Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

pokemon go SUCKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
*Plays piano*

Just a small town boy

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
Sometimes towns get so small that they dry up and disappear. I enjoy visiting those places.

Howland Flat was a mining town in the Sierra gold country.

Already in a steep decline by 1929.

This and a couple of other structures are all that are left now.

Small town to ghost town.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I'm enormously relieved that the 10,000 person town with the crippling ice addiction in which I grew up where the only job generating industries were a prison and an abattoir was in Australia and as such only a few people were furnished with firearms.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

nah what happened is daz got into his bush crop and fuckin lied about it like a dog so he snapped the oval office in the woolies carpark...dont think he's gonna show to kerrys place later. speaking of I got some pingas from that poof who works at clarks rubber heaps cheap because he probably wants to gently caress me heh! im gonna flog em at kerrys coz im povvo as but ill swap you one for two sixers of woodstock? *finishes plastering apprenticeship the following year, becomes very wealthy*

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
*see the one black kid who happened to have a lisp get mercilessly picked on in high school*

*At lunch, a white kid decides to push black kid off his seat and throws his lunch on his face; black kid stands up for himself, pushes white kid and white kid beats the poo poo out of black kid*

*white kid suspended for a few days; black kid suspended for three weeks*

*hear community comment on how those people really need to learn how to behave*

N. Senada fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 29, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

And I wanna know who the savage mongrel is that keeps wiping boogers on this wall next to the urinal they oughta hang him in front of the firing squad

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
*carves detailed political diatribe in bathroom stall*
*finds full grammatically correct rebuttal the next day*
*finds that someone's crossed out both paragraphs and wrote "im gay" the day after*

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

gently caress the rich coastal elites that stole our livelyhood. No not those coastal elites, those coastal elites, we like the first group because our pastor and his network of friends are friends with a proxy of that group.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I grew up in a small town that was rapidly expanding and my friend and I used to set off fireworks inside porta-potties outside of construction sites. Sometimes we would just knock them over instead.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

myDad posted:

Tina you fat lard, come get some dinner!

I'm the football in uncle rico's vids

Final Fantasy Football
Oct 3, 2006

bitmap posted:

nah what happened is daz got into his bush crop and fuckin lied about it like a dog so he snapped the oval office in the woolies carpark...dont think he's gonna show to kerrys place later. speaking of I got some pingas from that poof who works at clarks rubber heaps cheap because he probably wants to gently caress me heh! im gonna flog em at kerrys coz im povvo as but ill swap you one for two sixers of woodstock? *finishes plastering apprenticeship the following year, becomes very wealthy*

I know those words, but this sentence makes no sense.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Holy poo poo, what is going on?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yam5uK6e-bQ

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Money Bags posted:

*Adopts a noticeably thicker accent when visiting friends and family back home.

I think this is an unconscious thing most of the time. People tend to mimic who they're talking to to some extent.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

bitmap posted:

Really glad my parents moved us to a city as I reached adolescence. Small town life is fine in Australia when you're a kid and don't understand the depravity.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Hardawn posted:

Town population: 800

Black families still live on the other side of the tracks

This is most major cities still.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Caught a 250 pound wild pig today on the farm. She was goin apeshit in the trap but since it was one of the ones I built :smug: she didn't do nothin but scuff herself up some. Fella gonna come up tomorrow morning and shoot her and me and the coworkers are supposed to get a couple pounds of sausage apiece for doing the trappin and loadin parts.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

*Lives in Jacksonville Florida

"Boy those SMALL TOWN WHITE FOLKS sure are backwater uneducated hicks!"

*votes Trump

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Y'all need to listen to this ShitTown podcast.

Got'drat

http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/3/28/15082166/s-town-podcast-episodes-release

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

bitmap posted:

Translation for normal humans:

No, what happened is that Darren (or Daniel, or David) got into my friend's marijuana stash, and then lied about it like the cur he is, so my friend punched him in the car park of the local supermarket... so I don't think Darren will later visit Kerry's home.
Speaking of which, I got some ecstasy from the gay guy who works at the shoe shop quite cheaply, because he probably wants to gently caress me.
I'll sell them at Kerry's place because I'm in poverty, but I'll swap you one pill for two six-packs of cheap beer.

----

I grew up in regular low-to-middle-class suburban Australia and so I was very scared when I became a teen and found out that there did exist people who lived not far from a city that really did talk like the quoted post with zero exaggeration.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
*Is in Wrong Thread*

"Well I'll tell you what I think! These loving city people would be dead without [insert local product sold mainly to Mexico]."

