Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
At the local Grocery Outlet the other night, the cashier was young woman, and she was wearing a sweat shirt that said "His doe". Unable to crack the enigma unassisted, I asked her about it. "Oh, it's part of a matching pair - my boyfriend's says 'Her buck'.

Yep, small town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
Last summer I went for a motorcycle ride down some of my favorite back roads on the west side of the Sacramento Valley. Passing through the "town" of Stonyford I saw what initially appeared to be a Hillary for President flag flying in front of a house. Knowing how such tiny places tend to be overwhelmingly conservative, I was pleasantly surprised by this. Then I got close enough to see that it said "Hillary for Prison", though it was made in the style of actual Hillary for President campaign banners. No doubt something advertised on the Sean Hannity Show.

Many years ago I realized that some people like small town life, and view the narrow minded conservatism that almost always accompanies this as part of the price you have to pay. Others prefer small town life precisely because of this.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

My former next door neighbor no poo poo got 4 DUIs on garden equipment in 9 months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBM48uF35ms

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
Sometimes towns get so small that they dry up and disappear. I enjoy visiting those places.

Howland Flat was a mining town in the Sierra gold country.

Already in a steep decline by 1929.

This and a couple of other structures are all that are left now.

Small town to ghost town.

• Locked thread