Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Well my daddy in his defense he retired from the federal prison in 2013 and went to work for bob barker six weeks later he didnt take much time off but yeah he sells them all the tampons and contraceptives. I have three boys and they bring home 100 packs so there's no excuse for me becoming a 38 year old grandmother again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I grew up in the regional hub city, pop 25k. :smug:

It was 250km from the nearest city with a larger population. We even had an airport (that went one place twice a day).

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im the dilapidated building behind it

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Is smart enough to see cycle of oppression.

Kills self.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Methanar posted:

I grew up in the regional hub city, pop 25k. :smug:

It was 250km from the nearest city with a larger population. We even had an airport (that went one place twice a day).

I grew up in a town of 3200 which now has 2500. The nearest interstate was 35 minutes away and there wasn't a walmart or McDonald's for even further.

We did have a Hardee's and an Alco though, and a badass Hucks with incredible chicken livers/gizzards.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I grew up in a town of 100 and I didn't even own a TV

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I now live in a town of 2200, love it, and have arguably the biggest house/yard in town (and several tvs)

I'm all top shelf now because we have an interstate exit and I'm only 17 minutes away from the "city" I work in of 20k which has about 500000 restaurants.

Night Pay
Nov 22, 2016

by Smythe
STOP TOUCHIN YER SISTER

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Perromancer posted:

STOP TOUCHIN YER SISTER

AHLL WHOOP BOTH OF YALLS I DUN CARE

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Amarcarts posted:

*Goes to secret dance parties because the town council banned dancing*

*angrily dances alone inside of the town warehouse*

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
*plays stump, smashes finger and uses obamacare to fix it* Thank god Trump is here to fix everything

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I'm not saying I like the things he said about women, but sometimes God chooses flawed vessels, like King David.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

shame on an IGA posted:

this is all I can find 1998 was before google news but gl on your search for more it'd make a good dateline or something http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-4th-circuit/1146359.html

Thread content: There is a chain of video rental stores near here that not only exists but is expanding, in 2017

I was working in an extremely remote town and drove through the main square and there was a video store with vhs cassettes on display in the window. This was last summer

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
*goes outside and enjoys time spent out of doors*

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
hello I am a small town, all two of my parks and one cemetery are full of teenagers loving each other, defacing things, & smoking weed

My main street consists of a library, some old houses used as office buildings, a laundromat, two bars right across from each other, the grocery store, the bank, the mason's lodge, & four storefronts that usually have antique shops in them

Everything closes at 8 except the bars & liquor store down state road 109. and maybe the mason's lodge. They do what they want. One time a bunch of elderly men got drunk and went over to the grain silo by the tracks and tried, unsuccessfully, to burn it down

The old men were herded back to the lodge, and those too drunk to drive were taken home in my one police car & the firetruck. Ol' Bill Hershberger went in the truck, and I heard him lying to his granddaughter about where he'd been and what he'd been doing

Ow my economy

I'm dying

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
*entire county is littered with old washing machines, collapsing trailers and sun-bleached fisher price toys*

*one house has like 400 cement statues, a hill of tires and a broken down tour bus in its front yard, the houses owner is one of the wealthier people in the area and is well known and liked*

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
*the dude is also a public notary and looks like santa claus with a pony tail*

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Haverchuck posted:

*the dude is also a public notary and looks like santa claus with a pony tail*

This was one of my neighbors back home. Guy collected broken old cars like it was a job. (Maybe it was?)

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
*Spends time coming up with witty evangelical messages for the church sign*

*Rules the local garden club with an iron fist*

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I got some problems with these folks down the road that came and pissed in my gas tank. I yelled at them the other day about their dog taking a poo poo in my yard, and sure enough they came out one night and pissed in my tank and clogged it with a Snicker's wrapper. I don't know why these niggers have to be like that. Now don't get me wrong, there are some good black folk. But you got black folks, and then you got niggers, and the black folks aren't up in Ferguson burning down buildings and rioting and whatnot. Now, I'm not racist because I respect some black folk, but not those rioters. Anyway, I didn't mean to take up your time. Which of these security systems would be the best for me? I'm trying to go with something wireless.

I think he'll be good for the economy, yeah. I don't want to lose any more business around here. We just got that new Pepsi plant, which is nice, but you drive by some of those strip malls and it's just all empty doors now. They're even saying Sears might be going under. I just don't know why they keep leaving for overseas. It's hard for us, you know. An old person like me can't learn all this new technology like you youngins. We want to keep things simple around here.

We've got our own little comic convention. Heard it went real good last year. About 2000 people showed up. That's quite a lot for our area! It's nice to see the arena building getting some work like that. Hope they can get some good names for the district fair this year. It's been awhile since we had a solid lineup. Remember a few years ago when we had .38 Special? Now that was a good concert, let me tell ya.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
*Lays out in the hammock, reading a book in the sun. Can breathe*

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
"I don't know what your problem is, Earl. Those black eyed peas taste fine by me."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I am here to teach sex ed

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot
"Guys' brains tend to be like waffles and girls tend to be like spaghetti."

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Ice Blue Mink posted:

I don't have any clever commentary for this, even, I just...

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Our sex ed class was only allowed to happen after the school board paid some temps to go through every copy of the book with white out and remove all the parts about how P goes in the V.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever
- only interests are guns and hunting
- 50% of wardrobe has Realtree ® camouflage pattern, at least one item worn daily
- Wore a Realtree ® patterned tuxedo to prom, impregnated prom date
- Bride wore a Realtree ® patterned wedding dress at her shotgun marriage
- Realtree ® Realtree ® REALTREE!!!!!!®

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I am here to teach sex ed

what it intimacy indeed

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
*Mows the lawn. Waves at neighbors. Smokes a brisket*

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ice Blue Mink posted:

quote:

When we say that men are like waffles, we do not mean that men "waffle" on all decisions and are generally unstable. What we mean is that men process life in boxes. If you look at a waffle, you see a collection of boxes — all separate from each other — that make convenient holding places. That is typically how men process life. Their thinking is divided into boxes that have room for one issue and one issue only. The first issue of life goes in the first box, the second goes in the second box and so on. The typical man lives in one box at a time and one box only. When a man is at work, he is at work. When he is in the garage tinkering around, he is in the garage tinkering. When he is watching TV, he is simply watching TV. That is why he looks as though he is in a trance and can ignore everything else going on around him. Social scientists call this "compartmentalizing" — that is, putting life and responsibilities into different compartments.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
ah

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

"lets go to an estate sale"

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
*Is the only gay in the village.*

*Spends every day feverishly planning how to escape this wretched shithole before the cycle of depression and lonliness gets any deeper.*

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

This is perfect.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

jammyozzy posted:

*Is the only gay in the village.*

*Has slowly been trying to turn out Hank the mechanic for 2 years*

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
"In this analogy, the walled boxes that together constitute waffles symbolize men's psychological compartmentalization while the overlapping nature of spaghetti symbolizes women's favoring of psychological interconnectedness."

This is the worst fukken analogy.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Men are like mailboxes, women are like a smashed package from amazon with a bunch of different poo poo all smashed together

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KLSbCtinXs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Fog Tripper posted:

*Mows the lawn. Waves at neighbors. Smokes a brisket*

*Takes an hour even on a rider because lots are so big. Drinks a beer and listens to a podcast while mowing. Is chill.*

• Locked thread