Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Gatekeeper posted:

i thought vampire teeth had holes in them and they sucked blood up through their teeth like lil sharp pointy straws

i have since learned that they just bite your flesh open with their pointy fangs and then slurp the blood with their mouth and swallow it like normal :(

Whoa, your idea is way cooler!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

deep dish peat moss posted:

I used to think feet were just weird hands that you walk on, but now I realize that hands are just weird feet that you grasp with.

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

I... I think.... I think I want to watch videos of them picking stuff up and generally using those feet as hands. And I don't think it's a sexual thing either.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Filthy hobbits.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!

smug n stuff posted:

kinda but I thought you could use it to communicate instantaneously
like you could push one end of the cable in a morse code pattern or something, and the other end would move at the exact same time, so you could communicate faster than the speed of light.
Space Elevators are different I think?

a signal would only travel through the stick at the speed of sound in the medium of stick.

sure it would be fast, but light and radio waves would still be significantly faster

EDIT:Ohshit , also i thought babies happened when a mother and a father kissed, something from the dad went into the mum and something of the mum went into the dad.

Jestery fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 25, 2017

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Jestery posted:

light and radio waves

:chloe:

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Harald posted:

i think the trick is you could never close the box fast enough

just use a two-way mirror :doh:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My childhood books told me that the biggest danger in my life would be smugglers and quicksand.
Turns out it was actually pedophiles.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

just use a two-way mirror :doh:

whoa

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!
I remember thinking I could play a PC game on my stereo by just putting the CDROM in my cd player and then somehow play them using the buttons and sound cues

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I thought it was legal for black people to smoke weed because I saw a couple movies where the only people who smoked weed were black people.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
that every other language in reality sounded literally like mine to the people speaking them

my new dog fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 25, 2017

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
all dogs are boys and all cats are girls

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Like when I was way young, barely able to form conscious thought, I thought I had solved the pesky "having to pee" problem by trying to put a knot into my foreskin. When that turned out to be impossible I tried just pinching it real hard when I had to go. I got pee everywhere.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Gatekeeper posted:

i thought vampire teeth had holes in them and they sucked blood up through their teeth like lil sharp pointy straws

i have since learned that they just bite your flesh open with their pointy fangs and then slurp the blood with their mouth and swallow it like normal :(

I had this exact same thought and it lasted until like high school or college (to be fair, it's not like I ran into a lot of vampires who could correct my misunderstanding). Now the whole idea is absurd and I can't imagine where I picked it up from.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
One time I thought I dreamt aliens watching me through my window then levitating me out the window. haha kids, what idiots

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

When my parents first got a VCR and blank tapes, I didn't realize that you had to first record something off of TV to watch later. I just scrawled "TRANSFORMERS" on the tape label with magic marker and popped it in, expecting sweet robot cartoons to be waiting for me. Instead, it was just a dumb basketball game.

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

food court bailiff posted:

I had this exact same thought and it lasted until like high school or college (to be fair, it's not like I ran into a lot of vampires who could correct my misunderstanding). Now the whole idea is absurd and I can't imagine where I picked it up from.

It could be that vampires' fangs are awfully similar visually to snake fangs which do work that way (but in reverse) for pumping venom into their victims. Not that crazy if you ask me!

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Say Nothing posted:

My childhood books told me that the biggest danger in my life would be smugglers and quicksand.
Turns out it was actually pedophiles.

some comedian has a bit about that irl (without the pedophiles part)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
They could coat the earth in north magnets and give everyone South magnet shoes and we would be able to fly everywhere.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

SeXReX posted:

They could coat the earth in north magnets and give everyone South magnet shoes and we would be able to fly everywhere.

but then you realised that wouldn't work.
but if the shoes had NORTH magnets in them... now we're talking.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Yeah i am dumber now than i used to be because apparently I've forgotten how magnets work.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Ice Blue Mink posted:

It could be that vampires' fangs are awfully similar visually to snake fangs which do work that way (but in reverse) for pumping venom into their victims. Not that crazy if you ask me!

i think it's partially this and partially because the marks of a vampire attack are just those two lil round holes and not a whole big mouth-mark so imagining the blood bein sucked up through those two bite holes kinda fits with reverse snaketeeth rather than a whole big mouth suckin through two teeny bite holes

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
As a kid i was certain a fart "looked" like a triangle with a line down the middle. I made multiple drawings.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I thought if you drove a car off a sheer cliff you could just step out of the car immediately before impact with the ease of getting out of a car parked in the driveway.

For some reason I thought the car carried all the momentum and the people inside could simply detach themselves from it by stepping out.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
that it would be possible to take a window off of a wall and put it on another one, as though they worked like picture frames

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I don't remember this one but my mom loves this story: she was cleaning my room one day and found a crayon drawing I made of a lightbulb directly behind my bedside lamp's lampshade. When she grilled me about it after school I said it was to show me if the lamp was ever stolen.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
SONIC SUPER SPEEDWAY

With all the Sonic characters and new ones like a TURTLE named TURTLER who was, get this, a fast turtle. Also I think a flying squirrel or something.

SONIC & KNUCKLES HIDEOUT GUIDE

Where instead of doing platforming stuff they sit in a hole and hide from Robotnik or some poo poo.

Jesse Ventura
Jan 14, 2007

This drink is like somebody's memory of a grapefruit, and the memory is fading.

Bacon Taco posted:

Right now Big Hot Dog is stealing this idea from the forums.

don't doxx me pls :smug:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I wasted so much of my childhood trying to make batteries explode.

Ice Blue Mink
Mar 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Say Nothing posted:

I wasted so much of my childhood trying to make batteries explode.

Just throw it in a fire :shrug:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Toadvine posted:

I thought if you drove a car off a sheer cliff you could just step out of the car immediately before impact with the ease of getting out of a car parked in the driveway.

For some reason I thought the car carried all the momentum and the people inside could simply detach themselves from it by stepping out.

Oh that reminds me i was confused as a kid why if i tossed a ball up and down it didnt fly to the back of the car/bus immediately. If the ball isnt touching the car and the car is moving forwards it should go back. Basically same thought as you.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Les Os posted:

all dogs are boys and all cats are girls

Same, my wife thought I was a retard when i told her this. I thought every kid thought this!?!?

pc lithman
Oct 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
i thought the weather forecast was done by computers whose date was set a week into the future and they simply reported back to us

that was an awkward freshman year in college

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Killswitch posted:

Same, my wife thought I was a retard when i told her this. I thought every kid thought this!?!?

Hell, I still do

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

That there were these short people that lived in the street light poles whose jobs were to manually change the lights between green yellow and red

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

Gatekeeper posted:

What, really?! (I'm 29) That's actually really lame.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
I thought that if you just inserted more powerful batteries into a GameBoy (like 9V, for, example) you'd get better performance.

I just got a blank screen. GameBoy still worked after that, lol.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Junk posted:

That there were these short people that lived in the street light poles whose jobs were to manually change the lights between green yellow and red

Nice, I used to think cheese grew on top of streetlights when I was very young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

that if i wished really really hard for something it would come true

:(

• Locked thread