Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I hate the flooded town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

come on now, everyone knows the 1911 uses 45

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

just had a situation where me and a guy both killed each other with punches at the same time. really strange. i thought that wasn't a thing?

that is and probably always will be a thing in every online game

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Lol oh word? Just lead them? People can't figure where you're hiding 250 meters away with an sks?

gently caress off already

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The mini-14 hasn't been inaccurate IRL for years, since it was improved

It also looks cool as hell, looking forward to it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Phew, I watched a YouTube video of shroud clips in CS:GO, and the comments reminded me that the CS community is in a league of its own when it comes to toxic 13 year old boys acting tough

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

This game is cool as hell, and I'm glad it's getting crazy popular, but the weird poo poo like the report button being right next to the exit button and the rules of conduct make me nervous that blue hole is staffed by morons.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

fletcher posted:

I know you will blame the lovely unfinished game for "allowing" you to do this, but really that is kind of a dick thing to do and it's basically cheating.

You know what I did when my walls didn't render? Killed the TslGame.exe process and then reconnected.

lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

it does the opposite of what it's supposed to do.

it does what it does

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

more like you want it to force people to move and it doesn't

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It's random and unlikely, that is what makes it funny interesting

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gently caress competitive gameplay

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what about bears?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

maybe if the compass could be scaled up I could read the numbers from my couch, until then my calls will be vague

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

TBH it would be pretty cool if the Colt SAA created a bunch of black powder smoke

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

didn't you already make that exact post?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol if you don't play at 1080p with all the eye candy maxed

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

conangame runs way, way worse than pubg

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

TV doesn't support 1440p 60hz and my 1070 gets like ~40-60 fps at 4k

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I assume nobody uses fraps anymore

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

fortnite has a terrible art style and building poo poo is dumb

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

odiv posted:

Seems like they're very different anyway. Play PUBG if you enjoy it or Fortnite if you enjoy it. Or ditch both and play something else! I've been playing XCOM lately. It's pretty good!

The streamer thing seems like it's not going to go anywhere except everyone repeating themselves over and over, so we can probably stop now.

ok mom

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

did they even add an explanation of what stream sniping is in their rules of conduct yet? Or do they just say you'll be banned for it and assume you're up on the latest gameslang?

I think actually explaining what it is in the rules might make them realize how stupid banning people over it is

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sometimes I literally daydream about getting over 50fps at 4k in this game

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

seriously though, how many millions more copies do they have to sell before they can tell the game I don't live in Asia? and why do I still have to refresh my UI every time the party switches from 1PP to 3PP? harumph

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I permanently disabled voice like ten seconds into my first game, gently caress hitting Ctrl+t every time

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I kinda doubt the people actually doing work have seen any of the money

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It's not unity, and personally I don't give a poo poo about premade assets

dunno why anyone would

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

underage at the vape shop posted:

dont play random squads (join the discord), more than just the chinese hack, ping doesnt matter much in this game

nah, region lock would be good

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Stuntman posted:

anyone else hear a faint whistling?

you heard it here folks, wanting to play with people with the same ping as you is racist

I watched shroud play with some dude from the middle East, and he was laggy as hell

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

When I get to mid game, one habit has helped me out the most: don't shoot everyone you see, at least not right away. Stalk them for a while, see if they're after someone else or someone else is after them. Wait for them to go in a building and creep up and catch them on the stairs, etc.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah PUBG is fun as hell, but gamers gonna hate

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

BC2 and BC2: Vietnam fuckin ruled

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

loser

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is there something going on with the game's optimization now? I'm no longer hitting 100% GPU use, but my frame rate has dropped to 30-40 rather than 40-50 in busy areas, 60 in quieter areas. I've also completely dropped to 0 FPS a couple times this weekend after not having that for weeks. No settings changes. Although I might have to turn on AA and see if that helps.

It seems like the grass render range on minimum might have gotten raised again? Did that happen?

E: Wait, I might have set it to max performance in the Nvidia Control Panel, and I disabled DPI scaling on high DPI settings. I'll turn off one at a time and see what's happening. My GPU never breaks 80c on Furmark and never gets above 75-76 on PUBG. CPU hovers around 60c.

If I can't figure it out, are the official forums any good or is it going to be "Lol spend another $3-400 on your computer scrub"?

I think you know the answer

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

underage at the vape shop posted:

"Ping locking" or region locking or whatever would be garbage. If you think pings making you lose you are making excuses for being poo poo

lol get a load of this

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Tweak posted:

I use shadowplay but not that feature, if I drop school or something and kill 5 guys then die in the course of a minute, does that mean I have 6 ~5 second clips in my videos folder?

Nah it's smarter than that, although I don't know exactly what the cutoff is before it cuts kills up.

You can set the amount of space on your drive the temporary clips take up, too. It won't permanently save clips unless you opt to save them at the end of the game.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

You're right, COD is the pinnacle of gaming, no one should bother making games.

holy poo poo you are stupid

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Seriously though fortnite looks too stupid to play, and I played the hell out of tf2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I would mock anyone who shot a rifle with a brake on my property, that's some nerd poo poo

• Locked thread