Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I've noticed something peculiar about my really successful (Winning, 7+ kills) runs.

Is the M16 considered a better rifle than the others? I've had a ton more success with it compared to the M4, AKM or SCAR.

Even fully tricked out SCARs and M4s seem to fail me in critical moments, not sure why this is. I'm not particularly skilled in modern day shooters like this. (Am at 50 hours of playtime, leading distant targets is still janky and difficult)

Also, I want to moan about how little damage the revolver seems to do per second compared to the other pistols. I want that thing to be a death cannon, baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Kinda wish I enabled shadowplay so I could catch moments in solo such as:

Less than 10 people left and I use my motorcycle to fly off an invisible rock into the tree line, dismount 20 feet up in the air before it slams into a tree, and shotgun someone in the face before I land and break my legs.

Now that I type it out it sounds absolutely impossible and absurd.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Hate games that end in military base, it's impossible to approach without trying to guess where silenced shots could possibly be coming from

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
So is there a faster way to drop other than pointing directly down and holding W? People drop a solid two seconds faster than me routinely. It's infuriating.

I'm just going to avoid all the cities and go for the stupid houses out in the middle of nowhere.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I finally get my hands on a Groza and a suppressor in the same game and I blow it in a house siege by someone jigglepeeking a doorway.

Dangit.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
FPP seems so much harder to do well in recently.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Xenaero posted:

FPP seems so much harder to do well in recently.

Oh they added MMR lol im hosed

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Doorknob Slobber posted:

holy gently caress i finally got fog just now it does exist, hahaha the fog sound is soooo stupid

It is absolutely divine for crossbow assassinations, however.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I say "Guys on the top of the hill" a lot, haha

I have began to look quickly at the minimap as soon as someone makes a call and then figure it out from there, though. The directional pointer helps a lot.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I think the same system was used in R6: Siege, and that did a terrible job.

Well, I have more important things to worry about, like not running into things at mach 74 on a motorcycle and exploding

Had my map open and ran into a UAZ I didn't see

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Back to back solo fog games, lost both in the final 1v1 to some guy having a seizure jigglepeeking, it's super annoying to try to fight

It doesn't seem humanly possible but anything's possible in the realm of video games

I just came here to bitch because the second time around made me totally lose my cool

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Athanatos posted:

Sometimes you just need to kill 10 out of the last 12 guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6KBQHuxF9g&t=250s

Solid play. The last two fights were intense.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Samopsa posted:

Go drop in some medium zones like pochinki, gatka, shooting range, stabler, prison to get into some early combat to get out of your funk.
Also, stop looting after you get some basic gear and just go hunting fools. If you're on the offensive you can surprise quite a lot of players.

Players like me who wait for the circle to shrink and then jump out of a blood soaked house to find a player prone waiting for me for like 8 minutes.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Circlefucked the whole game and then some guy with twitch in his username gets a bead on me, gdi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Zsinjeh posted:

link that poo poo, let's see how owned you got :smug:

Ah I dont remember the part after "twitch-", it was like minizw or something. But yea, I got rocked. I was crossing to houses in military as the circles got pretty small, so I had no chance against any entrenched enemies :(

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Shame the FPS genre is just so vulnerable to a wide variety of cheats.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I want a VSS buff. I really want it to be my short range murder device.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Got my first kill on someone still chuting, pretty funny to see the on hands and knees model pose mid-air

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Herstory Begins Now posted:

It seems like PUBG might have a little bit of a problem with hackers rn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGRmK55WvaU

Ran into a speedhacker not too long ago, pretty sure that fist coming at me at mach 27 gave me a concussion in real life

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

cougar cub posted:

Equalization makes my headset buzz no matter the volume settings. Kinda annoying but footsteps go BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Sound mod replaces footsteps with black eyed peas song beats

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Performed a colossal fuckup. Queued into squads solo, got 18 frags, 4 remain. 1v3 no big deal right? Kitted out, Level 3s, SKS and M4 hot and ready. Roll up on one guy, turns out I still had SKS out from my last fight instead of my M4 death machine.

Got shredded. gently caress.

Won a duos game tho, 9 frags, it ended on the north side of Stalber, of all places. So every battle at the end was on the slope o' the mountain. The last couple groups were prone all over the place, it's a marvel how they missed so much and let us live. Slammed a kar98 shell into someone's helmet from 5 meters away, that made me giggle.

Very good games on the 15th.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
God drat, 8 kills in a hospital bloodbath.

I've never come out on top in a hot drop zone before, that felt wild from start to finish. Wish the entire game was at that blistering pace.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Turn down your volume

I hope that this solution has helped

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Hello

Is it me you're looking for?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'd laugh if anyone prominent got busted for anything aim related as a cheat, it's way too obvious. If you got a few brain cells you can hide a wallhack real well. That intel in a shooter is all you need, and no one will be the wiser.

VulgarandStupid posted:

We've already discussed this and it's literally an advertisement for cheats. WG is short for "selling cheats" and qun is a URL shortening thing, similar to something like bitly or tinyurl. They specifically target the NA Solo leaderboards since anyone who wants to look at their own stats has to see NA Solo, as it's the first one that pops up. If you re-ordered the regions alphabetically, they'd be less inclined to cheat on NA and hopefully stay more on AS.

I always figured it was something like a internet cafe name? Dunno why I'm surprised. Clever stuff.

drat shame it came to this though. Shooter games have become increasingly easy to develop cheats for. Or rather, the amount of people who will actually pay to cheat in a multiplayer game has risen enough to bring demand to this point. It ain't even remotely in the shadows anymore.

The one way fence thing tho, that's wild. I thought I've run into this once but dismissed it as a visual glitch and I missed a lot. Goodness gracious.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 21, 2017

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Odobenidae posted:

The blue zone should be a physical barrier. That way if you can't find a car you just get pushed to the new circle anyways. Also the blue circle will move you so fast at times that you will take damage from colliding into buildings and trees.

Hahaha slingshot all the way in from the first circle at mach 17

Goodness that'd be a treat to see at the edge of the white

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Are there some fog tricks? I think I was on the receiving end of something that let people see through fog clearer.

Teammates telling me that they're dead center in my screen, get fuckin blasted without seeing a shape. I guess it's possible they were prone.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Dryb posted:

Every once in a while you get lucky and kill them. Treasure these moments forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdnYkpbm7bk

Did you talk mad poo poo when you toggled it back to all voice

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bhodi posted:

hope the next pubg [...] has bc2 style spotting triangles

gently caress yes, bc2 anything in pubg would be amazing

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
7 kills in a fog solo game, what a heart pounder. Had to go hunting for all the cowardly snakes in the grass.

Had zero kills coming out of a 2~2.5km drop from power, and stalked a guy for two whole circles. Amazed it paid off.

Kinda wanna squads but ain't no one around.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
That would be a kickass Star Wars game.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Dang look at how weird the terrain looks with zero plant life

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Since hits are client side would the cover even block shots? Whenever I had that bug where stuff didn't render in I could shoot people behind cover most of the time.

The cover is still there physically, it looks like it just screws with LOD, which overly simplified translation is if really far away objects render at x distance. Looks like they just turn it to like, 50 meters or something instead of the standard...1000? For example. If you scope in you'd see the cover pop into view all of a sudden.

Probably makes it absolute hell for driving with trees and rocks popping up everywhere instantly.

Guessing all this will get patched real soon with the test serv update.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

revolther posted:

I've never been more disgusted than by hearing multiple people use the phrase, "Four Ecks". Perhaps you meant a four times magnification scope, or 4 times, the x doesn't make it sound cool.

The fact that everyone didn't rip apart whomever upon the first utterance means you couldn't have been playing with goons.

In order of potency, my friends terminology

Worst Scope
Dots
Toox
Forks
Sniper Elite
Sniper Elite DLC

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Rite Of Massage posted:

i just played ring around the rosie with a 4 person squad and killed them all with an uzi. i really wish i shadowplayed it because it was probably the best moment of my pubg career.

I had a similar moment earlier but with a suppressed autoshottie.

poo poo was awesome.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Weird argument to make since they just whipped this title up and it became the #1 most played game on the PC. Hilarious to think about. They got more money than they know what to do with, with zero real roadmap. I don't think tracking revenue is as nearly a big concern to them as logistics.

They sent out baby's first shooter and got handed back a nuclear bomb.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Got shot out of the air in a fog game

JuliaShen8888 is an excellent p92 sniper

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Circle sure doesn't gently caress around anymore with damage

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

DrNutt posted:

Are the fpp servers still completely random matchmaking? I just played a top ten round with 5 kills but I had three rounds leading up to it with 0 kills and I'm trying to figure out if the fourth game was just luck or if I essentially pushed myself down into the tard bracket with those other games.

You know honestly I'm really wondering if there's any MM at all. One game I'm in with a bazillion idiots, then the next I'm falling to DrDisrespect. Very large descrepancy in general between my games. I'm at 200 hours. So I'm still fairly new to the subgenre of battle royale. read: I'm not great, but there's PLENTY of data for it to tell me to not be matched with ppl who play this for a living on stream, you dig?

The idea that there's the same people queuing up with streamers and reliably getting in the same exact games over and over despite said streamers / good players getting a dozen kills and the stream snipers dying real soon adds credence to this.

I think it's mostly random, there's loose MM. But it's not NEARLY as strict as ranked MM in multiple other modern shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Getting better at sending people to the shadow realm with a k98

Getting worse at being inside the circle

f.

• Locked thread