Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Nice to meet you. So what high school did you go to? Really? My sister was 3 years behind you and my cousin played against you guys in the state championship game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

*Is 24*
*Proposes to 16 (almost 17!) year old girlfriend at Christmas*
*she isn't even pregnant*
*entire family approves*
*can't wait to tell the others in Youth Group*

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

*attends 50th high school reunion*

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

*attends job fair at the new Cracker Barrel restaurant that was just built in the Wal Mart parking lot*
*hopes this schedule will work with my existing shifts at Steak N Shake*

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

-moves to big city to attend "Graphic Artist" program at for profit college-
-parents are now out $5k for tuition, $1500 for a Mac Book Pro plus living expenses-
-roommates do a lot to make her feel welcome, knowing she's never lived in big city-
-thinks her roommates are all "bitches"-
-makes parents and boyfriend drive in every weekend to pick her up and take her home because she misses them-
-fails basic HTML course, drops out of the program, moves back home-
-starts career as a booth babe for local car shows and swap meets-
-gets job in retail at local cellphone/ISP business-
-constantly complains about how there are no other jobs available-
-has child to get year long paid maternity leave because :canada: -
-goes back to job in retail at local cellphone/ISP business-
-constantly complains about how there are no other jobs available-
-has child to get year long paid maternity leave because :canada: -

My niece everyone. And no, that isn't a copy and paste error.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Sorry boys, she's taken and married to her high school sweetheart.

Oh and her sweetheart graduated high school 5 years before her. They starting dating around her 16th birthday.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

You can tell when your getting further away from a big city when the number of anti-abortion billboards increase.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

*refers to someone's way of dress as "Town".

"Look at his hands, he's never done an honest day of work in his life. You can tell by that shirt he's Town"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Let' s eat something a little lighter tonight. How about fish?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mordor She Wrote posted:

*the most exciting thing that happens the entire year is when the grain silo by all the businesses downtown catches fire and everyone just kinda stands there watching and drinking beer til the fire department shows up

you think that's exciting? poo poo. How about a bourbon distillery fire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAmozRuL0go

http://www.distillerytrail.com/blog/heaven-hill-remembers-1996-distillery-fire-with-select-stock-20th-anniversary-edition/

quote:

On the afternoon of Nov. 7, 1996, a fire started at Heaven Hill’s Warehouse I. Fueled by 75 mph winds, the rapidly growing fire ravaged the warehouse, with flames reaching heights of 350 feet. A river of fire spread downhill towards other warehouses and the distillery as the warehouse collapsed from the heat. Flaming Bourbon crawled across the Heaven Hill campus and through a nearby creek, burning seven warehouses, the original Heaven Hill distillery and several other buildings in its path. Over 90,000 barrels of Bourbon were lost, two percent of the world’s whiskey at the time.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

-high school sports teams were called The Redskins and the mascot is a red man with a large feather headdress-
-mascot is changed to Red Wings in 1993-
-Alumni facebook group gets monthly posts saying, "It's still REDSKIN TO ME! Why's we have to change it all?!?!-

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

-local grocer or 45 years closes due to new Wal Mart out by the highway-
-Baptist church relocates to the new vacancy in the strip mall-

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

Clearly people in cities like Hockey though because that's where the arenas and major teams are. But I have noticed people from small towns are often way more into sports. I think playing a sport like Hockey is just too expensive in a big city so it's more of a small town/suburban thing these days, specially if your small town actually gets winter with actual ice outside.

There are only 10 cities in all of Canada that have population of <500,000 and every small township and community has a local rink for hockey, ringette and curling. In the winter they are usually the only place were you can socialize with the rest of the town.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

*first day of hunting season is considered an acceptable excuse to miss school, for students and teachers*

If you live in tobacco country, the entire school system shuts down for a week or two while kids and teachers both work the fields. Pays pretty well too.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Y'all need to listen to this ShitTown podcast.

Got'drat

http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/3/28/15082166/s-town-podcast-episodes-release

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Dean of Swing posted:

*play highschool football

*have a good career selling used cars because everyone remembers that game winning interception during the All State game*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Tyson Tomko posted:

restaurants actually have parking spaces in lots not on the street! and for free!!"

*notices that all parking in the first two rows is taken, pulls out handicap parking pass from glove compartment, walks briskly to ensure they get a good spot in line for the buffet*

Oh and here is someone I work with

*wears knee brace, won't take the steps up one flight, uses elevator, has expensive ergonomic desk*
*complains to HR who give her a secondary, standing desk*

"Doctors says my knees are like glass! I barely have any cartilage left!"

*dives Ford F350 to work, has to step up 14 inches up in order to enter vehicle*
*Parks in the handicap space closest to the front entrance*
*Meanwhile, two other employees in wheelchairs park in normal spots and never ask for accommodations*

• Locked thread