Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Just placed 3rd on my third solo game. The gunplay feels fantastic compared to all the similar games. Runs pretty okay on my moderately old PC with a 1060 slapped in it. The rubber banding got pretty bad towards the end of the match though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Does anyone know what the yellow segments mean above your health? Are they armour?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Rite Of Massage posted:

if you have played any milsim, ttk isn't really an issue for this game. body armor and helmets save you from most surprises when in cover. pretty much gotta play smart and not expose yourself (if you can help it).

i still don't quite understand the distances in this game so zeroing and leading are kinda still off for me, but just you wait until i start getting 1km+ awm kills.

positioning is king so if you find yourself frequently walking into unfortunate situations, perhaps you should plan better gamer :)

Each small square grid on the map is 100m.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I turn voice chat off in the plane then back on when I hit the ground. It can be fun to yell at people chasing you. Once time I got into a fight with a guy and he disappeared. I said "where the heck did you go?" over voice and he responded "oh god you can talk" From the volume I could tell he was directly on the other side of the wall inside the house. He told me I didn't want to do what I was about to do then he killed me in one shot through the window with a shotgun.

He was right..

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Got my first solo win :D The third kill was kind of bullshit for the other guy because I saw his suppressor sticking through the door of the room he was hiding in.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Sometimes its the little things that annoy the hell out of me but I know it's hopefully going to get fixed. I heard fast moving footsteps outside the building I was in so I knew there was a guy out there. In the split second that I looked out the window he managed to sprint up the stairs, open the door and shoot me in the back without me hearing a single loving thing. I guess having your back to a door means it makes no noise? :psyduck:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Of course the day after my audio complaint the fixed patch drops which fixes all the issues. The bullet snaps seriously shake you up if you're not prepared and doors & footsteps are really audible now.

I had a game where I heard a crack then a snap from behind me so I quickly dove to cover. I saw a guy running over the crest of a hill to take cover behind a buggy. I tagged him with a shotgun then pulled out a grenade and threw it just in time to see the grenade that he threw sail through the air so I had time to sprint the gently caress away while he and the buggy blew up :haw:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I think I vastly prefer the final engagements of the game to take place in the dense urban jungle of the cities. The mad dash for the safe zone at the final moments combined with the close quarters action makes it much more tense and enjoyable. A lot more than trying to run across open fields with absolutely no cover or concealment. Just played a duo with my pal and came 3rd with an 8 kill streak all with the hunting shotgun w/ a choke. That thing is a laser death cannon sentence.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Video Nasty posted:

I escaped a bomb area just in time and ran into a nearby house. Collected some things and as I walked out, I saw someone parachuting in. This had to have been at least five minutes into the match. I opened fire a couple times to try and hit them, but got sniped from someone else because I exposed myself. :(
Really wish there was a kill cam of some kind to see how where they got the drop on me so I can learn for next time. Great fun in this game so far!

Are you sure that wasn't a supply drop? :ohdear:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Akion posted:

How long after I die does my voice still transmit? Like if I want to talk poo poo to the guy that shot me as I am being looted, for example.

I think for at least a few seconds? I remember getting killed in the final few people the other day and being..quite cross you'd say? And the other guy responded with "geez man calm down is gg" so I know he at least heard me :goleft:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Akion posted:

I like being super nice in games like this. Puts people off for some reason.

Usually on the plane in I'm like "I want you all to know that no matter what happens I love you and think you are good people".

Then when someone kills me it's usually "Man. That was a good shot!" or similar.

My favorite during gunfights is "Hey! Come on man! Can't we just hug this out?"

Oh yeah I'm not the kind of guy to rage out and smash controllers because I lose. But because this is such a competitive and adrenaline fuelled game I'll call a guy a loving oval office if I die behind while I'm in cover due to lag comp.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Wonder how they're going to balance it since the vector is designed to minimise recoil and muzzle climb.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

All of those patch notes are fantastic. They addressed practically everything that needed to be addressed with the current state of the game and made nothing but quality of life improvements to the gameplay.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

There's only been 2 instances where I've used stun grenades. One against a guy in a small room and he got hosed up by the double shotgun. The second time was a guy hiding behind a tree who got some hits on me. I threw it and it landed behind the tree and blew up maybe less than a foot to his right and it did jack poo poo to him because he destroyed me when i went to rush him.

I had a friend throw one at me and it turns your screen 100% white and makes your ears ring for around 5 seconds so they are super effective when they work.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

New patch owns. Just got my third solo win with a UMP w/ aimpoint scope.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

A fully kitted out vector is honestly a beast. Just loving throws rounds down range and deletes people at 50m.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I'm really not liking the new weapon spawning weights. Even in the dense towns basically nothing spawns, not even loving pistols and you have to get insanely lucky to even get an SMG. Then someone luckier than you comes along with an assault rifle and there's nothing you can do.

