Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

John DiFool posted:

Yea recently died to someone after briefly peeking but they kept shooting at where I was for several seconds and still scoring hits. Demo showed I was well within cover but still taking hits. Would really enjoy region locking people with high pings.

Also I really doubt they would be able to do much about increasing the density of players during the game. Every player within each other’s radius will increase server load. There’s a reason why the game rubber bands like crazy at the beginning, namely because there’s so many people clumped together and fighting at once.

Players actually disappear from view at a little over a kilometer away. The low density that occurs naturally from having a large map and long flight path ends up saving a lot of work for the server. Good luck getting the tick rate up when 100 players are all in a one kilometer square.

I believe the thread has already decided that region lock is racist and you're a hitler, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread