an American he should stand for the national anthem. It's got nothin' to do with race or ethnicity or whatever, it's about being American. He makes 25 million dollars a year, and yet he wants to talk poo poo about America? It's just disrespectful. Like, yeah, I'm sure it was so hard growing up in a nice house and being a football superstar. I'm not saying blacks can't speak out, I feel them on the whole Freddie Gray thing, but there's a time and a place.

Let's cut after lunch on Friday, Jamie's parents are gone so we can go his place and do it. I don't know where they are. His dad's never home anyway and his mom is always hosed up on pills or something, she doesn't care. But we need to all go to different stores to get enough, or it'll look weird and they'll call the cops on us. Derrick will get some duster from Wal-Mart, and the rest of us can go to the Dollar Stores. We'll need like two pack each, make sure to get the one's with DXM in it or they won't do anything. Just fake like you have a bad cough so it doesn't seem weird. Yeah, Taylor did it last week and said it was loving awesome, like being in another dimension. He threw up for like an hour after, but my cousin said you just need to take some Vitamin C before and that won't happen.

I spent 20 years in a town of 2000 people. All of Yorkshire Pudding's posts are 100% accurate.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Has sex with spouse's sibling when spouse is out of town.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
"Well, your uncle and I were kind of drunk, and we were driving around in my first '57 Chevy. The cream and red one. What do you mean, 'What kind of Chevy?' Corvettes are all I've owned from them.

Anyway we driving and drinking - which, by the way, you ever do that and I won't bail you out - and this was, I think 74? I was on night shift by then, anyway. So it was about 6 AM. We're out where 350 West meets 200 North and there are those train tracks, you know? Right even with the road.

So I stopped and backed and filled until I was on the track, your uncle egging me on, and then I just took off. Probably going g 40, 45. We made it a couple hundred feet, then the front wheels went off one way, the back wheels went off another way. Car was stuck. So we grabbed the beer and walked backed to (Uncle's) place. Finished the beer, I passed out.

I got up the next day, went to work, and when I can out the side entrance, there was my car! Sitting in the tow lot where the Credit Union is now. I had a spare key in my wallet, so I jumped in, turned it on, and got the hell out of there.

Later I found out a train came along those tracks, and managed to stop without hitting the car. The conductor then went up to the houses in front of the track, you know how those tracks are in the backyards of that row of houses? He went up and was like 'is this your car?'

It wasn't any of theirs, of course, so the train waited while the tow company came and got the car. They towed it to that lot, lucky for me."

"When I was about 15, I was in Brad Trout's convertible with George Cooper & a guy we called Red, cause of his hair. Don't rightly know his real name. He worked at the foundry with me for years. So did George. Brad died in Vietnam, remember, you got me an etching of his name from the wall when you went there on a field trip?

Anyway it was the four of us, sunny day, top down, and Brad was showing off. Suddenly the rode turnt from asphalt to gravel, and I see Brand yanking on the wheel from my seat behind him. Then we were in the air, then we were upside down, then I was in a ditch and the car was rolling off away from the road. Crazy poo poo.

Brad was finex he'd bailed out before I fell out. We found Red tucked in under the backseat, had to lift the car a bit so he could crawl out.

George? We found George just wandering around, in the woods on the otherside of the field.

Someone called the police, and an ambulance showed up. The other three were in back, I was up front with the ambulance guys. I must have been in shock because I kept reaching out and poking the button that made the siren go off, and the driver kept telling me to knock it off. I didn't, I pushed that button all the way to the hospital."

"When we were growing up, some of the older boys would stick blankets and tarps in the drainage ditch at the bottom of that real steep hill that meets another hill, that little valley. It would fill with water, cars would come through, hit the water, and their engines would die. We would then helpfully offer to push them out for a small fee. We were all dirt poor, every one of us lived in one of a few a tiny cabins, gotta remember that. We had to earn money somehow.

