Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

N256 posted:

Dragging it to 100 in the game won't set it to 100. It'll be like 100.03 and still look like poo poo and gives you a small framerate hit. You need to type it in in the config files.

Where are these?

Also while I'm playing, sometimes when I open my inventory I get a 2-5 second freeze and goddamn does that suck when I've dropped on the same house as some other guy. Is there a fix for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Taffer posted:

AppData/Local/TslGame/Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor/GameUserSettings.txt -> ScreenScale=100.0

Neat! Are there any nonstandard settings people are recommending? Usually with games that have config files like this some grognard has torn them apart for 5% more frames

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ah, hmm. I thought these were pretty rare, two in one pile. (I was later headshot by an uzi.)

Also, first chicken dinner today, yay

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

I don't see anything in the OP regarding the question, other than "these areas have more buildings and thus a better raw chance of getting something"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Since the last patch, whenever I hit the opening splashscreen (with the line of people at the bottom, etc) it lasts 2-3 minutes rather than 2-3 seconds like it used to. Just 'Connected, waiting for server...' while my team yells at me to ready up and/or I want to get back into the game to Super Meat Boy myself again. Any idea what the deal is?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

MysteriousStranger posted:

I get poo poo FPS on a 7700k, 970gtx, 16gb, intel SSD 750, at all settings.

Steam->PubG ->Rightclick-Properties->General->Set Launch Options...

code:
-maxMem=7168 -malloc=system -USEALLAVAILABLECORES
That maxMem is for 8 GB of ram, you may need to edit as needed. I got a sizeable performance boost on a very similar system

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Hockles posted:

What does it do normally if you don't add that command line ?

Perform worse

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Helter Skelter posted:

Well, of those, -USEALLAVAILABLECORES is the only one that theoretically does anything at all, as the other two were command line switches for ArmA-engine games.

All I know is I got a substantive boost from using it

Now when I die, it's my fault! :downs101:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I wish there were at least SOME after-action reports at the end of the game. I love seeing data like that, like "here's the trail you took to the end of the game, where your kills were, the ranges, what damage you took/dealt, distance traveled by foot/vehicle that round (your numbers, average all players, highest/lowest), which weapons scored the most kills that round..."

If I had my way you'd have 10 pages of data you could leaf through at your leisure, but I wish there was at least something.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

I have dreamed of doing this ever since seeing people crowbar their friends in the front seat during those Weekly Roundups (or whatever). I keep shadowplay on in the hopes that someone will try to run me over and I'll jump into their car and pan them. Someday~

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Antares posted:

got my first solo win in FPP. guessing where the final circle will be seems like an insanely strong strategy

You know what's even better? Already being in the final circle 2+ collapses out

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Chard posted:

Used to be/still is a trick, if you hit max fall speed and let off W just as you cross the white line, then jam back on it a second later, you will drop farther.

All you have to do is have ~0 horizontal velocity and you get a hard drop (your chute opens but you decelerate much slower, so you get lower faster). Combine with spiraling in after a few seconds (holding W+(A||D) once you hit ~70kph) for fastest ground approach.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Cardboard box and crayons mode!

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Bohemian Nights posted:

how did you unlock google earth VR mode for pubg

My FPP games are frequently plagued by such bugs, this was a new one (I get invisible building pretty often too)

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Just had a game where my teammate, with "two" alive, searched the play area for a minute before the play area collapsed again to zero and killed him. GOTY :mad:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

VulgarandStupid posted:

He was underground.

Nah

Edit: Unless there's a lot more underground than I thought

There was exactly enough room to squeak around that little wall into the courtyard, grenade the guy in the shack, and then spend 45 sec scouring the area for nobody.

VVV Weak VVV

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 14, 2017

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Out of curiosity, how does falling into water work in regards to fall damage? Is it safe to bail off the side of the bridge if the alternative is being shot?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Sound is how I spot 75% of my enemies

On the other hand I'm visually spotted and demolished from 200m away most games

Mistle posted:

This is pro 3pp strat, as you can freelook with your dub shotty pointed right at the door, and then snap back to drop a chump who walks in the wrong building

Heck, you can fire while freelooking; your cursor doesn't move. You can straight-up shoot someone behind your back Army of Darkness style.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Recently had a game where someone lands near me, we both run into a nearby house. No weapons. I decide to run to another house for weapons, she decides to run me down and punch me to death. I run into a building and tightly round corners to lose her and get an uzi; as soon as I turn back to face her it's a cartoonish about-face running chase, complete with running straight past some rando third party who misses three shotgun bursts and gets the heck uzi'd outta him (along with my chase-ee)

Later I hear someone coming, and hide by a stone wall. I prep to fire just as they clear the wall, and... I get to hear them botch the jump four times in a row.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

I like how he blacked out the info pane under the health bar, completely forgetting about his name being in the inventory (and youtube thumbnail now that I look at it)

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I wish it wasn't a full minute for game warmup. I want to Super Meat Boy this poo poo

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Confer posted:

Does jumping and hitting in the face do more damage then a regular punch?

It's like 80 damage with a flying iron fist to the face, any followup (or prior) hit will finish them off. I took 99% damage from one guy's S12K before landing an iron fist once :getin:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Tonetta posted:

for those of you who are using the new shadowplay feature, you have to click save on each clip to actually retain them all. Also, it will pick up discord in the clips.

