Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

My younger brother and I took the saying "cats always land on their feet" literally, and also construed it to mean that cats could fall from any distance and land on their feet. We then proceeded to toss his cat off the top of the roof of the house. The cat was fine, but was definitely pissed and took off running and avoided us for a while. Luckily this was a ridiculously tough cat - in later years I watched it successfully fight raccoons. Still, I regret this idiocy to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Filthy hobbits.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I thought that any stabbing or shooting was fatal. I was watching some pirate movie and a guy was being interrogated and stabbed in the arm.
According to my dad, I had some choice words because the character didn't die and he had to explain how, you know, organs work.

That reminds me that my brother and I got the idea that if you made somebody stand up and walk that they wouldn't die. Like, they got shot, and if you get to them fast enough and help them to their feet then they will magically not die.

Pretty sure TV is to blame for that one.

• Locked thread