Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

smug n stuff posted:

kinda but I thought you could use it to communicate instantaneously
like you could push one end of the cable in a morse code pattern or something, and the other end would move at the exact same time, so you could communicate faster than the speed of light.
Space Elevators are different I think?

a signal would only travel through the stick at the speed of sound in the medium of stick.

sure it would be fast, but light and radio waves would still be significantly faster

EDIT:Ohshit , also i thought babies happened when a mother and a father kissed, something from the dad went into the mum and something of the mum went into the dad.

Jestery fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I remember thinking I could play a PC game on my stereo by just putting the CDROM in my cd player and then somehow play them using the buttons and sound cues

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I remember being deathly afraid of touching the sand while wading out at the beach.

I had read something about coneshells
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cone_snail?wprov=sfla1

And was afraid of touching one and dying

• Locked thread