Even in the military loot areas you can get hosed. One game I parachuted onto the roof of the 3 story building in the crater. The only thing in the entire building was a 1911. That's it. There were a million attachments but gently caress all else.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I'd be happy if I even found an UMP in high % military spawn areas :smith:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Dropped onto the warehouse on Rozhok and grabeed a micro uzi. Killed a guy who was sprinting for the shotgun in the same warehouse. In the next house I found a surpressor. Decided to ditch my usual loadout of rifle + 686 and went fuckin rambo with the uzi.

:getin:

Then I died gunning for a supply drop. The guy 1 shot me with an S12K because my armour was ruined but I was a hairs breadth from killing him though.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I tried the barefoot thing for a couple of rounds and the crouch walk sound is the same as if you're wearing shoes.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Me and a friend dropped onto rozhok and found like 5+ AKMs, couple of m16s, a scar and a couple of SKS. Loot bug fixed?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

We dropped on the same town the next game and found nothing but uzis and one akm + m16. Maybe not fixed? Or unlucky? Hard to say at this point!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

When the leaderboards got fixed I went from around the mid 3,000 to rank 215 :eyepop:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Game was laggy as absolute gently caress today and I died from falling while inside a house fighting a guy?? I think he threw a grenade and because grenades are buggy as gently caress it moved my model a million miles an hour into a wall and I died.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Open as many chests as you want to be able to sell the crap on the steam marketplace then buy the poo poo you want.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The only time I've heard the kind of horrible voice chat spam the games known for was playing on the NA servers. So it's just y'all crass rear end Americans :shrug:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Maybe emergency crash fix? I know I've had a CTD with an actual error box pop up and one of my friends has too.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

drat memory crashes and CTDs out the rear end now. You can tell its coming because the ambient wind/rain audio cuts out then you crash about 10 seconds later.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

fyallm posted:

I use in ear buds... will the modmic just go over my ear or do I have to be wearing headphones?

A modmic on earbuds would be quit something. They have a little adhesive pad on them that you stick to the side of your headphones. I have one with a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770's and its amazing how much better it is than every ~gaming~ headset on the market.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Sick of losing gunfights because the other guy has a higher loving ping :negative:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Solo win #4 and man does it feel good, I've been chasing it for 2 days. Got 2 3rd and a 2nd place yesterday and a 5th place a few games ago. Got it in the dumbest way too. Drove my dacia around in circles during the 2nd to last phase and managed to run a guy over then parked it on the edge of the circle. Then during the last phase I got in and drove around in circles to find where the last 2 guys were shooting me from, skidded behind a tree and popped them both with a silenced UMP.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The lord chanka/PUBG crossover is complete.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Bardeh posted:

Queue Euro servers - there's a dude crawling on the ground singing 'I'm a snakey snake, come and join my snakey snake line'. 20 people join the snake line, laughing and chatting. :3:

I've seen this as well. EU server is generally really quiet or people doing silly snake things. One time there was a guy blasting lines from the bandits in STALKER so the plane was full of CHEEKI BREEKI every few seconds it was pretty great.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Bushes are the best strat. Just had a game where a guy flopped prone about 3m infront of me during the final 5. He had absolute no chance when I popped out and dinked the gently caress out of him. To his defence it was raining and people don't know about bush strats yet.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I don't think there's any secret headphone EQ trick. Try to move your camera left/right when you hear gunshots till the audio is coming from both channels so you can pinpoint the exact direction.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The last time I got a crate it only had a k98k with 2 boxes of ammo, a level 3 backpack and a syringe. Not even a scope for the kar!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah I wouldn't mind if the crates were a little more hefty on average considering the amount of risk you're taking on to get them.

Then when anyone else gets one they always get a drat awp.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Solo dinner #5 and man does it taste as sweet as the first time. Got a 500m+ headshot kill too and the final circle ended up on the beach east of primorsk so I got in my car and did circles around the area to try and flush out the last guy because I didn't know what hut he was hiding in and it worked. Pulled up and we had a sniping war till he died to the zone. Slightly less satisfying than killing him but chicken's chicken.

e: I've noticed that suppressors can spawn on the balcony on certain buildings but they don't show up and you can't loot them :ohdear:

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 3, 2017

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Captain Hair posted:

This might not be right right place to ask but I'm in a bit of a hurry, my nephew really wants this game and I got sent a %25 off voucher through good old games.

If I buy it through gog with my voucher will I just get a game serial key I can send him it to activate on his steam account?

Thanks fellas.

I'm sure you mean Greenmangaming! But yeah GMG just give you a steam key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Blowing up the car for the win was the best way it could have gone.

• Locked thread