Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I saw a steam ad for a f2p game called Warface (what a terrible name) that now has a battle royale mode. Has anyone tried it? I see some reviews saying the game in general is sort of pay to win. Anyone tried it? If to win means 30$ or less and it's good, I might can deal with that, unless the paytowin loot is random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

Agoat posted:

Played a few matches.

- 15 player BR
- Light paid elements in BR, I think you can get character upgrades but you're not spawning with guns or anything
- Map feels more built for combat than PUBG, even though it's small. No giant fields to roam through trying to find the next arena
- First person is less clunky

Overall it's really weird. It's not great, but at $0 it's a neat take. I took first on my second game, I didn't find a weapon until 8 players were left then just went on a spree. Players are really bad, too.

Do you know if you can make custom matches?To do a 15 player BR out of people you know?

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

Varkas posted:

I think you're probably in a good spot with 400 DPI and in-game sensitivity of 50. This is evidently a list of what professional players are using..

drat, shroud has the same mouse as me. I'm not surprised because of how awesome it is. I am surprised because it's not top of the line cutting edge with more buttons. If we use the same mouse, why am I still so bad? It doesn't make any sense.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

So some guy killed me while I was in a buggy and while that's not the issue, I watched the killcam afterwards and noticed the entire time he aimed at me he was aiming like 5 feet off to the side. His reticle never once actually went over me or the buggy.

Is the game just bugged or did I run into my first cheater?

Have you ever spectated teammates in squads/duos? You should immediately understand the problem if you have.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

This just has to do with client/host latency. When he is aiming at you, the spectating info you see is where is aiming + the latency between him, the server, then you. That's why it is behind.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Anyone have advice for my dad lol. He wants to start playing battlegrounds and he's a 64 year old man. He used to play modern warfare 2. I don't think he would enjoy this game but he wants to try.

Why do you not think he wouldn’t like it? Do you play? Insight would help us give advice.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Probably because he'll get brutally owned over and over. I'll try to duo with him and keep him alive. I was mostly just posting about it and wondering if other goons had the same experience.

This game is partially so popular because it makes bad people feel good about hiding in bathrooms to a top ten finish. Let him play. Best advice I can give is don’t move while shooting, and stay calm and focus on accuracy over speed, and don’t shoot at people too far away because you aren’t going to kill them and you will give away your position.

And play with low sensitivity. Good rule of thumb, is your character should do 360 degrees or less across the distance of your mousepad for beginners with super bad aim.

cosmicjim fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 23, 2017

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

flatluigi posted:

Congratulations on being literally the first person I've seen who doesn't love the new map.

Lots of people don’t like the new map, including me. I’ll play it, but it’s worse than the old one.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

Ive had the circle on the new map end on a bridgeless island twice. I scoured a long swath of coast and didnt find a boat. I had to SWIM.
I dont enjoy driving over stupid bumpy mountains if I dont want to take the road. The new map is drab and depressing looking.
The map feels more scope dependent than the first map.

I do not like these things. I apologize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

I've changed my mind about it.

• Locked thread