Fasdar fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 30, 2017

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Kelp Me! posted:

Like it or not small-town farmers are being dragged into the digital age: Desperate John Deere tractor owners are downloading illegal Ukrainian firmware hacks to get the crops in

tl:dr: John Deere made it so if you replace a part on one of their tractors you have to pay one of their people to come to you and plug a thumbdrive into your tractor's USB port to "authorize" the part you just swapped in

e: welcome to the darknet, are you looking for drugs, stolen credit cards, or farm equipment firmware updates, we got it all!!!

This Shadowrun reboot is really weird.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Got this in the mail the other day.

I dedicate this to the goon talking smack about it earlier. Edible at worst, great when stoned/drunk at best. Would za again. Not the cheapest by any means either, but a few steps above Little Caesars (which is 30 minutes away vs 30 seconds away)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'd eat that pizza maybe with some ranch for dipping

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
*gets in a fight with another student for throwing rocks at the newborn cow calves in field next to school*
:mad:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

like a cigarette should posted:

*gets in a fight with another student for throwing rocks at the newborn cow calves in field next to school*
:mad:

You threw the rocks, didn't you

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You threw the rocks, didn't you

Heck naw, I was yelling at him to stop, I like baby cows. Kid turned out to be a sociopath too. Same field, one of the horses was sick and dying and the family who owned it left it to rest where it was laying out in the field.
Kid climbed over the fence and started stomping on its head, got caught in the act, and was expelled. Kid is probably dead or has moved on to killing other people by now.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Can't wait for Drive your Tractor to School Day

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Today's schedule:
1: Trukin'
2: Fuckin'

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
*play highschool football

*get tackled into a coma

*be brain dead

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
*economic anxiety severely decreases as soon as Trump is president*

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dean of Swing posted:

*be brain dead

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Dean of Swing posted:

*play highschool football

*have a good career selling used cars because everyone remembers that game winning interception during the All State game*

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Lmbo

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

No

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bonzo posted:

*have a good career selling used cars because everyone remembers that game winning interception during the All State game*

*passes down the family car lot to the son that didn't pass senior year of high school until he was in his mid-20's*

*business fails immediately*

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"Martha and I went out East to New York City a few years back. Just de rudest people on Earth, dontchaknow. Not a single person on de street stopped to say 'hi' and ask us where we were from or what we were doin' dere."

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

scuba school sucks posted:

Caught a 250 pound wild pig today on the farm. She was goin apeshit in the trap but since it was one of the ones I built :smug: she didn't do nothin but scuff herself up some. Fella gonna come up tomorrow morning and shoot her and me and the coworkers are supposed to get a couple pounds of sausage apiece for doing the trappin and loadin parts.

Wait, I'm down in Texas and the wild pigs/hogs are open season because they're legitimately wrecking poo poo. Aside from a couple small parts of the pig/hog, most of the meat is gamey and gross as gently caress, nobody wants to eat that. I don't even live in a small town, I'm in Houston but I know about it because I have all sorts of friends and acquaintances that have land that they have to kill the wild hogs on. A couple pounds of sausage and some other meat is about what you can expect, plus I think a small tenderloin but I might be wrong here. Wild hog meat is mostly inedible, we kill them because they are invasive and gently caress up crops and even other species.

EDIT: To the point where I take a weapon with me when I go camping, just in case a hog decides to come into the camp. They can seriously injure someone if they choose to charge and trample a camp/tent. They are aggressive as gently caress, another reason why they are hunted constantly.

ballistics statistics fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Apr 2, 2017

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

ballistics statistics posted:

Wait, I'm down in Texas and the wild pigs/hogs are open season because they're legitimately wrecking poo poo. Aside from a couple small parts of the pig/hog, most of the meat is gamey and gross as gently caress, nobody wants to eat that. I don't even live in a small town, I'm in Houston but I know about it because I have all sorts of friends and acquaintances that have land that they have to kill the wild hogs on. A couple pounds of sausage and some other meat is about what you can expect, plus I think a small tenderloin but I might be wrong here. Wild hog meat is mostly inedible, we kill them because they are invasive and gently caress up crops and even other species.

EDIT: To the point where I take a weapon with me when I go camping, just in case a hog decides to come into the camp. They can seriously injure someone if they choose to charge and trample a camp/tent. They are aggressive as gently caress, another reason why they are hunted constantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoTmXyTuE5I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
*is 79, has chronic emphysema, responsible for third wife's grandchildren from her meth-addicted son who also lives on property but has no custody of children and is not even supposed to be within 100 feet of them*
*town's only successful business is paddleboat rentals at an artificial drainage lake*
*complains about influx of new residents coming for the cheaper land/rent, when business would've died out without them*

• Locked thread