Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
you could save sunlight by keeping it in a chamber made of mirrors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
a plane can take off on a big enough treadmill

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I thought all of New York was Algerian because I grew up in a very Arab part there

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

us vs also us posted:

why wouldn't op's idea work someone explain

I think it has something to do with how force moves at the speed of sound through objects or something, haven't read a book or been in a physics class for years so sorry this might not be entirely correct, so if you had a huge stick in space from let's say earth to venus and you started pushing it on earth the force would move through the object at the speed of sound and take a very long time to actually move the part that's at venus.

There's vsauce video that mentions this but he has so many videos now I'm not sure which one it is.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I thought if I fell through the the insulation in my grandma's attic it would transport me to a random location on Earth.

Idk why parents tell their kids poo poo like this.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Junk posted:

That there were these short people that lived in the street light poles whose jobs were to manually change the lights between green yellow and red

Nice, I used to think cheese grew on top of streetlights when I was very young.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ralph Hurley posted:

I used to think those clay squares on top of chimneys were cheese

they need to stop putting things that look like cheese on top of tall structures

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Houle posted:

- Inanimate objects have feelings because I watched the Velveteen Rabbit as a kid and it messed me up

Same but I think The Little Toaster is why I believed this. Whenever I stubbed my toe on something I would yell at and hit that thing for hurting me lol.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wad deathly afraid of being abducted by aliens as a kid and I usually slept with my back facing the door. sometimes I would wake up at night and think there was an alien in my room trying to abduct me but as long as I didn't turn around and see him (which is what everyone does in horror movies) I'd be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Das Boo posted:

- I have a vague memory from when I was two or three of sitting in the shower and rationalizing that if I pooped, the poop would strain down the drain. It did not.

Amazingly, I have friends who will believe and try this out and they're in their late 20s, it never turns out well.

• Locked thread