Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
Only popping into say that my girlfriend makes me drive to Iowa periodically to a very specific Casey's general store in order to buy a pizza covered in doritios and taco sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

I've been looking into getting into the feeder lifestyle, that's pretty sweet

She claims it's the best pizza but I don't get it, you could have a higher quality pizza by buying a tombstone pizza and dumping a bag of cool ranch doritios on it and putting real taco sauce on it.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
*the most exciting thing that happens the entire year is when the grain silo by all the businesses downtown catches fire and everyone just kinda stands there watching and drinking beer til the fire department shows up

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Bonzo posted:

you think that's exciting? poo poo. How about a bourbon distillery fire?

Jesus, also :_:7 all that bourbon.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
Note worth events from living in a town of less than 2k.

*School bus hits a deer
*Fellow student dies hitting a cow with her truck because a nearby farm's fence broke
*During Sex ed a girl said "you can't get pregnant if you're in love with someone" she then ended up pregnant.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Bonzo posted:

-high school sports teams were called The Redskins and the mascot is a red man with a large feather headdress-
-mascot is changed to Red Wings in 1993-
-Alumni facebook group gets monthly posts saying, "It's still REDSKIN TO ME! Why's we have to change it all?!?!-

Same but Blackhawk

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Haverchuck posted:

chinese place opens and fails in 3 months. pizza place opens and fails in 3 months. bbq place opens and fails in 3 months. cracker barrel by the highway onramp is slammed every single day

Oh my god, I used to sneak out of high school every day to eat at a Chinese restaurant that opened in our town but no one would go there and it closed, saddest day of my high school career, cute Chinese slave girl there taught me how to use chop sticks too.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
*No one gives a poo poo if you pass out drunk in a bowling alley parking lot
*or a yard
*or a yard that isn't yours
*or a graveyard

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
I wen to Viola Wisconsin once to visit a friend and the first thing I see upon rolling into town is a 500lb dude on an ATV with a shotgun oh said "Oh you must be X's friend, he lives in that house over there". There was one gas station and bar in the town that I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Ein cooler Typ posted:

what else do you expect them to do? it's too dangerous to try to put out the fire yourself if you're not trained

I mean I was there watching to, and then the police told us to back up because the silo might explode, and then we did, and then it did explode and we just hung out in the adjacent park watching it burn for a bit.

• Locked thread