Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
why wouldn't op's idea work someone explain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

I used to think that all liquids were just water with stuff added

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

us vs also us posted:

why wouldn't op's idea work someone explain

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Why don't you hear supersonic bullets/jets/unicycles coming?

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

smug n stuff posted:

My friend told me if you went to a place in Neopets at exactly midnight you could get a special Neopet thing, so I stayed up late to try it like three times before my mom told me that kid was a fuckin liar.

to be fair that sounds like something that would happen on neopets?

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

I think it has something to do with how force moves at the speed of sound through objects or something, haven't read a book or been in a physics class for years so sorry this might not be entirely correct, so if you had a huge stick in space from let's say earth to venus and you started pushing it on earth the force would move through the object at the speed of sound and take a very long time to actually move the part that's at venus.

There's vsauce video that mentions this but he has so many videos now I'm not sure which one it is.

but, what if, and stay with me now

but what if

the stick was really rigid, so it didnt wobble at all?

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

I thought that wolverines were female wolves

until I was 20

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

i thought that sex was just putting the penis into the vagina and holding it still until something happened. i later found out that this was a thing that unmarried mormon kids would do because it wasn't technically "sex"

:stare:

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Falukorv posted:

First time I remember eating one I was already skeptical,

I feel like everyone has this experience with tomatoes

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

its like "this is like an apple but savory instead of sweet? sounds fake but ok..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

That probably actually did happen, neo pets loved doing poo poo like that and your mom just lost you like, a poo poo load of neopoints

lmao i thought so. I'll bet that person's mom was a pro neopets player and didn't want them knowing her secrets

• Locked thread