Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Houle
Oct 21, 2010
To the guy who said the thing about Dreamcast games on the OG Xbox...don't know if it was on purpose but Microsoft and Sega were working together for a while on a new system before the dreamcast came about that's why the Xbox feels so much like a souped up Dreamcast - so much so that Sega was trying to convince Microsoft to firmware update their system to allow it to read and play Dreamcast games natively.

As for the topic

- Inanimate objects have feelings because I watched the Velveteen Rabbit as a kid and it messed me up
- That being stabbed with a pencil would kill me because of lead poisoning
- That the battery acid I accidentally touched from the old game of battleship was a death sentence and would erode me down to the bone regardless of if I washed my hands similar to the deaths in Mars Attacks
- That if I watched certain movies with conspiracy theories of aliens that those organizations/species would know I watched it and kill me to keep the secret essentially making a ton of movies like the ring
- That the tooth infection I got from a botched root canal meant that my brain was in risk of rotting and I would lose half my face like that dude from Ripley's Believe It or Not.
- That girls had their vagina around where the penis was, so that if you had a really long penis you could basically skewer her and go into another woman and that that was what threesomes were.
- That women's hair got darker if they lost their virginity, so if I noticed a girl's hair change I assumed she had sex
- That if I did anything wrong, even if it was a misunderstanding God would punish me harshly and swiftly. So I believed God was omnipotent enough to punish me no matter where I was with impunity but would take a misunderstanding from my child brain and run with it.
- I wrote a letter to Missingno asking it to return the Pokemon I lost in a saving battery glitch thinking Missingno was sentient and messing with my game of Pokemon Red :(
- That only men wanted sex and women only wanted the pursuit of romance and begrudgingly gave sex as a motivational tool for reenactment of romance movies.
- That "Tween" and "Tweenager" meant in their 20s and not "in between child and teenager". Lead to A LOT of misunderstandings in my teen years
- That any mild illness or body pain/break/sprain has a large possibility of killing me, it reminded me of my mortality on a daily basis making me the only second grader terrified of death to the point of missing a lot of school from panic attacks
- That if I practiced enough I would be able to perform a Kamehameha or do a double jump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
That might be where I got it from. I read the Hobbit and the first two Lord of the Rings books...couldn't get through the third one. Interesting how fast grammatification can process words.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
French Canadian Catholic actually. This was before sex ed, which wasn't really informative until the 9th grade. Before that it was just puberty and babies while avoiding anything about anatomy or sex. Basically everything is about guilt or awkwardly trying to avoid uneasy discussions.

A lot of my information came from when I discovered TV had nudity and I would watch Discovery's Sex Files on mute with close captions to see boobs. I'd learn some facts...but a lot of fringe theories that are hilariously stupid now that some time has been put between me and that show. The hair colour theory came from me misinterpreting them having a theory that women's hair and scent changes when they have a baby. Or something equally as odd as that.

Oh and another thing I believed as a kid, if I watch tv it means society hasn't collapsed yet because if society had the tv would be cut or an announcement would come on - it became a bit of a security blanket when an alien movie scared me shitless as a young kid.

Man...I probably should have saw a therapist as a child.

Houle fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 26, 2017

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Surprised no one said this yet. When I was really young I was afraid there was a monster waiting to kill me but it couldn't get me so long as my feet or arms were within the confines of the bed. I feel like this was my brain making sense of the whole keep my arms in the car while it was moving or I would lose it rule/reality. That and somehow blankets had this power too.

• Locked thread