Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Demo recording is a UE4 feature, so I'm pretty sure they should be able to avoid messing that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
What breakdown did grimmmz have? Was it the trying to get people banned thing?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Saw something similar at least a few patches ago where someone couldn't get into the car and we all had to get out to fix it, no explosions though.

Double Bill posted:

Doc at least pretty openly hates the game, mostly due to desync/lag. There's just not many alternatives around that draw the same kind of viewership.

My favourite doc clip is the one where he potatoes almost every shot at very close range with an AKM against a guy who is strafing side to side a bit and he starts screaming about how lovely a game it is and says the guy was rubberbanding allover the place.

My other favourite is the one where he gets banned after TKing someone.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Bhodi posted:

I hope cacti do damage when you bump against them

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

OxySnake posted:

I found that map on reddit and my new early strat is to jump to a spawn for one and take it from there. Being able to go across any large opening and have a shot at surviving is easily the most important thing.

Shooting mans good is the most important thing.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I'd say it's even better in solos, because if you can land that headshot you've actually killed someone(usually) instead of merely having knocked them down for a teammate to pick up.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
The different lighting on characters on the main menu might mean that the cameltoes were always there.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

chesnok posted:

This M-rated video game about people violently murdering each other has VAGINA modeled on female player models.
Alarm! Stop the presses!

odiv posted:

It's probably a losing battle at this point, but that's not a vagina.

It's probably not any consolation but if you wanted an example of a time when this was actually done; the "cinematic mod" for HL2, famous mostly for it's extremely weird feminine babyfaced Dr Breen had a female character modelled all the way up to the cervix.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Wasn't there something about posting the link to report people in chat whenever he cried foul so his viewers could report whoever killed him too?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
It's not damage control, this is for new console purchases, it's them hoping it'll be something of a killer app that will shift console units over the holidays while people are still hyped about PUBG.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Three-Phase posted:

Geez, so depending on the weapon you need to lead and adjust for elevation a lot more... I had no idea it was on a per-weapon basis too...

100m/s is a huge exaggeration of how slow the bullets are.

AKM 715m/s
K98 760m/s
SCAR 870m/s

The only time you're going to be in awe at comically slow projectiles is when trying to hit players at the edge of the render distance with a VSS.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Tab8715 posted:

So...

Why may I use the 8x and 15x on the M416, SCAR and AK-47 but not the M16?

Presumably there was too much overlap in performance between it and the mini.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Xbox version is looking good

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Anime_Otaku posted:

How hard is the learning curve on this for people like me that are no good at things like CoD and prefer something like Overwatch or World of Tanks, I’m a Xbox player if that’s relevant. The game looks good but I don’t know if I’d get past the 90 players left mark.

It's a good and fun game with some occasional hurdles to the immense enjoyment and doesn't really have much of a learning curve outside of non-hitscan weapons, but the console version might have a few hurdles too many to be worth it.

The game may be worth avoiding on xbone unless you have the One X because of the almost unplayably poor performance(15-20fps a lot of the time), it also doesn't have any aim assist on the console version last I checked, which has made for no small number of really badly embarrassing videos of people unable to hit eachother while standing 10 feet away.

Also loving up and dying early in this game is pretty punishing if you're playing with friends because you basically have to sit out the rest of the round unless they want to drop out, if the pain of not being able to respawn sounds like too much, on top of the downsides of suffering through the experience of PUBG on a console, then the game might not be for you.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Sometimes the people that do that issue chargebacks.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

krursk posted:

lagswitches (is that even a real thing?)

Lagswitching is something you can do in any game that is lax about how it handles huge latency spikes, usually it's only a problem in games where a player is designated as the host(console games).

What it looks like for the guy using a "lagswitch"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8LLZjYPSU

What it looks like for people on the other end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcvmfckM6P0

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Off topic, but as someone associated with the show, how sick is everyone of anything to do with the show being run into the ground?

Also that is cool as heck and I have subbed.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Paladin posted:

While we're making our PUBG Christmas wishes, I just want some IEDs. I see people drive by in these jeeps with three, four people in them...

RPG18

Single use/disposable with a tiny effective range.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
It feels like players get killed off way faster in the new map, which makes for a shittier mid-late game because you don't loving see anyone outside of the very early and very late game. It's ok to have the odd round like that but it feels like those rounds happen way too often, where it's like walking through a ghost town until the last few circles.

It's weird because there doesn't seem to be enough points on the map that should be so desirable that it warrants half the server almost immediately dying off trying to dominate them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

I see you've met the Christmas noobs too

it'll balance back out once they all get better/quit in frustration

It was like that back on the test servers, too.

• Locked thread