Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Bought this on a whim last night. It's pretty drat fun. I don't think I've made top 20 yet but I'm killing a decent number of people in solo matches at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

aunt jemima posted:

If you're not playing this game with the sole goal of making other people lose you're not having as much fun as you could be

I kind of want to do a roving squad that heads towards any gunfire they hear just to gently caress with people. You're gonna die a lot but it has the potential to be a lot of fun.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Pretty much everyone on the goon discord (maybe with a couple of exceptions?) is willing to play with people of any skill level. Worst case scenario you loot pinata when you get killed. Best case you revive some dudes and get a clutch kill or two. The squad learning curve is crazy, but in 10-20 games you'll be contributing to squads consistently.

The best is when everyone in your squad is terrible leading to amazingly terrible yet fun rounds.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://imgur.com/icELOuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK_zU6gkT8k

fknlo fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 10, 2017

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

nerve posted:

I can't tell whats going on in that video it's way too small!

fixed it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Just died by jumping out of my buggy at full speed. I was taking my hand off the keyboard to scratch my nose and accidentally brushed the use key for a pictosecond :cripes:

I bought a keyboard with the ultra sensitive cherry switches. I do a lot of unintentional things. I will jump at the worst possible moment because my thumb brushed the spacebar.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Probably had my best setup while going to the second circle solo last night. Vehicle next to my building, level 2+ everything but helmet, silencers, tons of ammo, meds, etc... Right as I'm about to start moving in some guy grabs the vehicle and doesn't die when I pump an m416 mag into it/him. So I have to hoof it. I die instantly about 30 seconds later to an M16 that I can only assume landed a couple of headshots from a burst. A+ would die again.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Red zone bombs have really weak saturation. I'm surprised at how simple it is to drive through active bombing.

Driving through the red zone yesterday killed 2 out of the 4 people in our car. Not sure if the 2 of us that didn't die even took any damage.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

fletcher posted:

Communication is so critical in this game. How do military guys call out enemy positions when they are driving around or on foot?

I'm guessing they don't say "I see a guy" and start shooting

In a vehicle they'll obviously use clock positions. If I'm calling traffic for military flight tests doing random maneuvering I'll use degrees from their position and distance since I have no clue if they're mid turn or something. On foot I have no clue. I'm assuming you'd use cardinal directions at that point but maybe not since you could get disoriented fairly easily if you weren't on a fixed position?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

thegoat posted:

https://twitter.com/BattleRoyaleMod/status/885446512825647107

Finally I can stop playing with all these bad players who abuse 3rd person

Is there a reason to ever be in 1st person on a regular server? Pretty much all the videos I see are in 3rd so I assume not.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

Here is another UMP endorsement video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159103949

UMP 2020

The UMP is great at close to mid range and the Uzi is insane at close range. SMG's are drat good, especially with an extended magazine. If there's a chance I'm still going to be going into buildings I prefer to have one.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

Shotguns are hot bullshit now https://streamable.com/lorz1

The server probably had them punching you in the head as you rounded the corner therefore never getting a shot off.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

:toot:

Silenced uzi in the middle of the field finished it for me. Last couple of circles were very favorable to the bush I was hiding in and people had to come to me.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFxORlwI9PM

:3:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

You don't even really need the ghillie for that either. My chicken dinner yesterday had me hanging out in a bush for like 10 minutes and the only reason one guy figured out where I was was because I kept shooting at him until he figured it out. Then another guy finished him off as he retreated. You just have to find the right bush. The type in that video will conceal anyone that doesn't move fairly well. There are some slightly smaller ones that don't hide you for poo poo though.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tonetta posted:

He's also circumstantially correct, if you are spread out from him and depending on the distance of target

Correct. If you're spread out where you're north of the enemy while your teammate is east of them they aren't going to be at 275 for you. However, it does always give you at least some idea of where they are if you know where your teammates are and it gets better when it's followed by additional information like "next to the guard tower". Use clock positions in a vehicle since everyone should be able to figure that one out pretty quickly. If you're moving on foot in a group in the same direction something like "contact left" followed by additional information will also work fine.

Temp banning some shitlord streamer was the 100% correct thing to do so you don't end up with a bunch of his shitlord followers doing the same thing.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Neon Belly posted:

In my regular squad group we generally restart if we lose someone before the first circle. Our rule, though, is that the last person standing gets to pick the next game's drop, so if any of us are still alive we have to kill each other to be picker. The risk of ban might put a damper on this fun, though.

If your friends aren't reporting you for it you're probably fine.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

RizieN posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsyGlamorousPidgeonPraiseIt

Dogs love micro-uzis and so do I. No joke, I might start carrying one for the whole game.

Cosmo was pretty popular last night! And our games kind of sucked too, 1 win and a bunch of top tens... We never did get to do the full goon squad try hard rounds, but we will very soon!

We'll also probably submit our community application at the end of this week, I'm going to give it a little longer to beef up my twitch and leave some past broadcasts up. Need to get some good goon games locked down and recorded/highlighted first though, I think.

A silenced uzi helped me seal a solo chicken dinner. In a field.

It did fail me last night when I thought I could pop out of a building and nuke a guy with it real quick. Guess he was just a little too far away.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah not really seeing what friendly fire adds to the game. I mean I guess crashing your motorcycle is still TKing and that counts for something but yeah.

It adds me scaring the poo poo out of a teammate and them gunning me down. Don't be a dick and intentionally TK randoms in your squad and you'll be fine.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

umm actually the high mmr hiders use outdoor spots almost exclusively. there's only so many possible bathrooms to hide in, but many tree/bush/rock combos. there's also spots to stash vehicles almost sight unseen!

I hid in a bush and took pot shots at people for at least 10 minutes for my solo win. Forced 3 people to take off to areas where other players killed them doing that. Just got really lucky with circles and had to move maybe 20 or 30 yards to get into what ended up being the last circle.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

BUTTERWORBS posted:

we can see your name dude

Hold on, are you telling me that posters Lindsey O. Graham and Vladimir Putin are actually those people? Mind loving blown!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

:toot:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/7x7dp

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Finally started getting the thing where I don't see other people drop where I'm dropping and having them surprise the gently caress out of me when I walk into a house as soon as I land and they're already in there.

I also had a thing a couple of days ago where I see a guy after dropping, we shoot at each other, I move away and then I don't see him again. One of the guys spectating me sees him just fine though and is yelling "HE'S RIGHT THERE" in the corner of the warehouse I'm juking at the entrance of trying to find him. I don't think I was just missing him but I sure as poo poo didn't see him until he rushed out shooting.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I like the clothing options available, I would never pay 2.50 for a chance at the stuff available now, or the stuff they've shown.

Maybe $.99? Even that's pushing it for me personally.

I paid a pretty decent amount of money to look as ridiculous as possible in Planetside 2 and I'd probably do the same here if it weren't just random loot boxes. Let me be a bright pink pretty princess and we're good to go.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

mashed_penguin posted:

I guess you can do that by buying the exact barbie items you want on the steam marketplace.

There's an absolute limit on how much I'll pay for this though. A few bucks to turn all of my armor/vehicles a ridiculous color is fine. Having to pay that much or more for individual pieces and I probably won't do it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Rex-Goliath posted:

I think it's a pretty easy solution because the default skins are your best bet for blending in while everything else is gonna be loud as gently caress. Which is good. They better give us a fuckin chicken suit because you know only the proest of the pro will be rocking that.

Nah, the pros will wear whatever blends in the most and get all pissy when some scrub in a chicken suit kills them.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

willroc7 posted:

loving NO. Never.

Prone in the right spots is pretty powerful. I had to apologize to a guy last night because I was yelling "THE GUY IS RIGHT HERE, HE'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME KILL HIM!!!" at him after we pushed too far forward and some dick laying in the grass murdered us all. I crawled over and was head butting him trying to point him out to the one guy that was still alive but he couldn't see him.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

Man I love this game but holy poo poo are they handling everything wrong. On the plus side, I got like 250 comment karma on Reddit so I can spam my videos there for more views.

r/pubattlegrounds has quickly turned into one of the worst subreddits that I tend to look at. Before the TK thing it was full of funny poo poo and tips and now it's just a constant circle jerk about insanely stupid poo poo that at least 90% of the people that own this game don't know or care about. To be fair, the people involved with the game aren't helping anything, but god drat it has gone downhill in even the short time I've been going there.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sphyre posted:

How many times do I have to die because I forgot to set my gun to auto before I learn :negative:

I've died at least once to guns defaulting back to single shot after accidentally picking up another gun while grabbing loot.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

succ posted:

Literally all he needs to do is put a three minute delay on his stream and he will never get stream sniped again. Deal with it like everyone else.

Also buy better headphones.

The best answer is to ban the guy that killed him. Obviously.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fauxshiz posted:

PU should work on vehicle physics instead of policing twitter.

Videos of the wacky vehicle physics are one of the reasons the game got as popular as it is and should never be changed.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Parallel Playa posted:

Dearsomeone just uploaded his new stream highlights video. His are the best of all INSANE FUNNY compilation videos that keep popping up these days imo. I've not watched it myself yet so I don't know if this one's as good as the others he's made, but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHr_imPLEko

Some great stuff in there. Fixing vehicle physics will be the worst thing for this game once they do it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pleads posted:

*shoots out tires of only other vehicle within 5km*
"Hah, those fuckers behind us are hosed!"
*peels out in car, hits pixel-sized rock, rolls into ditch*

I've had this happen. You have to laugh when it happens too.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

I have actually had people I've killed be like "nice job, how'd you get me?" and then I'll tell them and they'll be like "aw man, well played. Good luck!"

It's pretty :unsmith:

I don't even know what the key bind is to talk in voice chat in game. I should probably go through and find it at some point but I haven't needed to talk to anyone bad enough to look for it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
FYI, if you honk near someone that is streaming you're obviously a stream sniper according to them.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Shima Honnou posted:

I'd rather watch guys who lose constantly but laugh and have fun than watch ultra-tryhards basically do to the game what Airsofters did to paintball.

I like it when the groups I play with are like this. I'm not a try hard and when someone is berating people for dumb poo poo and saying "clear comms" repeatedly I'm gonna try to not play with them again.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Dropped sub-station with a squad. No less than 6 SKS's in there. 2 or 3 Kar98's as well.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

abigserve posted:

That place is tits good, we go there a lot

nah actually it's extremely likely streamers have been getting random people banned that kill them and it's a stupid rule.

I've dropped there a few times but hadn't seen anything like that.

Grimmz has for sure probably gotten completely innocent people that happened to kill him banned. I'm sure the other douchelord streamers have done the same. They shouldn't be banning anyone for it without absolutely concrete evidence of it happening.

I'm still amazed that this old Far Side comic has become reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
First person is cool and more intense, but holy gently caress is the camera position terrible.

• Locked thread