Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man
I remember going back to visit my dad after I got out of the Marine Corps. He still looked like a tough son of a bitch, but there was this gentler side that came out when he talked to me. At first I thought he might have changed, until he screamed at mom. He wasn't acting better because of any kind of revelation from God, he's on his toes because his son survived multiple tours of duty in Vietnam. I think he saw me as a man now, but not in any kind of heartwarming way. I'm higher on the totem pole and if he even tries to raise a finger toward me he won't stand a chance.

I don't like hurting people. Despite all the bullshit he put me threw growing up, the yelling, the lashing, even threatening me with a broken bottle. I don't want to harm him. I don't want revenge. I just have to get the hell out of this place and never look back. I know if I stayed here, the poison of the local culture could creep back in my veins. I'd end up like this poor excuse of a father before me. Rule over a family. That's not what I want. I want to be a human being. With a family that loves him.

gently caress this place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread