Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i did it boys

this ones for u weedbabygoku420

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Harminoff posted:

So I preordered this as I figured it would be a good investment to spend the extra $10 and sell the skins. I don't know much about the marketplace but the items are going for over $70. Should I hold out on selling these or nah?

If you can actually get that kind of money right now, why wait?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Those are probably going for that because no one has bought one and normalized the price yet. People will undercut each other for another $60 before anyone buys one, probably.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah I have no idea how the market works, and I haven't sold anything on it for a long time (some cards) so...

I never used authenticator and can't sell for 15 days anyway. Ah well

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Won my second one, the game after my first win. gently caress yeah.

No more brag posts, I just thought it was interesting to win 2 in a row after no places higher than fourth since it came out.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 28, 2017

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
IMO you shouldn't be able to hang out and shoot mans from outside the force field.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I played the free beta weekends, will probably buy this when I get some extra money. Always played Duo or 3-man squad and the most hilarious match was when there was 2 people left, my friend and someone else. My friend was in the weird bunker/tunnel system and the other guy was above ground. The circle had gotten so small you couldn't get out or in of the tunnels so it was essentially a tie until the entire play area got covered in electricity and we won because the other guy had less health.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

First time I played properly last night. One match I ran over myself with my own car, the next match I killed two people and then ran myself over with my own car.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
You really gotta come to a complete stop to get out of a car (which is good). I've had 3 different times where a car came 'out of no where' and the guy driving bails out at full speed to try and shoot me and just ran themselves over. It looks hilarious too

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Olewithmilk posted:

First time I played properly last night. One match I ran over myself with my own car, the next match I killed two people and then ran myself over with my own car.

At least you're consistent!

This looks like something I want to play and at the same time I'm content just watching it on Twitch.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
Noob tip: Don't spawn almost naked. While it may seem edgy you limit your carry capacity . Coats, shirts, pants all have carry capacity in game.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bruteman posted:

This looks like something I want to play and at the same time I'm content just watching it on Twitch.

I dont really ever watch Twitch/streaming but it really works for this game somehow. Though going on Twitch recently has reminded me that streaming culture is weird and I don't really like it.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
The only people I can watch on Twitch is SovietWomble/Cyanide/Edberg, the rest is unbearable.

Here's a really good match with Cyanide and Edberg, the ending is legendary

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 28, 2017

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I pretty much watch Sacriel play this, and I get loads of good tips. But I am really bad at this.

It seems easy to get to top 20, top 15, just by avoiding the heavy traffic landing zones, and stealthing to the circle (still don't know where the "sure" vehicle spawns are). But then it seems I never have any armour or enough meds. Great game though - this is the first game of this kind that I have played, and I really enjoy what little I've played of it.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My buddies and I have adopted 2 strategies we alternate between and consistently get top 3 or 4 in squads.

Either drop immediately on the coast and nab a boat, drive to a place off the beaten path and outside of the plane's path so there should be no people there and loot it regardless of it's position relative to the play zone and then just race the shield to the zone loaded as hell and start popping people.

Alternatively, drop in on one of a few areas we know has an okay chance of having good stuff and just hunkering down, moving about 2 minutes before the shield and then hunkering down again on the edge of the shield popping people that wait till the last minute to move.

I think a lot of the higher end streamers do the first method.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Kind of hope that they extend the times before a new circle a little bit, especially the mid game. I seem to get wrecked by the circle a lot just because I get into a gun fight that takes a bit too long. Seems it might not be worth it to get into fights until the last few circles.

Also summit wouldn't be so bad if he turned off all the notification noises, but then he wouldn't be banking it. Crazy to see that guy getting $5+ donation every minute.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 28, 2017

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I pretty much watch Sacriel play this, and I get loads of good tips. But I am really bad at this.

