Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm brand new to the game, is there a good cheatsheet out there for what guns I should keep/trade out for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

TJChap2840 posted:

All of those things could be considered conscious design decisions and not evidence of "early access"

Also, the fact that content is being added isn't unique to early access as well.

Them not being included isn't a "conscious design decision" because everything in that list is actively and openly under development to be added to the game in the future.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I didn't realize I did not have loudness equalization turned enabled on my headset. I enabled it so that I can hear all those precious directional sounds without bullets deafening me.

And now every moment of the game is god drat terrifying. Walking through a house with loud footsteps in my ears having to remind myself that it's just my own feet. I'm on edge all the time.
Wait doesn't that gently caress you over about how far away sounds are, since they're all equalized to the same volume regardless of distance?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Congratulations PUBG on setting a new record for most concurrent players for any game ever on Steam with a peak of 1,349,584 (beating Dota 2's previous record of 1,291,328). It's also sold over 10 million copies!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
They're talking about their license to the engine, dude, not an IP.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It'd definitely feel a lot less skeezy if it was straight-up a new game from Epic instead of tacked on to a free-to-play game that was nothing like PUBG in any shape or form before the mode got added.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

daslog posted:

Settings are all on very low. I was not raging when the streak started but people can tilt in different ways.

In terms of choppyness it's hard to tell when you don't have a reference point. I do notice things move slowly when i try to loot. For example if im trying to loot 5 items I have to "reloot" at least two of them because they will snap back to their original spot.

There have been moments where players will just appear out of nowhere and get a shot off before i even see them.

What's your connection like?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Never go to reddit.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Combat Pretzel posted:

So, uh, what's with these idlers? They just join the game to collect token amounts of points, to eventually get a bunch of reward boxes with generally lovely items that sell for nickels? They're hoping to win the lottery for a rare item? Of which I still understand how they're valued that high?

It's gold farming in MMOs in a slightly different format.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
If you make a pubg highlight video everyone is just going to compare you to the ones that dearsomeone puts out and that is a high level to get on.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Kill cams are a really good addition and I hope they synch much better when they go live.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It's going to be nice when killcams are on live and you can actually confirm or deny the skill of the person who got you

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I want a snowy map, with rideable skilifts and gondolas

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I didn't know you could carry extra guns.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Grimwall posted:

Huh, apparently Dr. Disrespect cheated on his wife and is taking some time off, complete with a tearful public breakdown on stream.

That trending gamer vote keeps picking real winners, huh

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Things were bad, but the protections were there to keep them from getting worse. And they can, and will, if the repeal doesn't get stopped by all those lawsuits.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Looks like the dude had spotted you for a good while before the clip started, in my opinion. If he was cheating I'd imagine he would have prioritized the person closer to him running between the two of you.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Congratulations on being literally the first person I've seen who doesn't love the new map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
If you bold the word fact does that make your argument more true?

• Locked thread