Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marsisol
Mar 30, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

Northern small towns:

-takes neighbor to small claims court for tree with branch overhanging into yard
-attends town council meetings every week
-votes against sidewalks and street lights in town because they lower property values
-vehemently opposes 150-unit affordable-housing complex, votes to approve 60-unit luxury condo complex on the site instead, site turns out to have massive amounts of soil/groundwater contamination due to formerly being a golf course
-local cops are cracking down on high school kids getting hosed up on parents' prescription drugs

Ah Bergen County.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010

Kelp Me! posted:

It's slightly scary that you know this, I didn't realize that poo poo was specific to this area. Or do you live here too?

Did some environmental work on that golf course and was in the loop on the redevelopment battles which gave it away.

Bergen county does have a creepy, insular vibe to it too though.

• Locked thread