Anyway, one time this old boy with a 1940 (make, model, can't remember) truck came down, and hit the water. We appeared, offered help, and then realized the back of his truck was full of chickens. In cages. One of them was pecking Alex's hand the whole time. We get near the top, he just reaches out and wrings its neck.

The old man jumped out and commenced to hollering about his chicken, so we let go of the car and moved off to the side. The car was I neutral, so it started rolling backwards. It picked up a fair amount of speed before it hit that water." -chuckles- We'd only push him out if he agreed to pay us the original price and not make a fuss over the chicken."

"One time your uncle came home, told Mom he was going to a basketball game. She told him he wasn't allowed. He started arguing, and she just up and broke a big plate over his head!"

"I was quality control, my last 11 years at Chrysler. That meant we sat in the break room playing cards, and once an hour we'd go watch parts go by."

(I suggest such things contributed to the issues with the Americam big auto parts plants may have been somewhat causes by stuff like that)

"Hey, we had a UNION. Blah blah American made cars are still the best blah"

"There was a one-legged guy down at the foundry, we called him poo poo on a Stick."

Those are all.my dad. Who says "warsh" now just to aggravate me, but used to say it uniorically.

"That loving bitch, I'll kick her rear end, messing with my man. I will beat her rear end. There she is! Hey! Hey Amanda! Come here!"

-Amanda books it -

"Come back here! I just want to talk!"

-Amanda and other girl agree to meet after school at a parking lot. 50 people show up. They work out their differences without coming to blows, and people are disappointed-

-random loving person I may not even know comes up to me- "Hey, there's a rumor going around school that you're pregnant/on meth/blew a guy for McDonalds/have had five abortions."

-this continues long past mybhigh school graduation-

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

"Well, your uncle and I were kind of drunk, and we were driving around in my first '57 Chevy. The cream and red one. What do you mean, 'What kind of Chevy?' Corvettes are all I've owned from them.

Anyway we driving and drinking - which, by the way, you ever do that and I won't bail you out - and this was, I think 74? I was on night shift by then, anyway. So it was about 6 AM. We're out where 350 West meets 200 North and there are those train tracks, you know? Right even with the road.

So I stopped and backed and filled until I was on the track, your uncle egging me on, and then I just took off. Probably going g 40, 45. We made it a couple hundred feet, then the front wheels went off one way, the back wheels went off another way. Car was stuck. So we grabbed the beer and walked backed to (Uncle's) place. Finished the beer, I passed out.

I got up the next day, went to work, and when I can out the side entrance, there was my car! Sitting in the tow lot where the Credit Union is now. I had a spare key in my wallet, so I jumped in, turned it on, and got the hell out of there.

Later I found out a train came along those tracks, and managed to stop without hitting the car. The conductor then went up to the houses in front of the track, you know how those tracks are in the backyards of that row of houses? He went up and was like 'is this your car?'

It wasn't any of theirs, of course, so the train waited while the tow company came and got the car. They towed it to that lot, lucky for me."

"When I was about 15, I was in Brad Trout's convertible with George Cooper & a guy we called Red, cause of his hair. Don't rightly know his real name. He worked at the foundry with me for years. So did George. Brad died in Vietnam, remember, you got me an etching of his name from the wall when you went there on a field trip?

Anyway it was the four of us, sunny day, top down, and Brad was showing off. Suddenly the rode turnt from asphalt to gravel, and I see Brand yanking on the wheel from my seat behind him. Then we were in the air, then we were upside down, then I was in a ditch and the car was rolling off away from the road. Crazy poo poo.

Brad was finex he'd bailed out before I fell out. We found Red tucked in under the backseat, had to lift the car a bit so he could crawl out.

George? We found George just wandering around, in the woods on the otherside of the field.

Someone called the police, and an ambulance showed up. The other three were in back, I was up front with the ambulance guys. I must have been in shock because I kept reaching out and poking the button that made the siren go off, and the driver kept telling me to knock it off. I didn't, I pushed that button all the way to the hospital."

