Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

"Whelp, I guess I'll go into town. Anybody need anything?"
*an hour goes by
"Whelp, I suppose I'll ought to go ahead and go into town."

"I figured I ought to mow the acre today."
*spends the next few hours tinkering

*gets into truck to check the mail

Yorkshire Pudding you're killing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

*takes trash out to burn-barrel

*goes out to deep freeze to get supper started

*listens to Lawrence Welk

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

*Used to work at a now defunct Co-Op

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

*Subscribes to Reminisce magazine

*Gossips about typo in local newspaper

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

*Quilts in spare time...Impressive thimble collection.

"Things were different back then. People worked and that's just what they did. Your great-grandfather worked in the coal mines and I remember how they would let the workers know if they needed to come in. When it got cold the whistle would blow twice letting them know that there was work in the mines, if it blew once then they needed half the workers, if it didn't blow at all then there was no work at the mines that day. Some winters were mild and you wouldn't hear the whistle blow very often, but some winters were cold like the winter of '36 when the workers were needed full time because people needed the coal when it got especially cold. And that's how it worked, if the whistle blowed there was work to be done, if not then people stayed at home. And that's how it was."

"Did I ever tell you about prohibition?"

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

*Tells you about the time they worked at the Dixie Cup factory.

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

*Devout Kubota customer...scorns John Deere.

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

"Whelp, I'm fixin to go up to the cattle auction, want to tag along? No, I don't plan on bidding on anything I just like to set for a spell and enjoy the show."

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

"S'posed to storm today."
"I hope it does we need a good rain."

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

This is perfect.

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

"The other day a farmer brought in an egg had 3 yolks in it. Was in the paper."

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

"And there I was in the Madison Hospital and nobody come to see me. Cousin Will never come, Aunt Bertha never come..."

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

Teikanmi posted:

My aunt lived in Silverton, Idaho and her boyfriend's name was Jim but he went by "Dogger" and was a big fan of Harley Davidson and talking poo poo about mexicans

I once knew a man who went by "Booger" ("Boog" for short) who was a big fan of our lord and savior Jesus Christ. His brain was completely fried Ozzy style from the mountains of drugs he did in the 80s to where all he can manage now is his lovely "handyman" job, checking out under age girls and preaching the good word to anyone who'll listen. I assume he's still kicking around somewhere in my hometown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Money Bags
Jun 27, 2013

*Adopts a noticeably thicker accent when visiting friends and family back home.

*Exists in a liminal space between city and small town values.

• Locked thread