Okay I haven't been able to get this to work at all. This is some poorly-documented and well-hidden poo poo. Is there a step-by-step for dummies guide on this? I'm at my wits end for just pressing buttons to try to get it to work.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

WirelessPillow posted:

In Shadowplay menu make sure Highlight is set to "on" (Alt+Z - Options - Highlights)
Then in PUBG go to the menu and set Highlights to "on".
When you enter a lobby for the first time after both of these are on a prompt comes up asking if you want to use the highlight feature.

Didn't know there was also a setting in-game, went through the overlay twenty times. But it's greyed out! Why? :saddowns:
Only thing I could think would cause that is 'incompatible video card' but I have a GTX 970 sooooo :(

Edit: Looks like I had to update my drivers twice. Cool.
AARUGH THAT DIDN'T FIX IT EITHER :byodood:

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 22, 2017

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

WirelessPillow posted:

The only requirement I can find is this "To activate ShadowPlay Highlights in PUBG you’ll need to update to the latest version of PUBG, have GeForce Experience 3.8 or higher, and have a GeForce GTX graphics card."
https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-adds-shadowplay-highlights-and-hbao-plus

Ah, turns out it should be working for Win7, but isn't. Thanks comments on that page and literally nowhere else

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
OO There's an extreme fight over there! Look at these two players, master of their craft, duking it out on the razor's edge! Not sure why we're watching this guy in a warehouse, can we get a camera on those two? Oh they died.
[repeat x6]

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Fun fact: If you're in the front-passenger seat of a car and hold a flashbang until it goes off in your hands, everyone in the car is blinded except you :eng101:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Hm good point I guess it would be hard to both positively influence generating kills and still have the "winner take all."

Have the scaling kill reward with a flat 100 point Dinner award. It would be hard but insurmountable to pass with kill points, and over 3-5 rounds the kills add up.

Edit: with a 1 point per 2% of game survived (Dinner being automatic +50)

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 24, 2017

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
You should be able to dynamite-fish players with frag/stun grenades

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

cosmicjim posted:

How about this?
gently caress the points system. A win means you win, but you need a tiebreaker. So if there are 3 rounds, 2 wins is automatic. If you have 3 winners, then use kills as a tiebreaker. That would mean when someone wins round one, that person will become very aggressive to get kills. After round two you will have 2 people being very aggressive for kills in the 3rd round. If you don't get any kills in the first two rounds, you might not be able to beat the winner of round one or two because you weren't aggressive enough. The ramifications are people will take some chances to at least get some kills, but I'm still playing to win.....

okay so game 1 has 0 aggressive players not hiding in the ocean, game 2 has one aggressive player...

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'd like to see Binoculars added in 8x/12x/15x flavors (bonus 6x w/rangefinder), and Directional Microphone (fits in pistol slot) with 100m base range with 200m/300m/400m range addon dishes laying around, and maybe a Spike Strip you can throw across roads (main weapon slot); more tools and support things in general.

I'd also like to see more useless/borderline weapons just to fill out the roster and make for good kill videos, like Sock Full Of Nickels and M1915 CSRG

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 25, 2017

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Everyone says solo vs squads is the way to go? Okay

*tries it, drops on school*
*literally only one person with me, dies instantly when shot (no KO)*

goty

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

In for an exciting day in school

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
It's 50 times more likely that they are worried about people becoming stuck or falling out of the map, either of which will end your game in the absolute worst way

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Hooplah posted:

Gotta blitz france

:eyepop:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://gfycat.com/DecentAnimatedHen

Hecking embeds

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 19, 2017

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Ashrik posted:

Is a tactical reload one where you reload before the magazine is empty? Does that change the speed of the reload? I'm not familiar with this concept.

Correct, most weapons need extra time to chamber the first round, like drawing the slide on a pistol or the first pump of the shotgun. Tactical reloads don't have that extra timer.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Zzulu posted:

Well I played my first few games. The very first game I ran into a house a few seconds after touching ground and a guy shot me dead with a shotgun. I actually made it to nr.6 on my 2nd game, mostly because i never encountered any of the other players lol. I shot a guy with an uzi at the end and got gunned down by another guy behind me

I don't really know which guns are good/better than others so when i find cool gear I don't always know if I should switch it out

Also is there a way to vault over fences/tiny walls and poo poo? I can't get over so many fences in this game :negative:

My advice on getting used to the weapons: use and kit out the first things you find, and have an AR-- don't switch things in and out. Eventually you'll learn what weapons you like and can use reliably. Literally every weapon can kill a person in under a second (and most can kill within the 200ms human reaction time) so ease and comfort of use is paramount to DPS.

Vaulting is coming in the 1.0 patch tonight (or is on the test server right now)

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 20, 2017

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

yup, happening to me. if I smash a bunch of buttons on my keyboard usually the UI will come back but just gives an error when I try to connect to a game again so I have to close out anyways

For me it's just "wait [random 1-70] seconds"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Grimwall posted:

Melee is terrible in this game, only try it when you absolutely, positively need to.

The exception is the pan, which not only does more damage than the rest but also provides you with indestructible butt armor.

Melee weapons swing slower than Punch, and don't get the jump bonus Punch does, and a Jump-Headpunch deals 90 damage, enough that any followup slap will kill.

• Locked thread