Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
When my much-older-than-me big sister was fired from Orange Julius, my mother said it meant she didn't work anymore. For years I thought that meant my sister would never get another job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Les Os posted:

all dogs are boys and all cats are girls

I thought this too. Then we got a male cat.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

how did your sister get fired

Well, to start with, she hated people and wasn't too fond of Orange Julius, either. One day she brought home an inflatable Orange Julius punching bag that I was supposed to take in the pool. The day she got fired, she punched that sucker into oblivion.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
My bedroom was next to a meter of some kind--gas, maybe--that did a Thump-Thump all the time, just like a beating heart. My big sis helpfully told me how an evil witch had been buried there, and it meant she was alive and going to come after me. I spent a lot of nights cowering in my parents' bed before they realized a radio would drown out the hateful heart, To my knowledge it's still beating away, frightening new generations of kids.

I also thought that the tree shadows which would occasionally light up my room whenever a car passed was evidence that the tree shadows chased each other around the house all night long, adhering to the walls.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Grump posted:

I forced my sister to take me to a park one time because I wanted to plant a stick because I thought it was going to grow into a tree.

I thought I invented the word "save."

One day my friend and I were running around the house, pointing at random spherical things, and yelling "Ball bearing!" When my dad stopped us and told us there really were ball bearings, we freaked out.

• Locked thread