Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
I've been burning entire days to this game, which is something I can't say I've really done for 10+ years. It's very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
I tend to be more of a fan of working the rim of the circle and planning my move until the last possible second. That way I can essentially ensure nobody is behind me and I have only one front. Whenever I get to the middle of the circle and fortify up I find that I get caught in the middle of a few people/squads and die.

I've won both ways, though -- part of the charm of this game is that there doesn't seem to be a set strategy quite yet.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
I've hated the previous games in this genre except for the very early Day Z mod for ArmA II, but for some reason this game sticks and is a blast.

If you're not typically the biggest fan of this genre but are interested -- definitely give it a shot. Worst case scenario you can return it through Steam.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

VikingSkull posted:

Hopefully they'll do a traditional style shooter grouping of 50 vs 50, I think that'd be chaos.

My buddies and I were thinking that ten 10-man teams would be super cool too. I really like the idea.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

Turd Herder posted:

Noob tip: Don't spawn almost naked. While it may seem edgy you limit your carry capacity . Coats, shirts, pants all have carry capacity in game.

I'm pretty sure this isn't accurate -- just tested this in game and shirts, gloves, coats, etc. have a capacity listed, but that number is how much capacity they would take up if you could carry them in your bags. Anything that has a + <number> such as the belt and backpack will increase your capacity. So, as far as I know, the belt and the military vests increase capacity besides the backpack, but that's it. The vests and the belt both add +50 capacity.

• Locked thread