It seems easy to get to top 20, top 15, just by avoiding the heavy traffic landing zones, and stealthing to the circle (still don't know where the "sure" vehicle spawns are). But then it seems I never have any armour or enough meds. Great game though - this is the first game of this kind that I have played, and I really enjoy what little I've played of it.
Sacriel isn't bad and he's the streamer I watch the most as well, and the one that convinced me to buy the game in the first place.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Moment of last night: sprinting dead out to get away from the wall of death, turning my head to look around and see another person sprinting directly parallel to me, no more than three yards away, completely oblivious to my presence. Awareness is key.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Harminoff posted:

Also summit wouldn't be so bad if he turned off all the notification noises, but then he wouldn't be banking it. Crazy to see that guy getting $5+ donation every minute.

I watch him when he plays with Sacriel, but I use multistream so I get Summit's point of view (maybe with 3 seconds delay), but I mute Summit and listen to Sacriel, so I hear all of Summit's voice comms, but none of the calling out subs and donors.

https://multistre.am/sacriel/summit1g/

Watching his cam though, you can see that any downtime and he is constantly talking to his chat. Must be draining. It takes a real skill to play the game, keep up a semi-coherent conversation with another streamer, while constantly thanking subs and donors.

LampkinsMateSteve fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 28, 2017

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The worst stream I've seen of PUBG was DrDisRespectLive, which I turned off in under 2 minutes.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Harminoff posted:

The other day he was getting annoyed at the sheer amount of donations he was getting and upped notifications to $50...and people continued to spam him with them. Dude must have made tens of thousands in donations alone since this game entered early access, and he said the other day he has 20k subs too, which is what...$50-60k a month? Crazy money.

I have learned quite a bit from watching him and some of the other big streamers though, and the game does lend itself quite well to watching on stream IMO.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Usually you see games designed for eSports, I wonder if this is the first really big "made for streaming" game. It really has a nice episodic feel to it rather than being just hyper competitive.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Is there any site or wiki somewhere with the particular, detailed stats of the weapons? I'm kinda wondering how for example the M16, M416, and SCAR-L stack up against each other, aside from the obvious things like fire modes and attachments.

VVVVV I was hoping for something a bit more detailed than that, since the bars for those three weapons in particular are borderline identical. VVVVV

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 28, 2017

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Perestroika posted:

Is there any site or wiki somewhere with the particular, detailed stats of the weapons? I'm kinda wondering how for example the M16, M416, and SCAR-L stack up against each other, aside from the obvious things like fire modes and attachments.

There are stats of each weapon in the OP.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Perestroika posted:

VVVVV I was hoping for something a bit more detailed than that, since the bars for those three weapons in particular are borderline identical. VVVVV

That is because the guns are more or less identical except for the attachments and firing modes, as you noted. The 5.56 rifles fire a bit faster and the AK hits a bit harder but other than that it doesn't make much difference.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tbh this game is really only good for streaming in duos. In squads there's too much chatter and in solo there may be too much downtime.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I hate streamer 'culture' but I kinda enjoy watching people play duos. The first stream I watched was some bearded guy who just screamed whenever he got shot at or heard anything, annoying as gently caress. That summit guy and some of the other guys near the top of the leaderboards are pretty decent (viss, some other names I cant remember).

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I love the hell out of this game, can't stop playing. Despite being terrible I have 3 top 10 finishes including a #2. My biggest downfall is being in what I think is a perfect place and then ending up outside the circle and having to leg it across a wide open field. Need to think ahead more.

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I watch him when he plays with Sacriel, but I use multistream so I get Summit's point of view (maybe with 3 seconds delay), but I mute Summit and listen to Sacriel, so I hear all of Summit's voice comms, but none of the calling out subs and donors.

https://multistre.am/sacriel/summit1g/

Watching his cam though, you can see that any downtime and he is constantly talking to his chat. Must be draining. It takes a real skill to play the game, keep up a semi-coherent conversation with another streamer, while constantly thanking subs and donors.

