Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?

ILL Machina posted:

"You're laughing at the wrong things, idiot." You probably think Frasier's funny.

This forum is built upon the carcasses of dead and bad jokes. Let's all just agree to let people do dumb things on camera for other dumb people to watch and be happy for them for finding a way to enjoy themselves in this short, cruel, and brutish life.

But people on the internet are enjoying something I enjoy in a different way and furthermore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
8/9 times the game has crashed trying to join a match on the test server. Never had (major, consistent) issues with it before.

Anyone else unable to play on test server?

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?

Hackan Slash posted:

The whole random map is not working out in test, and I don't think it'll get better on live.

We played eight games last night, and every one was on the old map because they're were so many open lobbies from people leaving games. In addition, only 50 people were left by the time the first circle appeared. Unless you want to lobby hop for the new map you won't get to play a real game.

My record so far is match starting with 36 people. My squad just gets a bunch of vehicles and drive around doing stupid poo poo until we find people to fight.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?

Evilreaver posted:

For me it's just "wait [random 1-70] seconds"

I've found I can still click on the settings button and refresh the lobby. I do that 2-3 times and when that doesn't work I quit and relaunch it.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
I don't know if this happens to anyone else but red dots are completely unusable for me because they look like this. They used to be fine until the around when the desert map went up and they've been garbage ever since.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
My one real complaint about this game is the lack of bullet penetration. Shower curtains, doors, fences, leaves, etc blocking bullets is incredibly frustrating. Maybe it's just because I played so much CS growing up but it really bugs me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?

lohli posted:

It's weird because there doesn't seem to be enough points on the map that should be so desirable that it warrants half the server almost immediately dying off trying to dominate them.

The high density in a few areas comes a lot from the plane path. Sure there are a bunch of named places that the players could cover and spread out over to avoid conflicts but the plane is only going to pass over less than half of them and most players aren't going to spend five minutes in a parachute just to get to the corner of the map.

Plus all the people who like the mad scramble for weapons after landing in the wrestling ring in Pecado to see who can become the undisputed heavyweight champion.

• Locked thread