"When we were growing up, some of the older boys would stick blankets and tarps in the drainage ditch at the bottom of that real steep hill that meets another hill, that little valley. It would fill with water, cars would come through, hit the water, and their engines would die. We would then helpfully offer to push them out for a small fee. We were all dirt poor, every one of us lived in one of a few a tiny cabins, gotta remember that. We had to earn money somehow.

Anyway, one time this old boy with a 1940 (make, model, can't remember) truck came down, and hit the water. We appeared, offered help, and then realized the back of his truck was full of chickens. In cages. One of them was pecking Alex's hand the whole time. We get near the top, he just reaches out and wrings its neck.

The old man jumped out and commenced to hollering about his chicken, so we let go of the car and moved off to the side. The car was I neutral, so it started rolling backwards. It picked up a fair amount of speed before it hit that water." -chuckles- We'd only push him out if he agreed to pay us the original price and not make a fuss over the chicken."

"One time your uncle came home, told Mom he was going to a basketball game. She told him he wasn't allowed. He started arguing, and she just up and broke a big plate over his head!"

"I was quality control, my last 11 years at Chrysler. That meant we sat in the break room playing cards, and once an hour we'd go watch parts go by."

(I suggest such things contributed to the issues with the Americam big auto parts plants may have been somewhat causes by stuff like that)

"Hey, we had a UNION. Blah blah American made cars are still the best blah"

"There was a one-legged guy down at the foundry, we called him poo poo on a Stick."

Those are all.my dad. Who says "warsh" now just to aggravate me, but used to say it uniorically.

"That loving bitch, I'll kick her rear end, messing with my man. I will beat her rear end. There she is! Hey! Hey Amanda! Come here!"

-Amanda books it -

"Come back here! I just want to talk!"

-Amanda and other girl agree to meet after school at a parking lot. 50 people show up. They work out their differences without coming to blows, and people are disappointed-

-random loving person I may not even know comes up to me- "Hey, there's a rumor going around school that you're pregnant/on meth/blew a guy for McDonalds/have had five abortions."

-this continues long past mybhigh school graduation-

:eyepop:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

http://millington-arbela-historical-society.webs.com/

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Next time on.... Tobacco Road

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
*Lives in suburb 20 minutes outside of city of 750K people*
*buys 75k King Rancher Leather Interior Ford F550 with Satellite Radio, GPS, Smartphone Docking, only drives into city for work at UPS Call Center*
*Prays for 8 minutes alone from fat nagging wife so he can jerk it it stepdaughter porn in peace*
"What Hillary and all you coastal elites will never understand is how rural America values hard work and family, values you city slickers will never understand".

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

Meh nevermind

LSD CURES JUNKIES fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Mar 26, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

*Builds hoard of 10,000+ stolen guns over decades buying them from tweekers

*House is searched persuant to another case by town police who fail to notice they are tripping over literally thousands of guns

*months later is picked up by sheriffs dept on traffic warrant, deputy notices a gun which had been stolen from him

*so many guns are taken into evidence that they had to get the jail work gang to help load them into the 18 wheeler

*becomes national headline

*meanwhile an enormous scandal erupts when the town police chief is forced to resign while being investigated by state-level authorities for reasons unknown which turn out to be telling his officers they didn't see the pile of stolen guns

*brother is pitted against brother in the kind of high intensity battle that only low stakes local politics and academic turf wars can incite

*gun hoarder eventually pleads guilty to 12 felonies, is sentenced to time already served.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

shame on an IGA posted:

Hey did you hear about that poo poo that went down with Larry last week? He found out his wife was fooling around with Chucky Pickerton while he was at the grinding wheel expo back July so he blowed that sumbitch up yesterday morning. Yeah, drew up the prints here at work, sent them out to the tool shop with a PO... yeah, yeah that rear end in a top hat got both of his bombs built on the company's time and our materials. Anyways, he put it under Charlie's car and left a radio to set it off on the side of the road in front of Chuck's momma's house to make sure she'd see it... Soon as they found the part numbers stamped on what was left sheriff went out there and handcuffed everybody in the drat toolroom for five hours til they could figure out what was goin on... I know it, drat government cost us almost 70k in downtime. And they found the other bomb on top of the hardware store where Staci worked before it went up... yeah I know your boy's been working there part time abd thank the lord he's okay but yknow it just don't seem right that slut getting to go home without a care in the world after she got our best engineer in jail and the only chainsaw repairman around here that was worth a drat dead.