Yeah, this is a big reason that he is so successful is that he interacts like a champ. Somehow I find it much less grating than what feels like "fake nice" of someone like CohhCarnage who is a little over the top with subs/donos. Summit made it so you had to donate $50+ to get it on screen the other night and people were STILL donating with troll/nonsense stuff for $50. Amazing.

Tekopo posted:

The worst stream I've seen of PUBG was DrDisRespectLive, which I turned off in under 2 minutes.

Yeah... I keep hearing how entertaining he is but holy poo poo. Every time he dies it's a "poo poo game" and not his fault. Maybe that's his schtick but it doesn't appeal to me at all.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I could never stream this game, I don't know how so many people do it. Running around makes me so hyper vigilant that I would be silent the whole time in case I missed the brushing of a blade of grass that meant someone was sneaking up on me.

Related, I have been having a weird bug where distant gunshots will play the "brass hitting the floor" sound at full volume. It wigs me the hell out because I think there is someone right next to me.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

beejay posted:

Yeah... I keep hearing how entertaining he is but holy poo poo. Every time he dies it's a "poo poo game" and not his fault. Maybe that's his schtick but it doesn't appeal to me at all.

That is the worst. The super competitive whiny guys are awful. I found some British guy playing it yesterday who seemed pretty good humored, "Runningdayz" or something?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I enjoy watching TimTheTatman stream with LETSGOCHAMP cus Tim constantly lies to Champ about how many people he's killed, what he's found, etc. It's hilarious. And neither of them can drive the cars so when they get in squads, the other 2 people they're playing with are constantly subjected to Tim driving off cliffs and getting stuck on rocks.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

Turd Herder posted:

Noob tip: Don't spawn almost naked. While it may seem edgy you limit your carry capacity . Coats, shirts, pants all have carry capacity in game.

I'm pretty sure this isn't accurate -- just tested this in game and shirts, gloves, coats, etc. have a capacity listed, but that number is how much capacity they would take up if you could carry them in your bags. Anything that has a + <number> such as the belt and backpack will increase your capacity. So, as far as I know, the belt and the military vests increase capacity besides the backpack, but that's it. The vests and the belt both add +50 capacity.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
performance aside, is there any downside to having high settings enabled? Like could someone play the game at lowest settings possible to spot people easier? I've had this problem in a few games where I feel like I'm being sneaky but I'm called out because none of that stuff actually renders at distance if someone is playing on low.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

buglord posted:

performance aside, is there any downside to having high settings enabled? Like could someone play the game at lowest settings possible to spot people easier? I've had this problem in a few games where I feel like I'm being sneaky but I'm called out because none of that stuff actually renders at distance if someone is playing on low.

Yeah, currently foliage doesn't show up on the low settings but that's something they're looking into.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

People are saying if you turn off shadows and foliage to the lowest setting it makes people easy to spot. I don't bother because I'd rather my game not look 2005-era for a slight tactical advantage.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

AndrewP posted:

People are saying if you turn off shadows and foliage to the lowest setting it makes people easy to spot. I don't bother because I'd rather my game not look 2005-era for a slight tactical advantage.

Yeah I feel this goes into turbo-sperg category, but it makes it less enjoyable to focus on concealment because the shadows and non-tree foliage around you doesnt actually exist.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

AndrewP posted:

You basically can't hill peak anyone because of the grass if you don't turn foliage down. Good luck.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Are there any bugs with this game and audio with headphones? I use bluetooth headphones and I feel like I can barely hear any footsteps. Once in awhile I will hear the super-quiet pattering of footsteps (and have no idea which way its coming from), but for the most part I won't hear anything just chilling in a house and then somebody will step out of a room from a foot away and blast me with zero sound indications that somebody was here or walked in.

Edit: top post on the PUBG subreddit is 'Directional sound is awful'

Atheist Sunglasses fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 28, 2017

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Today's lesson: don't underestimate the humble UMP, especially tricked out with silencer, 4x scope, and vertical grip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Today I learned that shotguns can punch holes through doors, much to my delight and the guy hiding in the bathroom's horror.

• Locked thread