*This is a true story

I want to read about this story

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

this is all I can find 1998 was before google news but gl on your search for more it'd make a good dateline or something http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-4th-circuit/1146359.html

Thread content: There is a chain of video rental stores near here that not only exists but is expanding, in 2017

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Oh poo poo ground beef is on sale at IGA thanks for reminding me.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

shame on an IGA posted:

*Builds hoard of 10,000+ stolen guns over decades buying them from tweekers

*House is searched persuant to another case by town police who fail to notice they are tripping over literally thousands of guns

*months later is picked up by sheriffs dept on traffic warrant, deputy notices a gun which had been stolen from him

*so many guns are taken into evidence that they had to get the jail work gang to help load them into the 18 wheeler

*becomes national headline

*meanwhile an enormous scandal erupts when the town police chief is forced to resign while being investigated by state-level authorities for reasons unknown which turn out to be telling his officers they didn't see the pile of stolen guns

*brother is pitted against brother in the kind of high intensity battle that only low stakes local politics and academic turf wars can incite

*gun hoarder eventually pleads guilty to 12 felonies, is sentenced to time already served.

Stop stalking my dead grandpa :mad:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This dude is alive, he just got out last month.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/pageland-south-carolina-thousands-of-guns-seized-from-home-warehouse/

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/man-with-thousands-of-hoarded-guns-wont-go-to-prison/498777745

E: JFC did not see the part where he will recieve all proceeds from the police auctioning off his stash until now

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
"Who wants to go muddin'?"

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
"Who wants to go plinkin'?"

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
"Who wants to drive by the titty bar and shoot the guys standing outside with paintball guns?"

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
*The post office is located inside the bait shop*

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"Who wants to drive by the titty bar and post all the sinners' tag numbers on the church blog?"

e: seriouspost my county seat has a business operated out of a doublewide which is a triple play combo bait shop, tanning salon and computer repair business

also the local gym has an unironic Swole Christ mural

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 26, 2017

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
*watches knife show on the dish* But not for the reasons normal people would

*unironically orders the dale jr 4ever memorial katana set with 3 featured katanas and also the deer skinner* Again, not for the funny 'look at this dumb poo poo I got while drunk at 3 am last saturday' normal reasons.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Billy Big Mouth Bass is still funny

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

gently caress a few years back NPR had a thing on "walkin down the corn" and it was so drat depressing, like they had interview with some kid who's best friend died doing it and the kid being interviewed almost died when he jumped in to try and save his best friend and like he talked about how after they finally got his dead friend out of the silo after a day or so his body looked like a golf ball cause of allthe little indentations smashed intohis body from being packed under literal tons of corn it was hella sad

lol i remember that segment

after it kills midwestern people the corn gets sent to mexico lol

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Remember when packaging shut down a few years ago? They sold out to a bunch a drat yankees that was a offshoot from the can plant they know cans but they didn't know poo poo about bottles and wouldn't listen to anybody thats been doing bottles for thirty years and run it right in the drat ground cost everybody been there 25 years a bunch of jobs

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Behind Dr Hodges old house? that side end of the road was okay it was around the airbag plant and all next to the creek where they tested positive.

*I'm liveposting from the bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

his momma and his two brothers they got a boatload of money from the settlement for that water its not being greedy you don't know what kind of problems they're gonna have from that water. Remember that ashcraft girl that got killed? what was her name devin, the girl that lived in my house that got killed? DeWayne is her stepdaddy

• Locked thread